ADVERTISEMENT

So NCAA quits investigating NIL

I guess it’s do as you please now! NCAA is officially neutered!
Been that way for a while. They officially ceased to exist when they let UNC skate on their decades long academic scandal. I remember years ago the NCAA hammered Georgia basketball when Jim Harrick was HC for academic cheating and then turn around during the UNC scandal and said they don't tell schools how to run their academics. Their favoritism towards certain schools helped to bring them down.

Good riddance because UK was not one of their favorites.

Defenders will say "what players has UK missed out on by being strict & by the book on NIL"???

Reality based folks will say "we'll never know what 4 & 5 star HS recruits would have considered UK if we had good NIL to offer. Or star starters available in the portal. But the answer to both is definitely more than zero."

Been that way for a while. They officially ceased to exist when they let UNC skate on their decades long academic scandal. I remember years ago the NCAA hammered Georgia basketball when Jim Harrick was HC for academic cheating and then turn around during the UNC scandal and said they don't tell schools how to run their academics. Their favoritism towards certain schools helped to bring them down.

Thats because UGA admitted it. Thats the only way the NCAA can punish academic misdeeds once the kids are in a NCAA governed school. They didn't let UNC skate, UNC refused to take responsibility.

Mitch’s handling of NIL and NCAA will be known as his greatest mistake and define his legacy and tenure at UK. And that is really saying something considering the man hired Gillespie and Joker Phillips.

Reactions: Blueaz and JHB4UK
I guess it’s do as you please now! NCAA is officially neutered!

It’s been that way. UK was one of the few schools still dumb and naive enough to follow their rules all the way to the end. It set us back big time these last 2 years too.
Mitch’s handling of NIL and NCAA will be known as his greatest mistake and define his legacy and tenure at UK. And that is really saying something considering the man hired Gillespie and Joker Phillips.

People believe what they want to believe. But read factual material before posting here on sentiment. The NCAA has not stopped investigating NIL violations. It has paused temporarily to comply with a temporary injunction.

A source familiar with this matter recently told ESPN: "I would say there is a real UPTICK in NIL cases, portal issues. NIL money is being used as transfer bait.".

A TEMPORARY injunction has been issued by Judge Clifton Corker in the TN/VA/NCAA case. UT has little to lose because they are, in fact, currently under NCAA investigation AGAIN, for the second time in three years.

"The Attorneys General of TN and VA filed an antitrust lawsuit against the NCAA on Wednesday that challenged its ban against name, image, and likeness compensation in the recruitment of college athletes,and IN RESPONSE TO THE ASSOCIATION'S INVESTIGATION OF THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE. The lawsuit FILED IN THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF TN SEEKS TO UNDERCUT NCAA RULES against recruiting inducement."

bleacherreport.com/articles/10111357-ncaa-pauses-investigations-into-nil-violations-following-lawsuit-injunction[URL/]

My capitalizations are provided for emphasis of the suit's true motivation. This is the mask finally coming off at UT, one of the legendary college athletics cheat cultures of the south along with Auburn, LSU, FL St, Clemson, and UL. Temporary injunctions are often issued during the "discovery phase" of litigations, while evidence is gathered. Investigations will be paused and penalties will not be enforced while the temporary injunction is in place. Temporary injunctions do not necessarily tip the hand of the Court concerning how the case will be decided. Either way, the decision will likely be appealed. NIL was never intended as a recruiting inducement that schools thenselves could pay to players. NIL is supposed to be an endorsement contract between a player and a third party. In the meantime, a lot of schools (especially UT) are in trouble if the NCAA is allowed to enforce its rules. And let's not forget, the NCAA IS the schools. The schools founded the NCAA, and the schools run the NCAA. You can cry all you want about Mitch Barnhart, but Barnhart took a job at a University that was eligible for the NCAA's death penalty and has kept UK clean, safe, and free for 22 years. Much of the crying about Barnhart comes from people who are no longer allowed to give "$200 handshakes" to UK players, which really pisses them off evidently. And most of the rest is coming from trolls and lemmings who have nothing better to do and never even attended our state University in the first place. Surveys of members of UK's Alumni Association have shown that members strongly support Barnhart and want UK to play by the rules.

Here is a partial list of schools currently sanctioned in various sports by the NCAA-
Air Force
AL
Baylor
Boise St
FIU
FL St
GA Tech
OH St
TCU
TN
USF

Here is a partial list of schools under current invesigation for serious violations-

KS
LSU
MI
TN

Last edited:
Defenders will say "what players has UK missed out on by being strict & by the book on NIL"???

Reality based folks will say "we'll never know what 4 & 5 star HS recruits would have considered UK if we had good NIL to offer. Or star starters available in the portal. But the answer to both is definitely more than zero."
For whatever reason I’m not convinced we’ve been helped at all so far by NIL/portal. Yes, we’ve added some really important guys that we all know. But did we improve relative to the teams we have to play? Two 7-6 seasons would suggest we haven’t.

People believe what they want to believe. But read factual material before posting here on sentiment. The NCAA has not stopped investigating NIL violations. It has paused temporarily to comply with a temporary injunction.

A source familiar with this matter recently told ESPN: "I would say there is a real UPTICK in NIL cases, portal issues. NIL money is being used as transfer bait.".

A TEMPORARY injunction has been issued by Judge Clifton Corker in the TN/VA/NCAA case. UT has little to lose because they are, in fact, currently under NCAA investigation AGAIN, for the second time in three years.

"The Attorneys General of TN and VA filed an antitrust lawsuit against the NCAA on Wednesday that challenged its ban against name, image, and likeness compensation in the recruitment of college athletes,and IN RESPONSE TO THE ASSOCIATION'S INVESTIGATION OF THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE. The lawsuit FILED IN THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF TN SEEKS TO UNDERCUT NCAA RULES against recruiting inducement."

bleacherreport.com/articles/10111357-ncaa-pauses-investigations-into-nil-violations-following-lawsuit-injunction[URL/]

My capitalizations are provided for emphasis of the suit's true motivation. This is the mask finally coming off at UT, one of the legendary college athletics cheat cultures of the south along with Auburn, LSU, FL St, Clemson, and UL. Temporary injunctions are often issued during the "discovery phase" of litigations, while evidence is gathered. Investigations will be paused and penalties will not be enforced while the temporary injunction is in place. Temporary injunctions do not necessarily tip the hand of the Court concerning how the case will be decided. Either way, the decision will likely be appealed. NIL was never intended as a recruiting inducement that schools thenselves could pay to players. NIL is supposed to be an endorsement contract between a player and a third party. In the meantime, a lot of schools (especially UT) are in trouble if the NCAA is allowed to enforce its rules. And let's not forget, the NCAA IS the schools. The schools founded the NCAA, and the schools run the NCAA. You can cry all you want about Mitch Barnhart, but Barnhart took a job at a University that was eligible for the NCAA's death penalty and has kept UK clean, safe, and free for 22 years. Much of the crying about Barnhart comes from people who are no longer allowed to give "$200 handshakes" to UK players, which really pisses them off evidently. And most of the rest is coming from trolls and lemmings who have nothing better to do and never even attended our state University in the first place. Surveys of members of UK's Alumni Association have shown that members strongly support Barnhart and want UK to play by the rules.

Here is a partial list of schools currently sanctioned in various sports by the NCAA-
Air Force
AL
Baylor
Boise St
FIU
FL St
GA Tech
OH St
TCU
TN
USF

Here is a partial list of schools under current invesigation for serious violations-

KS
LSU
MI
TN
This is possible one of the best, straight to the facts, posts I’ve ever read on this board in 15-20 years. Bravo.

The big question now is will the NCAA be allowed to enforce their own rules? I for one, desperately hope so and give UT the SMU death penalty.

Reactions: satcheluk
For whatever reason I’m not convinced we’ve been helped at all so far by NIL/portal. Yes, we’ve added some really important guys that we all know. But did we improve relative to the teams we have to play? Two 7-6 seasons would suggest we haven’t.
I don't think 7-6 as an isolated issue proves or disproves that recruiting and transfers have gone well or not for Stoops. Too many other variables there. I am inclined to believe Stoops actually does pretty well as a recruiter. We are fortunate to get good classes with the small core recruiting territory. But we play in a very difficult conference. The competition is crazy. And, to your point, any discussion of improvement is relative to other SEC teams that are also improving.

Reactions: satcheluk and gojvc
This is possible one of the best, straight to the facts, posts I’ve ever read on this board in 15-20 years. Bravo.

Very gracious of you to say so, and I appreciate it. Don't be surprised if the resident mob of character assassins here comes after you. But few people understand these matters on a factual level. The NCAA has an extensive committee system, but none of those committees is tasked with public relations. That alone makes the NCAA unique among organizations with which I am familiar. Another thing that makes the NCAA awkward and unusual is that its investigation and enforcement functions often seem to put the organization in conflict with its own members.

The big question now is will the NCAA be allowed to enforce their own rules? I for one, desperately hope so and give UT the SMU death penalty.

TN was recently sanctioned because of violations committed by Jeremy Pruitt and Phil Fulmer. Prior to that, Bruce Pearl got into trouble at TN. But TN has gotten away with more cheating than most schools ever imagine. Now TN is in trouble again.

You asked whether the NCAA will be allowed to enforce its own rules. It's still early, but the new NCAA President, Charlie Baker, seems like a confused wimp to me. If the NCAA had strong leadership that believed in enforcing a level playing field, the chance of the organization prevailing in defending a rational system of rules would be greater. But Emmert was a weak President and Baker initially looks even worse. No telling who had the most gravitas in Baker's hiring, but there are many contemporary political actors who believe in every conceivable form of wealth redistribution, even if it means blowing up everything that has worked well in an orderly society with an extraordinary variety of time tested pathways to self-improvement and prosperity. I am not optimistic about rational enforcement because the TV networks are now running the NCAA in essence through their the influence of enormous broadcast revenue. As long as viewer ratings are high, the networks will keep forking over more money. Any fans who are okay with abuse of NCAA rules (including perversion of NIL) simply do not understand where this is ultimately leading. Many of our fans complain about our coaches while also supporting a path to an unlevel playing recruiting scenario that makes our coaches' jobs almost impossible.

Knoxville is ***NOT*** the only program currently undergoing serious NIL investigations, they are just the public face. Florida State recently accepted punishment (quite stupidly, obviously) for NIL recruiting abuses. Florida is being ( or I guess not anymore) over NIL with Jaden Rashada last class.

Per Andy Staples, CFB reporter who I trust to be truthful and bit push an agenda - Knoxville was but 1 of several power programs being investigated by the NCAA over NIL. Yes, some programs bigger and more successful than Knoxville were being examined- the names just haven't come out yet. Maybe never will now.

Make no mistake about it, the NCAA will lose this case. As they have every case limiting kids freedoms arbitrarily for no logical or legal reason in front of judges for the last 5 yrs. And no appeal will save their ass, esp to a Supreme Court who ragdolled them 9-0 last chance.

"And let's not forget, the NCAA IS the schools. The schools founded the NCAA, and the schools run the NCAA."

Yeah, that's kind of the root of many problem. Only 30 or 40 schools want to be unhindered to play sports, specifically football, the way they deem at the highest level. But they only have 1 vote each. There are 363 D1 NCAA schools. Currently 134 D1 football programs. Kind of an out voted situation ain't it? Bear Bryant said many years ago that Akron shouldn't be telling Alabama how to football.

We’re the same as we were generally. Although the 10 win 2021 season was no doubt due to Levis and Wandale showing up

Lol at anyone who is naive enough to actually think ANY court in America will rule against these players getting paid at ANY level for ANY reason and allow the NCAA to enforce their arbitrary rules that limit players receiving what someone thinks they are worth.

What world are you living in???

And in case you haven't been paying attention lately, the SEC and the Big 10 have put the NCAA on notice that they will no longer allow "Akron" to tell them what they can and can't do with their football programs and the money they take in.

Last edited:
Reactions: BluegrassSportsNet
Lots of interesting comments and opinions here on this subject. Only thing I am sure of is no organization can function without some kind of enforceable rules for it's members.
The NCAA has taken so many beatings in the courts in recent years I don't know how it can keep functioning. Whatever comes next, i think college presidents will have to play a big part and when rules and punishments are decided the punishments will have to be severe enough for teams to not want to cross the line. Of course the AU's and UT's will attempt to cross, ban their entire athletic programs for a year, 2 for 2nd offense and see how long it takes the rogue programs to get their over zealous boosters in line.

Thats because UGA admitted it. Thats the only way the NCAA can punish academic misdeeds once the kids are in a NCAA governed school. They didn't let UNC skate, UNC refused to take responsibility.
Yet they can punish Derrick Rose and Memphis because a friend of Rose ( Who was kicked out of his possee because Rose caught him stealing from him ) said he copied off the guy beside him during his ACTs . That was their only proof.

Harrick was a close personal friend of UGA's president at the time because they worked at the same stops together over their careers. He wasn't the coach anyone wanted because of his past, but Adams push him through. There wasn't much he wasn't guilty of doing from the classes his son taught, to being accused of having others to take test for kids who weren't apt to pass to bringing anyone who he thought could help win a game regardless of his history. When it all came out, UGA took the penalties, told they new coach that winning wasn't important and to not break any rules, not to talk to AAU coaches and to not make deals with shoe companies, and here we are. Some people care about BB, but clearly trying to win isn't to the ones that matter. Coaches are told to run an ultra clean program, do not do anything that would cause an investigation.

Lol at anyone who is naive enough to actually think ANY court in America will rule against these players getting paid at ANY level for ANY reason and allow the NCAA to enforce their arbitrary rules that limit players receiving what someone thinks they are worth.

What world are you living in???

And in case you haven't been paying attention lately, the SEC and the Big 10 have put the NCAA on notice that they will no longer allow "Akron" to tell them what they can and can't do with their football programs and the money they take in.
Attorneys who have filed these litigations against the NCAA always do so in districts likely to be friendly to the goals of their litigations. That is their job. On that basis you are partially right. These attorneys can find districts like California where they are likely to be successful. Filing a case in an eastern TN ("God's country") district on behalf of UT is another example of an opportunistic filing. But then you said "ANY court" will rule for the players, and you dismiss "anyone who is naive enough" to disagree with you. (What world are they living in?") That is your default posting style. You typically stereotype posters with other points of view. But your theory (and that's what it is) has not actually been tested. There may actually be districts that would be disposed to side with the enforcement concept. I suspect there are, because morality activism and social politics have always exhibited cyclical characteristics over time. Whenever the country kurches too far to the left, someone with a compelling voice like Ronald Reagan or Dwight Eisenhower comes along and leads a countercyclical social movement because millions of Americans are not liberals. History has taught us that social politics do not move in straight lines over time. Believe what you want. That's what most people do.

Last edited:
Yet they can punish Derrick Rose and Memphis because a friend of Rose ( Who was kicked out of his possee because Rose caught him stealing from him ) said he copied off the guy beside him during his ACTs . That was their only proof.
Let's not forget the "Sean Sutton took Eric Manuel's ACT" charge or the package sent to Chris Mills father "accidently broke open" charge.

The TN Cheetas have spent or are spending unprecedented millions on lawyers to protect their "interests." What have they done or what are they doing to require such? The biggest thing is they have and are funneling SEC money to boosters who in turn shoot it back as NIL funds. This slush fund is buying players in numerous sports at an amazing rate. This very week the TN Mafia, AKA the TN Sports Media, carried stories where they were absolutely giddy as the dibbyed up NIL money. How long will other schools allow this to go on?

Lots of interesting comments and opinions here on this subject. Only thing I am sure of is no organization can function without some kind of enforceable rules for it's members.
The NCAA has taken so many beatings in the courts in recent years I don't know how it can keep functioning. Whatever comes next, i think college presidents will have to play a big part and when rules and punishments are decided the punishments will have to be severe enough for teams to not want to cross the line. Of course the AU's and UT's will attempt to cross, ban their entire athletic programs for a year, 2 for 2nd offense and see how long it takes the rogue programs to get their over zealous boosters in line.
I largely agree. But the NCAA was founded by the member schools. Now, some of the member schools (UT, naturally) are behaving as activists through the courts to overthrow the system of rules and enforcement that were set up in the first place to safeguard competition and amateurism. Their rhetoric is couched to ride the coattails of contemporary redistributionist doctrine, but their true motivation is opportunistic (as always). Schools like UT have always been leaders in the logistics of cheating, and they are using activist courts to adapt their cheating motivations to new political realities of the day. Clever, if you look at it that way.

To your point, Grumpy, factors that could save the NCAA would be strong, shrewd leadership, more effective PR, more effective lobbyists, and a more skillful legal department. If the top conferences would advocate such an approach, they certainly have the resources to go down that road. But the SEC and B10 are literally swimming in TV money and focused entirely on expansion and TV contracts right now. And Charlie Baker is a confused wimp. So the leadership component is not currently there. If it happens, it will begin reactively. There would have to be some kind of crisis, and it would probably come from a threat to the NCAA's nearly unlimited revenue. Perhaps a successful competitor or something like that. Right now, I am not optimistic. But things change. They always do.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Orange_N_White
Let's not forget the "Sean Sutton took Eric Manuel's ACT" charge or the package sent to Chris Mills father "accidently broke open" charge.

The TN Cheetas have spent or are spending unprecedented millions on lawyers to protect their "interests." What have they done or what are they doing to require such? The biggest thing is they have and are funneling SEC money to boosters who in turn shoot it back as NIL funds. This slush fund is buying players in numerous sports at an amazing rate. This very week the TN Mafia, AKA the TN Sports Media, carried stories where they were absolutely giddy as the dibbyed up NIL money. How long will other schools allow this to go on?

Very interesting comment.

I largely agree. But the NCAA was founded by the member schools. Now, some of the member schools (UT, naturally) are behaving as activists through the courts to overthrow the system of rules and enforcement that were set up in the first place to safeguard competition and amateurism. Their rhetoric is couched to ride the coattails of contemporary redistributionist doctrine, but their true motivation is opportunistic (as always). Schools like UT have always been leaders in the logistics of cheating, and they are using activist courts to adapt their cheating motivations to new political realities of the day. Clever, if you look at it that way.

To your point, Grumpy, factors that could save the NCAA would be strong, shrewd leadership, more effective PR, more effective lobbyists, and a more skillful legal department. If the top conferences would advocate such an approach, they certainly have the resources to go down that road. But the SEC and B10 are literally swimming in TV money and focused entirely on expansion and TV contracts right now. And Charlie Baker is a confused wimp. So the leadership component is not currently there. If it happens, it will begin reactively. There would have to be some kind of crisis, and it would probably come from a threat to the NCAA's nearly unlimited revenue. Perhaps a successful competitor or

something like that. Right now, I am not optimistic. But things change. They always do.

I am not sure if you have read what I think will happen in the future. But a summery is I think the big are going to break away from the NCAA and form a new organization modeled after NCAA and governed by school presidents around 60-65 teams modeled after the NFL with. I also believe a few members of the Big 2 could get left out and quite a few of the other 2 conferences., but also s few of the group could be added, like Tulane, the remaining 2 of the Pac12, ND. IF ND insist on remaining independent, enjoy playing Samford and South Alabama.

When FSU hits the courts to leave the ACC, I think that sets all of this in motion. Just keep in mind I am not saying this is absolutely going to happen, just my opinion. But I do think we need a new organization, now it's almost like judges see NCAA and just rule against it.

I am not sure if you have read what I think will happen in the future. But a summery is I think the big are going to break away from the NCAA and form a new organization modeled after NCAA and governed by school presidents around 60-65 teams modeled after the NFL with. I also believe a few members of the Big 2 could get left out and quite a few of the other 2 conferences., but also s few of the group could be added, like Tulane, the remaining 2 of the Pac12, ND. IF ND insist on remaining independent, enjoy playing Samford and South Alabama.

When FSU hits the courts to leave the ACC, I think that sets all of this in motion. Just keep in mind I am not saying this is absolutely going to happen, just my opinion. But I do think we need a new organization, now it's almost like judges see NCAA and just rule against it.

You might be right. I can't really say. But the NCAA IS the member schools. The member schools founded the NCAA. The only way their prime directive (protection of competition according to the traditional definition) gets maintained is if the member schools work together according to the NCAA charter. Now, a small group of disruptors (a handful of schools like UT that have made an art form out of cheating) is burning big resources on attorney fees to try to validate their former behavior, rather than complying. Maybe UT succeeds. Maybe not. I understand why some people are convinced that the NCAA will fall. Right now, TV money and liberal politics are driving everything, and Charlie Baker is the dog being wagged by the tail.

Personally, I don't believe there are enough data points yet to know what will eventually happen. But I understand why others are resigned, frustrated, cynical, or even confused about it.

If I was Greg Sankey, would I try to break away from the NCAA? Probably not. All other things being equal, there is strength in numbers. By remaining shrewd and proactive, the SEC can largely control the NCAA. But Charlie Baker looks very weak and foolish to me, so anything could happen on that basis.

• Haha
Reactions: Orange_N_White
Two 7-6 seasons would suggest we haven’t.
We brought Levis, Rosenthal, Jaquez Jones and Wan Dale, all involving NIL in 2021.

It is difficult to see a 10 win season without those players.

So you must average two 7-6 seasons with a 10-3 season.

Reactions: gojvc

Air Force
AL
Baylor
Boise St
FIU
FL St
GA Tech
OH St
TCU
TN
USF

KS
LSU
MI
TN
If you think the NCAA has a prayer of sticking around, I got some oceanfront property in Lexington to sell you. It was a bad bet then and it’s a bad bet now. All you have to do is look at Tennessee, Michigan, Kansas, and others and realize there is NO PENALTY for cheating. You act like cleaning up the program is this huge accomplishment when most fans don’t care about that. Winning is the only factor!

Because we have adapted to the rules as poorly as any program out there. The beauty of this era is tradition means way less than it used to. It’s all about who pays the most. We’ve seen Ole Miss and Missouri right in our own league take advantage of this. We just aren’t. And it should frustrate any Kentucky fan.

Reactions: Blueaz

Zero chance.

Possible chance TN has thumbed their nose 1 to many times at the NCAA. And they will use every resource they have to throw whatever book they can at them. Or continue to let TN smack them around - which seems more likely.

Possible chance TN has thumbed their nose 1 to many times at the NCAA. And they will use every resource they have to throw whatever book they can at them. Or continue to let TN smack them around - which seems more likely.
NCAA has zero sway on anything anymore. Wishful thinking. All Kentucky fans would like to see Tennessee get hammered, zero chance. Kentucky and Barnhart chose the wrong side here and it will define his legacy. It’ll be right there with what if bear hadn’t left. The beauty of this era is tradition doesn’t matter near as much as what it used to. Rule following doesn’t matter at all. It’s about who pays the most. We weren’t agressive enough.

They don't have time to bother with NIL when there are recruits getting their hotel rooms decorated on their official visit.

You know, that's one thing I agree with regarding NIL...those hotel decorations are clearly over the line and will make any recruit confused on whether they are an amateur athlete or not.

It's similar to part of FSU's violations. One of the things they were "punished" for was a coach gave a recruit a ride to a function while on either an unofficial or official visit. The crazy thing is the function he was attending was an allowed part of the visit, but the violation was the coach gave him a ride to it from stadium/coaches' office where the recruit was prior to the function.

Those 2 things are obviously major concerns that jeopardize the amateurism of the sport.

You know, that's one thing I agree with regarding NIL...those hotel decorations are clearly over the line and will make any recruit confused on whether they are an amateur athlete or not.

It's similar to part of FSU's violations. One of the things they were "punished" for was a coach gave a recruit a ride to a function while on either an unofficial or official visit. The crazy thing is the function he was attending was an allowed part of the visit, but the violation was the coach gave him a ride to it from stadium/coaches' office where the recruit was prior to the function.

Those 2 things are obviously major concerns that jeopardize the amateurism of the sport.
They have to prioritize the important stuff I guess.

They have to prioritize the important stuff I guess.
So the NCAA as of a week or two ago is NOT ALLOWED to enforce anything regarding NIL BY LAW. It’s been that way with the portal for a few months now. Which is why unlimited transfers are now allowed. THEY CAN’T DO ANYTHING. Irrelevant non factor at this point with zero chance of surving.

So the NCAA as of a week or two ago is NOT ALLOWED to enforce anything regarding NIL BY LAW. It’s been that way with the portal for a few months now. Which is why unlimited transfers are now allowed. THEY CAN’T DO ANYTHING. Irrelevant non factor at this point with zero chance of surving.
Obviously untrue. The current situation is a temporary restraining order. The NCAA was founded in 1906 by the member schools. It will have to keep changing with the times. Sometimes it will be proactive. More often, it will be reactive. Sometimes it may appear obsolete, like all organizations do at one time or another (see teachers unions, March of Dimes, both major political parties, NATO). The NCAA will evolve, but it will survive because the member schools will not agree on a more practical model.

Obviously untrue. The current situation is a temporary restraining order. The NCAA was founded in 1906 by the member schools. It will have to keep changing with the times. Sometimes it will be proactive. More often, it will be reactive. Sometimes it may appear obsolete, like all organizations do at one time or another (see teachers unions, March of Dimes, both major political parties, NATO). The NCAA will evolve, but it will survive because the member schools will not agree on a more practical model.
lol as delusional as Mitch. Zero shot NCAA survives. Kentucky will look stupid for following their rules all this time while most others in our league are not. Hopefully I’m wrong, because Kentucky has certainly put all their chips into the idea of the NCAA surviving. Just seems beyond silly for a program without the historical advantages to be this conservative and scared to take any sort of chance or break any sort of rule. Rule following is more of a priority than winning for Mitch.

Sigh.....3 years late, according to the news UK rolling out a brand new NIL organization. This time Mitch Barnhart approved and endorsed!!

Three years behind our competitors. Just such sub standard leadership on this important issue.

Reactions: BluegrassSportsNet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT