ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Hits FSU on NIL Abuse

Deeeefense

Aug 22, 2001
Chattanooga
They are pissed at UGA because Kirby turned c t hem in for tampering. The play was our starting RT. The FSU beat writers said they had been working him since he signed and announced he was transferring, only he took his name out of portal. I believe the beatdow in bowl game was a message to leave our roster alone. Yes I know they had players missing, so did UGA.

Last night FSU fans were laughing when other coaches were mentioned for the job. Well they not laughing tonight, they are sweating blood afraid the Washington coach says no. I believe Norvell is out the door if Bama offers.

The NCAA has announced multiple punishments against Florida State as a result of an NIL-related rules violation. The penalties are against one of the school’s NIL collectives, Rising Spear, and an unnamed assistant — which On3’s Pete Nakos confirmed is offensive coordinator Alex Atkins.

About time the NCAA woke up and starting enforcing their own rules.
But, i dont see any “real” penalties, except to one coach …

They are pissed at UGA because Kirby turned c t hem in for tampering. The play was our starting RT. The FSU beat writers said they had been working him since he signed and announced he was transferring, only he took his name out of portal. I believe the beatdow in bowl game was a message to leave our roster alone. Yes I know they had players missing, so did UGA.

Last night FSU fans were laughing when other coaches were mentioned for the job. Well they not laughing tonight, they are sweating blood afraid the Washington coach says no. I believe Norvell is out the door if Bama offers.
UGA in the headlines again today for drinking and driving.

I wonder if FSU trying to leave the acc is causing the ncaa to be a little nitpicky? ESPN and sponsors have tons of money on the line...

It's probably in NCAA's best interest that the ACC remains a viable conference, and it was a negotiated deal. I think they got off light, they been tampering with our roster for several years, even pre portal. How stupid can you be, coach driving him to meet the booster buying him. Call an Uber. The parents didn't like the staff at FSU and he came back.

The NCAA has announced multiple punishments against Florida State as a result of an NIL-related rules violation. The penalties are against one of the school’s NIL collectives, Rising Spear, and an unnamed assistant — which On3’s Pete Nakos confirmed is offensive coordinator Alex Atkins.

Anyone think this was brought on bc of FSU suing the ACC? Retribution of sorts?

Anyone think this was brought on bc of FSU suing the ACC? Retribution of sorts?

No, because they are hitting multiple roster for players not in the portal. They have been the worst about tampering. NCAA doesn't care what conference they are in. I hope Kirby is the one who turned them in, just like I hope CMS would if they were tampering with UK's roster.

Reactions: BigTyrone
I wonder if FSU trying to leave the acc is causing the ncaa to be a little nitpicky? ESPN and sponsors have tons of money on the line...
No.

The investigation started over a year ago, well before FSU filed their lawsuit. The penalties were also the result of a negotiation between FSU and the NCAA, after FSU basically pled guilty to the alleged violations.

Like most things in life, there’s no conspiracy here. FSU got caught, admitted to it (with the exception of FSU’s OC), cooperated with the NCAA, agreed to the penalties, and then the penalties were announced following the usual drawn out timelines associated with NCAA decisions.

Reactions: Deeeefense
Someone has to bite the bullet and report them, if not NCAA has no was of knowing.
That’s exactly right.

FSU’s certainly not the only school doing this, but for the NCAA to do anything about it, they need people willing to cooperate with them. And by cooperate, it can’t simply be throwing out an allegation, they need someone willing to provide evidence (either documentation or testimony) that substantiates the allegations.

What strike me as ironic or funny or whatever is the speed in which they investigated and levied a penalty. Why does the NCAA make some schools literally wait years to wade through the process before leveling penalties vs. this wham bam thank you ma'am.

Reactions: Lost In FL
This is a complete joke nobody around fsu even cares it's just funny that in a time when no rules were applied yet they find fault at fsu. Also how about the ncaa go check in on Michigan literally cheating and being caught instead of a coach driving a player lol.

This is a complete joke nobody around fsu even cares it's just funny that in a time when no rules were applied yet they find fault at fsu. Also how about the ncaa go check in on Michigan literally cheating and being caught instead of a coach driving a player lol.

It's more than driving around by coaches. FSU has been tampering with UGA's roster since Willie was there. Mims was the last straw, glad he turned FSU in.

Reactions: The-Hack
Something about the nail that sticks up the farthest.

The really ironic part of this is that the NCAA are just hastening their own demise. When other programs see FSU getting gigged for the things that everyone does they start to get nervous and think about the greener pastures of a collective.

Hilarious.

If yall think they weren't keeping their mouth shut on NIL until now for this very reason, you weren't thinking clearly. They've been waiting for this money grab/extortion racket to pay off.

It will be the last big payday for the association before it shuts down for good and the big confefence membership walks away to form their own new association.

L O L

No way. Florida State is the ONLY school out there using NIL guarantees to attract players. Everybody can see that.

• Haha
Reactions: Rockford
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT