ADVERTISEMENT

Stipulations Mitch will include....

I still believe, until I hear from multiple respected sources otherwise, there’s absolutely no way Cal is retained! This “stipulation” BS is just that, BS!

A couple of people floated that to gauge fan reaction, and it completely blew up!

Like what is Mitch going to say, “I’m going to tell you when to start your best players”, or “when to switch up defenses”, or even, “hey, that Shaedon Sharpe fella needs to check in to the game tonight!”

Yeah, that’s totally going to happen! Might as well fire the a-hole, and move on like a damn professional Athletic Director.

I still believe, until I hear from multiple respected sources otherwise, there’s absolutely no way Cal is retained! This “stipulation” BS is just that, BS!

A couple of people floated that to gauge fan reaction, and it completely blew up!

Like what is Mitch going to say, “I’m going to tell you when to start your best players”, or “when to switch up defenses”, or even, “hey, that Shaedon Sharpe fella needs to check in to the game tonight!”

Yeah, that’s totally going to happen! Might as well fire the a-hole, and move on like a damn professional Athletic Director.
Oh I agree...like Cal, with his ego, is going to stand for any oversight whatsoever....would never ever happen. And to even believe it would is ludicrous.

I would assume he would put in things like, "You and I will have scheduled weekly meetings", "You must abide by this process in order to do X", "You will provide me with certain information weekly", etc. He's not going to talk specific on the court stuff, but from an administrative, policy, etc. process, he would put things in place that would no longer allow Cal to operate on an island as he wants.

Attend Greg Kampe Summer Basketball camp as ball boy...

mWeXcfQ.png

I would assume he would put in things like, "You and I will have scheduled weekly meetings", "You must abide by this process in order to do X", "You will provide me with certain information weekly", etc. He's not going to talk specific on the court stuff, but from an administrative, policy, etc. process, he would put things in place that would no longer allow Cal to operate on an island as he wants.
I can see some of this, as Mitch has a boss to answer to as well. You have to have some type of proof that you're holding him accountable, or else he's liable. So he has do some form of oversight to save his own ass before the administration, maybe.

I can see some of this, as Mitch has a boss to answer to as well. You have to have some type of proof that you're holding him accountable, or else he's liable. So he has do some form of oversight to save his own ass before the administration, maybe.
Mitch's seat isn't hot, so I don't think he's doing it to save his own ass. I think part of it is to see if Cal will abide by all of it or if he will want to negotiate a buyout because he doesn't want anyone watching over him.

Reactions: Ky_Bred_Cat
I don't think he can really put any stipulations in that aren't already in the contract. There is no leverage for Calipari to conceed anything. "F you, pay me."

Mitch is an all time terrible negotiator for giving Cal this contract.

Reactions: Smashcat
I'm not on Cal's side in this, but no alpha male coach is gonna agree to be micromanaged by some pencil necked desk jockey. If you want that kinda coach, go grab Rick's boy before UL gets him. If Barney knows so much, he should coach.

Reactions: Ky_Bred_Cat
Mitch's seat isn't hot, so I don't think he's doing it to save his own ass. I think part of it is to see if Cal will abide by all of it or if he will want to negotiate a buyout because he doesn't want anyone watching over him.
When youre given the freedom of an island to do your OWN thing, and then all of a sudden you have your boss poking his head in here and there, that has to be frustrating. I'm convinced Cal's ego is too big for that.

You have to clock in when going to practice and you have to clock out also a weekly report on the progress of your objectives being made

Required to do 90% of your post game call in shows.

No swaggy Cal and beef w fans/media. Address the game and leave the ego at the door.

Required to track analytics and play the best +/- lineup the most minutes, foul trouble permitting.

Renegotiate contract to reduce the buyout if he wants another year

Changes that would have to be required for Cal to stay at UK and be successful.

1. Cal puts it in writing that he will start his best players based on actual on court
performance rather than high school ranking, maybe asking his assistant coaches
think are the best players might help.

2. Cal agrees to hire a coach that still knows how to teach a team to play defense
since Cal has forgotten how and lets that coach have total freedom to plan and coach
the defense.

3. Same as #2 on offense.

4. Let one of those assistants handle the in game coaching since Cal has never
been able to do that and let that guy do the screaming if it needs to be done.

Of course that would leave Cal just a recruiter for and figurehead of the program.
But all that wouldn't work unless the assistants were head coach caliber and Cal
would never agree to it anyway.

There is a reason Cal hasn't produced any great coaches among his assistants. They
learned from him and were not able to recruit the talent he has been able to get.
If Cal wasn't a great recruiter none of us would have ever heard his name.

Any stipulations would not be shared with the public so what would Mitch say to the fans to prevent backlash.

Just cut your losses. Let him go and release all recruits from their commitments.

Let the new guy have free rein

Kentucky

I don’t see any stipulations that Mitch can impose on Kalipari that will result in an improved performance next year.

What is Mitch going to require:

• Coach better?
  • Practice will be from 4-6pm every day
  • You must say the Lord’s Prayer before every game and practice
  • Recruiting will be overseen by my wife
  • No donuts on game days
I am being ridiculous as “there are going to be stipulations” sounds great but does not mean much IMHO
You have 5 years worth of statistics to look at. Not just this season but you could go back to the end of the 2015 season if you wanted. Why will next year be better? Wanting it to be does not cut it. Kicking the can down the road only delays the inevitable. Next season will not be any better no matter who the coach is. COW is done, and his promises to be better cannot be trusted!

Only thing I can't think of is Mitch doesn't want to pay the money to fire him, so he's trying to make it so miserable that he quits.

The stipulation is you sign an addendum to your contract that says you get to a final four next year or you gtfo with nothing. Otherwise here's the door. Don't let it hit you in the ass on the way out.

Sharpe was here on scholarship, Barney should have told he had to play if he was using school resources.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT