ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops will be gone in a year or two

You keep doing what you always did, you get what you always got.
I agree but it’s not like we haven’t tried new coaches over the decades and gotten them same results. We don’t have the money to compete in this day and age. It used to be prestiege, now it’s cash. We have enough for 12 basketball players but not 80 Football players. It is what it is. The fact remains Stoops has had one of the most successful runs on UK Football history. Can’t take that away from him no matter how we feel about being better.

Barring some big Portal moves ,which may or may not happen next year will be rough for our team and coach. Our schedule is brutal. 3 sure fire losses at Ole miss at UT and at Texas to end the season . A loss to UGA and a probable loss to Auburn. We win first 3 games against the tomato cans and beat Vandy and USC. At 5-5 the whole season boils down to winning in Swamp and at home to UL.7-5 is best I can see with 6-6 a very likely record.

Barring some big Portal moves ,which may or may not happen next year will be rough for our team and coach. Our schedule is brutal. 3 sure fire losses at Ole miss at UT and at Texas to end the season . A loss to UGA and a probable loss to Auburn. We win first 3 games against the tomato cans and beat Vandy and USC. At 5-5 the whole season boils down to winning in Swamp and at home to UL.7-5 is best I can see with 6-6 a very likely record.
Why do say that we have three road games to end the season, when the schedule hasn't even been released yet?

Reactions: ArtLaibsGhost
What happened was the booster who bought out Jimbo didn't like the Stoops hire and told the AD he was going to be paying Stoops. That simple. Stoops was ready to go and take White, Coen, and Walker with him. How are the players gonna feel about this? I think we see a mass exodus this off-season.
You’re inside the meeting rooms? Exactly how do you, “know” this to be true?

If I'm a school with that kind of NIL money and national championship ambitions, I would be pissed about Mark Stoops being hired for my school. He's 35-55 vs the SEC.

He's been good, great even--by Kentucky Football standards. In these threads, guys are always telling us how things could be a lot worse than they are with Stoops. At least Stoops gets us to a bowl every year. Who are we gonna get that goes better than 7-5?

A&M doesn't think that way. They think they can win. They won't accept 7-5. They won't accept 35-55. Stoops would have been fired A LONG time ago at A&M.

I appreciate the sentiment that A&M is an easier school to win at. I can buy that he may do a little better. I don't believe he starts going undefeated and competing for the Playoffs and National Championships. His coaching style won't win consistently enough at that level.
You think the guy they hired will really move along?

Reactions: sluggercatfan
You think the guy they hired will really move along?
No.

They went from 1 coach in the Duke's Mayo Bowl to the other. He's been part of A&M and recruited well there. Those parts of it make sense.

But they've acted like they're Texas and will only settle for excellence. I thought they were going to get Dabo. That's the move if you're a never-has-been that believes you're elite.

Stoops record in the SEC is terrible for a coach making the money he makes, yes it was a great game to beat the ville but where would the ville be in the SEC no more than the middle.

I would just like to know how some are "in the know" and are 100% on conversations that happened lol. Texas A&M is going to say they pulled the offer and Stoops is going to say he had a change of heart regardless of what happened so they do not look foolish. Not a single one of you guys were in on the conversation, so its funny to hear so many speak in definitive statements!

I said from the beginning that I believe Stoops cares about what HE has built here at UK. Sure the allure of Texas A&M was huge and he would have the resources, but I truly believe that after that UL performance and how happy that everyone truly was he reconsidered his position and told Texas A&M that he was staying put. All of the Aggie insiders were saying it was a done deal...they don't put that out there unless they really believe it was happening on their end and everything was approved. Had he agreed to take the job? Maybe. Or maybe that flight that was supposed to have happened Saturday evening/Sunday morning was to finalize the deal and Saturday evening he discussed everything with his crew and ultimately decided that wasn't what he truly wanted to do anymore. How many times have you seen a news release of "Coach X is being hired pending board approval"....it doesn't happen! Everything is approved before an announcement is leaked.

Maybe. Possibly. No Clue. But I will be the first to admit that I have no insight and I don't try to act like I "know" anything for certain other than what I read on news sites.

Only when Matt Jones posts them right
People are going to form their own decisions based on what fits their narrative.

If you dont think Jones was around that Saturday night I can’t say anything to change your mind.

If you think everything coming from aTm Saturday was real…..

2 out of 3 is good considering all the hires since Bear Bryant have been pretty shitty. Lol.

Basketball is back, not sure what you’ve been watching this year so far.
First off he has been the coach for over a decade, we do we need to be “back”? I wouldn’t say basketball is back. I’d say the recruits are better this year. The only real competition the ball team has faced, in the 2nd half he went straight back to his old ways when he couldve made a statement win.

I am nueteral on CMs as a person but as a coach he has done some great things, but at 11+ years I’d think we would be competing better with the top of the SEC and it seems his team has regressed the last few years. I sincerely believe he was leaving for TAMU before the rug was pulled out from under him. This is a terrible look for him and I don’t see how he gets half the fan base back without some high profile wins and I’m not sure he is able to win those high profile games judging the last decade.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT