ADVERTISEMENT

So what's the timeline for success before the plug is pulled?

Serious question. What team are you actually a fan of?

2nd question - how old are you?

Did you know that Hurley came to UConn with a tourney record of 2-4 and had a losing season his first year there. And the second and third weren't much better. What if they gave him 3 years and fired him? Answer - they wouldn't have these last two championships.

How about taking a deep breath and waiting until about Jan 1, 2025 before you add your next complaint or slam to this board?
He is not a UK fan. I've never seen the guy in any of the game threads I've been in, or even discussing the Cats. His username suggests he is a football fan, and a Seminole fan. I'm betting he has money on NBA recruits, and follows Cal religiously :)

Reactions: bigbluedon
Calipari also was a proven winner before he even stepped foot in Lexington. Pope has not proven to be a winner anywhere. There's literally nothing to show for it. No conference tournament championships. No NCAA Tournament wins. No big time recruits. Nothing.
He coached at a school with plenty of restrictions. Looks like he did pretty well considering all the sanctions the school puts on the students. What about that don’t you understand? You gotta start somewhere and he surely isn’t losing. Go to the Arkansas board. It’s apparent you are not happy here.

Yeah, we’re just gonna casually gloss over that one. 😂 Sure it’s why we wanted the last guy gone and now hired a guy who has literally never won a tournament game but no biggie, he went to Uk 30 years ago. That’s what matters.
Go troll somewhere else, Florida State fan. You're fooling no one.

Reactions: crawfords corner
And this is why you cant get the so called "guy" to coach here. Dude hasn't even set foot on campus and you all are already talking about the negatives, when can we get rid of him etc.

Other than he hasn't won an NCAA tournament game, why can't he be successful here???

Offensive or defensive philosophies, recruiting, what is it???

I see a coach who plays the modern style, spacing, shoots the 3, lay ups, not much in the mid range. Looks like he develops guys. He won at Kansas last year , beat Baylor., beat San diego State, NC State, has been on the big stage. Have you even watched a minute of his teams play???

He loves UK, not the NBA, that what you all wanted. You wanted a more traditional roster, thats what he has/uses. You said about the other coaching candidates , when they won where they were it was OK, but just wait when they get UK resources, they will really win big, so why doesn't that apply to him???

I love the hire, I think he checks all the boxes minus the NCAA resume.....Loves UK, fun style, strong xs and Os(OB plays/sets etc) solid defensively, develops players and a functional roster and not the constant turnover, will put UK first and not the NBA(agents), will embrace the fans.
Too positive a post . 😜

Obviously you know I am very bothered by this hire. But I'd like to have it concrete about what expectations and timeline are before someone would acknowledge that it's a failure or a success?
Just email the athletic department. I’m sure they will tell you exactly how many games Pope needs to win next year, the year after, and the year after in order to keep his job.

Dumb question.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Shh. You've got to be a good little fan and believe everything is awesome all of the time and gaslight yourself and get mad at anyone who dares to use logic and reason.
We are using logic and reason. He will get some time to assemble a decent roster because we literally have not a single player. Then we will give him year 2 to see how it’s trending. Then year 3 will be the make it or break it year. Exactly how it should be.

Reactions: HeismaNole
He is not a UK fan. I've never seen the guy in any of the game threads I've been in, or even discussing the Cats. His username suggests he is a football fan, and a Seminole fan. I'm betting he has money on NBA recruits, and follows Cal religiously :)
Zzz dumb. My posting history is easily accessible as if my calling for Cal to be fired. Jesus. The immediate reaction to freak out the moment anyone questions the coach is insane. It’s like we spent all day yesterday talking about Scott Drew and not wanting him, and then people like you get mad at someone pointing out the major issue of hiring a guy with no success to point to.

Hope he turns out good but acting like this over someone questioning his credentials is ridiculous.

Oh, and my family was at the Reed Sheppard Experience last night. I don’t need to prove my fanhood to you though simply cause I don’t think Mark Pope is Phil Jackson as of now. 😂

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT