ADVERTISEMENT

Source feedback on latest practice

It's been a whopping 3-4 months since the end of our season, yet somehow two players that were "meh" in Feb/March are suddenly "faster" (Ugonna) and "more under control" (Thiero), and one player is "improving on defense and finishing around the rim" (Reeves). Players not playing in any kind of competition for 3-4 months aren't just going to magically return more skilled. Now if your buddy said "put on weight", "looks ripped", or "leaned out", that would be more believable.

I say take this "report" and next month's Canada trip with a tiny, non-visible grain of salt, and wait until the first of January after we have a couple months of real games behind us.

I'm sorry to rain on the parade, but these practice updates are useless. How many years now do we here that every player is a beast in practice, but come showtime in the fall/winter, they not as advertised?
Yeah, true, but it is better than no news. Thanks OP.

Reactions: dl51344
It's been a whopping 3-4 months since the end of our season, yet somehow two players that were "meh" in Feb/March are suddenly "faster" (Ugonna) and "more under control" (Thiero), and one player is "improving on defense and finishing around the rim" (Reeves). Players not playing in any kind of competition for 3-4 months aren't just going to magically return more skilled. Now if your buddy said "put on weight", "looks ripped", or "leaned out", that would be more believable.

I say take this "report" and next month's Canada trip with a tiny, non-visible grain of salt, and wait until the first of January after we have a couple months of real games behind us.
i agree for the most part.

BUT, I do believe the Canada trip should tell us a little something. As Baylor got beat pretty good on the same trip last year.

Reactions: EliteBlue

Just say you don’t believe the practice report and be done with it.
To say that it’s “magic” that in 3-4 months someone can’t be more skilled is silly.

Childish post.
Oh good Lord! Lighten up Nancy! It was a joke. I’ll make sure to check with you going forward to make certain all of my future posts meet your self-righteous levels of holiness and maturity. Thanks for keeping me in line.

We get these every year. I mean every year.
-Boston was a killer, those warehouse videos were legit.
-Sasha Killea Jones couldn't be stopped.
-Greene can't miss.
-Whitney is going to own college basketball
-Mark Coury is a monster, don't sleep on him
-Michael Porter is going to surprise errbody.

Every year.

If they win a lot in Canada that would be a great sign. The teams they will play are good teams, it’s not like the Bahamas games. Baylor went 1-9 last season I’m pretty sure during this tournament

Bro, Tayshaun averaged 17ppg as upperclassman. He scored nearly 1800 pts at UK. Dropped 41 in a NCAAT game and has the single most electrifying offensive moment in Rupp history minus maybe Dirk Minnifield dunk and I doubt that. I thought walls were going to cave in at Rupp. Bleachers were noticeably shaking for that UNC 3pt barrage.

So are you talking just NBA?
Right Prince was great offensively . He was equal parts D and O . Why he was so freaking great here.

If they win a lot in Canada that would be a great sign. The teams they will play are good teams, it’s not like the Bahamas games. Baylor went 1-9 last season I’m pretty sure during this tournament
I will be happy winning 2 games in Canada honestly. This isn't like the Bahamas . We are playing teams who should beat us .

Reactions: EliteBlue
-Boston was a killer, those warehouse videos were legit.
-Sasha Killea Jones couldn't be stopped.
-Greene can't miss.
-Whitney is going to own college basketball
-Mark Coury is a monster, don't sleep on him
-Michael Porter is going to surprise errbody.

Every year.
You have to admit, Porter did surprise us...unless you knew he was a pedo.

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
I like reading practice reports, and tend to get excited. But I do remember That practice reports said that Boston and Clarke were MJ and Scottie Pippin 2.0 That team rewired my brain in a bad way. Ain't been the same sense.

I like reading practice reports, and tend to get excited. But I do remember That practice reports said that Boston and Clarke were MJ and Scottie Pippin 2.0 That team rewired my brain in a bad way. Ain't been the same sense.
Clarke getting hurt torpedoed that team, but BJ def did not live up to the hype. Also anybody that saw Whitney in all star games knew he was not the real deal.

I’m definitely all for that too. I truly hope the plan isn’t for Ugo to start
Would love to just bring Ugo in to swat and alter everything when the other team is in an offensive groove. Just throw them off and disrupt them. Especially if we are letting teams get to the basket all night like we have a habit of.

I’d be happy with 2 years, A Sophomore Reed/Hart backcourt would be a good start for next year.
Not to look too far ahead but I will be interested to see who they bring in at guard next year because honestly I think those two would be an amazing college back Court.

Reactions: Aike
Not to look too far ahead but I will be interested to see who they bring in at guard next year because honestly I think those two would be an amazing college back Court.
I'm not ready to say those two would make an amazing college backcourt before either has played a minute of college basketball. But I do agree that I'm excited about the possibility/likelihood of both coming back next year. I think PG is going to end up being Shepherd's best college position, while I expect 2G to be Hart's.

I'm not ready to say those two would make an amazing college backcourt before either has played a minute of college basketball. But I do agree that I'm excited about the possibility/likelihood of both coming back next year. I think PG is going to end up being Shepherd's best college position, while I expect 2G to be Hart's.
Oh, I think they would, maybe not as Sophomores. I’m pretty sure Cal will recruit over them every year though, that’s why I said IF Hart sticks around 4 years.

Reactions: G-PIP
I'm sorry to rain on the parade, but these practice updates are useless. How many years now do we here that every player is a beast in practice, but come showtime in the fall/winter, they not as advertised?
Seems we have been hearing the same thing for the past few years, how great everybody looks, then the season starts........

Reactions: kyjeff1
Oh, I think they would, maybe not as Sophomores. I’m pretty sure Cal will recruit over them every year though, that’s why I said IF Hart sticks around 4 years.
Hart didnt come here to stay here for 4 years, he thinks he's a Herro!

Reactions: dl51344
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT