ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops On Postgame: "I'm....I'm just pissed."

Meanwhile, Oklahoma is beating the snot out of Arkansas St. and by 73 their coach while dejected isn't whining.

I hate when a coach whines about a team winning. Now, if the starters are still out their up 50, now THAT'S a legit gripe.
Butch Jones coaching champions of life.

I don't think CMS had ANY intentions of scoring. And when we did, I am pretty sure he was pissed at himself for not taking a knee.

Scoring a meaningless TD against a defeated foe is NOT his MO.
I see what you're saying and you're right with regard to the outcome of the game ... it was certainly meaningless. With regard to the players ... players will try to score all day long and I hope they continue to play aggressive. Water under the bridge and much to do about nothing, at this point. But I do agree with you that Stoops is not one to pile on a beaten team. I'm sure he was surprised that Davis broke that run to the endzone. I'll take it and not look back.

Reactions: cathouse
I see what you're saying and you're right with regard to the outcome of the game ... it was certainly meaningless. With regard to the players ... players will try to score all day long and I hope they continue to play aggressive. Water under the bridge and much to do about nothing, at this point. But I do agree with you that Stoops is not one to pile on a beaten team. I'm sure he was surprised that Davis broke that run to the endzone. I'll take it and not look back.
Some of the posters on here just don't get it. Probably never played sports or understand the "unwritten rules" of the game itself.

I found this from Stoops postgame. They can hear it from his own mouth. He never intended to score that last TD.

Go to 2 minute mark if you don't want to listen to all of it.

Last edited:
This is why I like Stoops. He's always hungry. Talking about how he was frustrated about how difficult it was to get in sync and not happy with execution.

Good to hear and I hope it improves.

Although he also kinda apologized for the score at the last minute. Which whatever man. It's part of the game. Don't apologize for that.
He should be pi$$Ed! Despite the lopsided score, nothing really impressed. The Oline still struggles to give you a resemblance of an SEC oline and Leary's first outing was less impressive. But, you can't win them all unless you win the first one.

Last edited:
Butch Jones coaching champions of life.
Butch apparently took a knee on the sideline and cried when the game ended. Wish I was kidding. Guess they held hands and sang kumbaya after watching the film yesterday.

Short list of things you won't find Mark Stoops doing:

#1 Crying on the sideline after a beat down...

I did not see that at all. I saw Stoops approach the BSU coach being apologetic and the BSU coach being cool with it. I have yet to see anything Stoops or the the BSU said or seen any video pointing to this. Does anyone have anything that back up these claims?

There is no evidence. Stoops wanted more snaps for his guys to play. We happened to score. He handled it with nothing but class and there is nothing to indicate that the ball state side took exception to the late score, despite what some here are saying. It’s not like we were calling timeouts and running hurry up to get more points on the board.

Reactions: bthaunert
both LOS did not do crap - on defense no pressure with the front 4 QB had all day and picked us apart
The Oline was again disappointing- QB pressure almost every throw - no holes for running game immediate penetration
Well, 3 sacks and 8 TFL for us (Ball State had 1 sack and 4 TFL) along with very little running up the middle by Ball State, and a multi-play, four down goal-line stand . . . those are pretty good signs of effective line play both ways.

Ball State averaged just over 5 yards per completion, as running three yard button-hooks for quick-hit passing, limited sacks and pressures.

Ball State averaged 1.8 yards per rush. Kentucky averaged 5.7 per rush.

I thought the lines looked more than adequate.

What constitutes “domination” is very subjective.

This was the second largest win over a MAC school in Stoops’ tenure, barely eclipsed by a 34 point win over Ohio in 2013.

Last edited:
I just love Mark Stoops, man. Before him, UK would be more than happy with a 30 point win over anybody. But my man ain't happy. 7 win seasons used to be great for us. Now it's the floor. Now it's disappointing.

Stoops at his press conference today....still pissed!!

I think it is because he sees a very special season opportunity right here for the taking. And doesn't want it blown, the team needs to jell and get execution clean, play penalty free with no dumb careless turnovers.

Reactions: The-Hack
Stoops at his press conference today....still pissed!!

I think it is because he sees a very special season opportunity right here for the taking. And doesn't want it blown, the team needs to jell and get execution clean, play penalty free with no dumb careless turnovers.
Agree. Stoops sees something more in this team..
.an opportunity to take the next step.

Reactions: JHB4UK and The-Hack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT