ADVERTISEMENT

So is Quinton Baker out of the question?

So in a sense your saying that he may not have been good enough to play at UK to begin with, but since his father played here its ok to offer him a full ride anyway?

I'm sorry if I sound like a donkey, but the kid is great already and has a ton of potential if he keeps putting on weight, which I believe he will. To say he isn't sec caliber just because we lost interest in him is absurd though.

He finished 3rd overall in scoring results at the Nike "the opening" combine. Imagine he's capable of playing sec ball.

Now I have to ask. Is English your second or third language?

When I say I do not know whether Baker has SEC talent, I meant just that.

As I mentioned, if the staff offered him on potential, because his dad played for UK, I am okay with that. See, I disagree about Drak Davis. The kid was fast and did not succeed as a RB, but he was beast on STs. Baker has real speed. If he was not successful at RB, I think he could have been a solid ST player. As a legacy, I understand the offer, knowing speed should be ablet of finda place on the team. In other words, if that was the choice of the staff, I trust that choice.

If Brown thought he could be a star RB and the staff breathed a sigh of relief when Baker reopened his recruitment after Brown left, I am okay with that.

To date, he has not seen the offers that other RBs have. And, I wish him no ill-will. If he goes to UT or Bama, I will wish him well and not regret a thing. He knew how things went last year. I have to think that any kid who decommits this year should be cut loose. Why should the staff fawn over him when Snell and others want to be here?

Baker was offered by UK.
Baker committed to UK.
Baker decommitted from UK.
UK moved on.
I can't see why others can't do the same.

I've seen Baker play and he's a nice player but if he played down South he'd be just another fast guy.

Al married a girl from the Ashland area is how he ended up in Ashland.

He finished 3rd overall in scoring results at the Nike "the opening" combine. Imagine he's capable of playing sec ball.
Where are you seeing this? At his last camp in Cleveland he was ranked 11th overall on offense. That's according to his Rivals profile.

And I would be dollars to doughnuts that he doesn't end up at UT or any school of that caliber

Where are you seeing this? At his last camp in Cleveland he was ranked 11th overall on offense. That's according to his Rivals profile.

And I would be dollars to doughnuts that he doesn't end up at UT or any school of that caliber

Not sure UT will have enough arrests to open a spot for him, they seem to be averaging 1-2/month. Baker will end up at Marshall.

Revisit Baker as he plays in his bowl game. He rushed 97 times for 533 yards and 4 TDs this year as a frosh. Great stats!

Congrats to this talented young man. But, would anyone trade Snell? Time will tell how Rose develops. Seems like everyone made out all right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT