ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops future at UK

Six wins is a reasonable goal for this year, but I think we are still a year away from being good and two seasons away from being really good. The key is holding on to the recruits we have committed. Our conditioning coaches and facilities will also be a major plus.

I think the vast, vast majority of UK football fans love the job Stoops has done so far.

In my lifetime, no UK football staff has recruited like this. Stoops has, IMO, a tremendous staff in place. He's killing it on the recruiting trail. Hell, he's already signed an extension.

Stoops isn't on any hot seat. He won't be anytime soon.

GBB!!!

As usual, I Agree Erik! I just marvel at the Tweets that come in for recruits that I didn't think we have a chance to pickup. But Stoops and Company not only are getting quality recruits, they are STOCKING talent each year! We will soon have over 100 Recruits on the Roster (I know we can only dress 85), but when is the last time we had that kind of talent on the shelf?

Never! in my lifetime.... Got to keep this Group of Coaches and Trainers together!!!!

IMO, we won't make it to a bowl this year, but that does not mean Stoops has not made significant progress. In fact, if I had to bet my house on total wins, I'd say 4. Even if that happens Stoops seat isn't even lukewarm. He's built enough equity to this point to merit a contract extension. I think we're still one year away. '17 will be a great year for us.
No I think he at least needs until 2050. We have to at least wait until his first recruiting class's kids are old enough to become 5th year seniors, thats how the high performance program works.

IMO, we won't make it to a bowl this year, but that does not mean Stoops has not made significant progress. In fact, if I had to bet my house on total wins, I'd say 4. Even if that happens Stoops seat isn't even lukewarm. He's built enough equity to this point to merit a contract extension. I think we're still one year away. '17 will be a great year for us.

I agree that he will be in no danger of being fired but I don't see why you think 4 games is the max.

I agree that he will be in no danger of being fired but I don't see why you think 4 games is the max.

I don't necessarily believe 4 wins is the max. I believe we should almost certainly win 4 by just showing up, but the other 7 SEC games as well as the ul game I'm not sure about. It's very possible, even likely we'll be underdogs going into each of those games. As a long suffering Football fan, I've learned to harness my expectations...disappointment has been a frequent visitor.

Reactions: UKCatnNC
I don't know what's so hard to understand about it. You have to give Stoops time to recruit (5 years, minimum) Time to develop his guys. Barnhart understands that better than anyone. Thus, Stoops isn't on the hot seat, isn't anywhere near the hot seat, and unless the wheels fell off (like a 3-9 type season), he won't be in the foreseeable future.

For the first time maybe ever, UK is recruiting at a level that could allow them to compete in the SEC. Anyone that thinks Mitch would risk derailing that based on not going 6-6 and playing in a meaningless bowl game is delusional.

As for last year, UK overachieved IMO. Yeah, they lost six straight to close the season. Three were very competitive games (Missouri, Mississippi State, and Louisville). And keep in mind, that was an extremely young team that had what, two guys drafted?

This is a special time for UK football. Facilities upgrades (finally!!). Much improved recruiting. A more talented football team. And this year, as friendly a schedule as UK will ever get. Can't wait to kick the season off!

GBB!!!
Well said UKErik!! Looking forward to your game breakdowns. Go Cats!!

let me start by saying, name the last coach at uk with a winning record? Now name the last coach that has a good plan to make UK football a real threat......... All of us should get behind COACH and show up and yell your uk ass off and be blessed that he has given us his time and effort. We may not win the sec east or conference but he will get us to where we win a few battles. Erik spot on!!!

I think the vast, vast majority of UK football fans love the job Stoops has done so far.

In my lifetime, no UK football staff has recruited like this. Stoops has, IMO, a tremendous staff in place. He's killing it on the recruiting trail. Hell, he's already signed an extension.

Stoops isn't on any hot seat. He won't be anytime soon.

GBB!!!
Word.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT