ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry if already confirmed.....

St.PatterSoN-54-

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
......but where are we with the Croatian Sensation?

Is he gone for sure, or are we still in limbo? I've been off the board for a few days and don't see anything definitive.

Go Big Blue.

tasty-pulp-fiction.gif

Reactions: Fox2monk
The University of Kentucky is having a panel of Nobel Prize literary laureates analyze his writings to make sure he's competent to take Physical Education 101.

It's extremely important that the university's standards earned by admitting 94 percent of those who either could pay or could get a taxpayer grant to pay for them are not diminished.

Last edited:
The University of Kentucky is having a panel of Nobel Prize literary laureates analyze his writings to make sure he's competent to take Physical Education 101.

It's extremely important that the university's standards earned by admitting 94 percent of those who either could pay or could get a taxpayer grant to pay for them are not diminished.
Sounds like I haven't missed much. Just waiting on the UK admin to get off their asses and do something.
crazy-insane.gif

Reactions: drawing_dead
......but where are we with the Croatian Sensation?

Is he gone for sure, or are we still in limbo? I've been off the board for a few days and don't see anything definitive.

Go Big Blue.

tasty-pulp-fiction.gif
LHL’s Ben Roberts actually talked with UK admissions and the reality is that Ivisic could have till mid-October to get into UK. After reading the article I went from pessimistic to encouraged he will be part of the team.

LHL’s Ben Roberts actually talked with UK admissions and the reality is that Ivisic could have till mid-October to get into UK. After reading the article I went from pessimistic to encouraged he will be part of the team.
Here’s what UK’s Jay Blanton told Roberts.
According to Blanton, it’s possible for newly admitted students to enroll in classes at UK well after the semester begins, and such scenarios have occurred in the past. “We have historically admitted students for part-of-term courses … permitted they have met all admissibility standards to the university in conjunction with the academic college where the student has identified their plan of study,” Blanton said. In Ivišić’s case, he would need to be accepted as a UK student by undergraduate admissions and then cleared to enroll for “part-of-term” courses by the specific college in which he will be studying. (Even if a student has an undeclared major, as many freshmen do, there are “part-of-term” options that would be available to those students.) Blanton said part-of-term courses in the fall semester begin in mid-October, a timeline that would give UK and Ivišić another month or so to work toward a possible solution.

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/col...tball-men/article279297219.html#storylink=cpy

Their foreign student admissions rate is far less however at around 31%

I think he would have already backed out if he didn't think this would go through. I'm not popping any bottles of champagne yet but it's looking pretty good.
The biggest question now is whether Z will take the test again or not. The test results seem to be the stopping block right now. Sources have said that he's standing his ground that he believes he's done everything he needs to do to be admitted and will not take the test again. So, we shall see.

The biggest question now is whether Z will take the test again or not. The test results seem to be the stopping block right now. Sources have said that he's standing his ground that he believes he's done everything he needs to do to be admitted and will not take the test again. So, we shall see.
Those sources were also putting out a lot of bad info. That's why Blanton tweeted there was bad info out there and that UK was concentrating on getting him into school. Notice all the talking heads and writers who were drumming up anxiety about Ivisic have gone mostly quiet.

Those sources were also putting out a lot of bad info. That's why Blanton tweeted there was bad info out there and that UK was concentrating on getting him into school. Notice all the talking heads and writers who were drumming up anxiety about Ivisic have gone mostly quiet.
This was said last week (Wednesday) by Jack Pilgrim. IMO, If UK was requiring nothing else from him, he would be in. I believe that is where the stand still is. Of course, I could be way off...wouldn't be the first time.

Funny how the university isn't concerned with getting 'good info' out there so 'bad info' can be discredited. They just clam up and say nothing.

What the Hell, is he that damn dumb? Maybe we pull a D Rose and have someone else take the test.

What the Hell, is he that damn dumb? Maybe we pull a D Rose and have someone else take the test.
This is my thought....I don't think it's that he's not smart. I think other schools are chirping in his ear that he can get in to their university right now without anything else, so he's standing his ground with UK.

This is probably my own bias and me just ignoring reality...

BUT....

At this point, I think the longer this drags out with no news, maybe the better it actually is.

If he was going to bail and go to another school, I think he would have done it by now OR will do it extremely soon (this week?)

If we keep going with no news, I think that means he still sees a path to being here, and he still WANTS to be here.

So maybe the longer this drags out, the better news for us?

BUT....

At this point, I think the longer this drags out with no news, maybe the better it actually is.

If he was going to bail and go to another school, I think he would have done it by now OR will do it extremely soon (this week?)

If we keep going with no news, I think that means he still sees a path to being here, and he still WANTS to be here.

That’s how I feel about it. The fact that we aren’t hearing him announce he’s not coming is good

Partial semester classes? Why have we never known about these? I bet all the top players would prefer to take that route :)

The question is, if admitted in October, under the guise of partial semester classes, when could he start playing? My guess is 2nd semester. Thanks UK.

BUT....

Agreed. This feels like the UK big wigs came down on whoever muffed this up and basically said "fix this". And that's what's happening now. He would have already enrolled in another school by now if that wasn't the case. This is more of a matter of just getting it done than "IF" it will get done.

Funny how the university isn't concerned with getting 'good info' out there so 'bad info' can be discredited. They just clam up and say nothing.
i am sure you understand that because of federal laws they can not say much
just like with any recruit the schools and coaches are very limited on what can be said
so the bad info flows freely and the people that know a situation are not allowed to say much
the best advice is to sit back and see how it plays out and quit reading, listening to all the talking heads that know just enough to look foolish

Sometimes it seems like the local media down there are rooting against us. They learned from the best: Jerry Tipton

Reactions: drawing_dead
Partial semester classes? Why have we never known about these? I bet all the top players would prefer to take that route :)

The question is, if admitted in October, under the guise of partial semester classes, when could he start playing? My guess is 2nd semester. Thanks UK.
No, he would be a fully enrolled student and eligible to play on November 6th. Mid-semester classes aren't what you think. It just means the class happens more often to get 3 credits over a shorter period of time or he has to take a bunch of 1 or 2 credit classes to be considered a full-time student. It won't be easy to have an entire schedule of mid-semester classes.

What sources? Nearly every single thing you read here is wrong, extracted out of context, or completely fabricated. Basically you have to be a fool to believe anything except a direct quote from the involved parties. The player has said nothing publicly. The University has said they are working through some issues. Quite literally every single thing beyond that is just bullshit.

who has reported Z refuses to retake test. I was thinking that was the hold up.......Are we waiting on a waiver still?

i am sure you understand that because of federal laws they can not say much
just like with any recruit the schools and coaches are very limited on what can be said
so the bad info flows freely and the people that know a situation are not allowed to say much
the best advice is to sit back and see how it plays out and quit reading, listening to all the talking heads that know just enough to look foolish
Well stated.

Bet he takes the test again if Cal finds some more NIL money 😁

Nor should he wait. I'm looking at it from both sides.

His side: he needs to be playing, and if he can truly get into a us university then he should go to the first school that will accept him, if he wants to go to that school.

Our side: we don't need a player coming in sometime around October, and then going through months of Cal bullshit about why Z isn't playing. Because Cal will most definitely sacrifice the season's success in favor of getting a kid into the NBA, even if that means him sitting it out.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23

BUT....

You would think so but also I think how can this possibly take so long. I mean you have the face of the university(Calipari) and presumably some big money people on the university’s ass to get this done. I just can’t fathom this situation at all.

Reactions: Tampa_cat54
You would think so but also I think how can this possibly take so long. I mean you have the face of the university(Calipari) and presumably some big money people on the university’s ass to get this done. I just can’t fathom this situation at all.

I totally agree.

And the lack of news or rumors or ANYTHING coming out of this situation is bizarre.

My guess is that Capilouto made some calls and essentially told everyone to shut the f*ck up about this situation until it's resolved (one way or another).

He probably knows that the MBB staff leaked the issues, and I'm sure that made him pretty angry, so he's told the entire university to batten down the hatches and that there better not be another leak or rumor until it's resolved.

So I am guessing that's what the silence is all about in the meantime.

I totally agree.

And the lack of news or rumors or ANYTHING coming out of this situation is bizarre.

My guess is that Capilouto made some calls and essentially told everyone to shut the f*ck up about this situation until it's resolved (one way or another).

He probably knows that the MBB staff leaked the issues, and I'm sure that made him pretty angry, so he's told the entire university to batten down the hatches and that there better not be another leak or rumor until it's resolved.

So I am guessing that's what the silence is all about in the meantime.
Ah yes....great leadership practices non-transparency. I've lost some respect for Capilouto during this.

I mean, I know they aren't going to give us specific details, but a once a week, "Hey BBN, we know you are all excited for some info about Z. We are still working on getting him squared away. We will update soon!" But this, crickets BS does nothing to quell rumors or give any kind of confidence in the university. This has been a giant crapfest for UK's admissions no matter how this ends up.

Reactions: Mike-McD
He needs to go ahead and have someone take the test for him and get this ball rollin..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT