ADVERTISEMENT

Stolen Credit Card Question

cricket3

All-American
May 29, 2001
Got an e-mail tonight thanking me for my $300 order from Pizza Hut in Bakersfield and I am very much not in Bakersfield. I assume since I got the email I have a Pizza Hut account that was hacked and I needed to change the password. However once I did that I realized the card linked to the account expired 4 years ago.

How is that even possible?

Since I got an order confirmation I was able to call the store and cancel the order and shut my card down but I’m baffled how they used my card and had an order confirmation sent to my email if they’re not attached in the Pizza Hut account.

They must have ordered straight from your card and not your Pizza Hut account. You got notified because you have an account, but that’s not how they ordered.

Kid of funny, someone in Louisville stole my card number and kept trying to order pizzas all over town for like a week. They kept getting declined for potential fraud, so I let it go for several days just watching them fail at getting anything off my card. They finally gave up and I got a new one.

Reactions: chroix
There’s nothing tying my card to my e-mail as far as Pizza Hut knows. If the card was attached to my Pizza Hut account it would make sense but that wasn’t the case.

Yeah the charge and the refund where the store cancelled the charge are both in pending.

3 Large Meat Lovers Stuffed Crusts and 7 Large Pepperoni Stuffed Crusts for those wondering.

My wife has had her Visa card number stolen several times. Usually happened at a gas station (via skimmer) or at restaurants in downtown Louisville. Now she gets an email whenever her card is used so she can see if any fraudulent charges are made. These thieves suck.

Last edited:
It's comical (and fortunate) that thieves evidently lack ambition. Pizza? That's your go-to thing to steal? My wife's credit card number has been stolen a couple of times. Huge pain to get the new card and notify the vendors that you have an account with for automatic payments.

Reactions: KYExtemper
A lot of these thieves start small with a stolen card. If it goes through, they move up to bigger items. Nothing worse than a thief. On a sort of different note, I'd like to think that if I was at a store and saw someone walking out with items that I'd have to tackle these turds. They're so brazen anymore because they can get away with it.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
^Had a cc account shutdown recently for a $2.00 charge (!!!) that the card company rightfully thought suspicious. Received new card & account number in two days.

Reactions: Tskware
A lot of these thieves start small with a stolen card. If it goes through, they move up to bigger items. Nothing worse than a thief. On a sort of different note, I'd like to think that if I was at a store and saw someone walking out with items that I'd have to tackle these turds. They're so brazen anymore because they can get away with it.
If you’re an employee and you do that they’ll fire you + you don’t know if they have a weapon or their accomplice does - is that worth risking your safety over?

If you’re an employee and you do that they’ll fire you + you don’t know if they have a weapon or their accomplice does - is that worth risking your safety over?
I don't work at a store. Someones gotta stand up to these low lifes.

It's comical (and fortunate) that thieves evidently lack ambition. Pizza? That's your go-to thing to steal? My wife's credit card number has been stolen a couple of times. Huge pain to get the new card and notify the vendors that you have an account with for automatic payments.
I have one card for automatic payments. It is not used for anything else. A second card that is used for all other transactions. A third card that is not used unless the second card is compromised. If the second card is compromised, the third card then becomes the all other transactions card. When the second card is replaced it is not used unless the third card is compromised. Cards two and three rotate as necessary.

Reactions: CB3UK
I had to get 2 new bank cards this year. About a month ago someone somehow linked my bank card to their cash app and spent 500 freaking dollars. Got the money back though within a day and new card about a week later. Still have no clue how that could have happened. I dont understand how my bank even let it happen tbh. Should have been obvious looking fraudulent charges

I think restaurants are a big risk from when you give them the card & they come back with the bill to sign. Someone takes the number & goes from there.

Reactions: KYExtemper
My wifes PayPal account was hacked a couple of years ago and they purchased a $500 Nike gift card. Someone was getting some Jordan's for Christmas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT