ADVERTISEMENT

Cal get 7K to Attend His Press Conference; Pope Has to turn 5K away

AGEE11

Junior
Jan 10, 2014
But everyone keep telling us how Cal is bigger than UK, please go on....

Yesterday was one of the most amazing things I have seen in 44 years for UK.

Pope was a mocked and unwanted hire, including yours truly. But BBN has come together around our coach and yesterday was the launching pad.

So glad my family and I got to go and made it in.

Side note, major shame to UK and Rupp for not being prepared. They opened the doors we were in and just allowed everyone to rush in. We were in line for 2 hours and it had snaked several times. All the people behind us just ran to the door and forced their way in. Was ashamed and a big group of BBN for this. Entitlement and me first is so prevalent nowadays.

Wife and I were in line for 1 and half hours. Enjoyed talking with other fans. When we were walking towards rear of line, Pope jumped out of a vehicle and celebrated with us. Later when fans in line behind us rushed ahead and entered ahead of us, it didn’t bother me because I was so happy so many Kentuckians were there to support the program. Great day.

The people saying that didn't know Kentucky before Calipari. Cousins must have thought everyone showed up to Big Blue Madness in 2010 because of him and Wall. I love Cousins but he clearly didn't know what UK basketball was before he showed up.

The people saying that didn't know Kentucky before Calipari. Cousins must have thought everyone showed up to Big Blue Madness in 2010 because of him and Wall. I love Cousins but he clearly didn't know what UK basketball was before he showed up.
I don't expect out-pf-state kids to have that level of knowledge. I did however, expect the staff to help teach them who they were playing for.

Glad that won't be an issue anymore

Cal going to Arkansas is like when your grade school girlfriend got mad at you and started “going out” with the other boy in class that you don’t like. Deep down..she doesn’t want him at all.

I agree, yesterday was amazing. For me, the most amazing thing I have ever seen there. I have attended every national championship ceremony since 96. I have never felt that kind of energy. However, I am not sure there were 5000 people turned away. Does anyone know anyone that was turned away?

Pope was a mocked and unwanted hire, including yours truly. But BBN has come together around our coach and yesterday was the launching pad.

Side note, major shame to UK and Rupp for not being prepared. They opened the doors we were in and just allowed everyone to rush in. We were in line for 2 hours and it had snaked several times. All the people behind us just ran to the door and forced their way in. Was ashamed and a big group of BBN for this. Entitlement and me first is so prevalent nowadays.
It's crazy Rupp was sold out and turned people away and I recorded every sport show yesterday and today. Some of the idiots quoted 6-8k, 12k and almost 15k. Where do these idiots get their facts?

When you have players who complain that Rupp the foundation of the program is a racist, and that the program should change the name of the arena, obviously you’re not teaching your players the history of the program. Cal is a car salesman, he could care less if he bankrupts the company as long as he is known as the greatest and most successful car salesman in the world.

Better to be pleasantly unprepared by the big showup than to be greatly disappointed by the lack of people showing up.

Just win, baby !!! Crowd was great, now go get players !!! Good luck, CMP !!! GO CATS !!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT