ADVERTISEMENT

Some scoop on Stoops

SlykkteeHMail

All-SEC
Gold Member
Aug 23, 2011
This weekend while attending a family reunion of a dear friend of my wife I fortunately ran into a young man that played for Arizona during part of Mark Stoops tenure there. Of course I began to ask him many questions about our head man and his exposure with him. He had glowing remarks, stating he was the best DB coach he has ever had and he foresees that UK defensive (especially DBs) WILL have a great future as Stoops is a heck of a defensive mind. He told me that he will definitely have to make his way to Lexington to see his old coach. At present he is still trying to 'stick' on an NFL roster, he stated the best team he has trained/played with thus far is Green Bay whom he is going back this year for try out again.
As you may have guess, we definitely started in about Cobb. Glowing remarks. He said Cobb is one of the quickest, shiftiest, "jitterbug" (his words) WR he ever faced (you will see why this significant later), & smartest. Talked about how cool & down to earth Rogers is, how humble they both where. He even told me a few thing about the Packers organization that I found very interesting.
But on to what is exceptional important to BBN, this gentleman was a 6'1" 175, 4.43, Rivals 2* FS coming out of high school! Now he has not made it a season on an NFL roster for a season, but he has been at NFL training and currently/recently played Arena League football. That is a pretty good darn come up for a 2*, IMO.
As I began to profile him it struck home that he is an example of the type of DBS signed last last year, not to mention the more heralded West, Edwards, Walker, & Tucker to name a few that may just leap onto the proverbial big stage this year.
Needless to say, I am stoked about this year and truly believe that this year UK is going to "surprise" not only SEC teams this year but us as fans. I have my blue-tinted shades polished and ready to adorn.
Thought I would share with my BBN family.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT