ADVERTISEMENT

SNL ???

I have my DVR set to record it since I’m older’n dirt and don’t stay up til 1am. So I watch the recording some time during the week.

Weekend Update is still pretty good. Beyond that, most weeks there might be one skit that’s funny/entertaining. The rest are awful. Of course it’s been that way for 50 years.

Can’t recall the last time the musical guest actually played music. 90% of them are gawdawful. Usually some no-talent person in a bizarre costume, with weird lighting and a dozen dancers to try to distract you from how terrible the act is. But since I have it recorded it’s easy enough to hit fast forward and blow past it.

4/10. Would not recommend.

I have it on my DVR and typically watch Sunday mornings before everyone else gets up. The majority of it is not funny but there are some good ones scattered in there. The Beavis and Butthead one last week was good. Weekend Updates are typically good. Music typically sucks. Its 1.5hr show...I am normally done with it in 20 minutes after skipping through the bad skits.

Reactions: GeraldV
Is the show shorter now than it used to be?

I dont watch it live ever, there's no reason to..they put the sketches on their YouTube channel.

I'd say they get more viewers that way anyway. With people able to put content out immediately snl I'd kind of a dying medium bc if something happens on a Monday everyone had already coveted it by the time they get to it current events wise.

I watch clips on YouTube but don't watch the show live. Liked the one awhile back they did mocking Limu Emu & Doug from the Liberty Mutual commercials.

They need to find their next great era of casting.. until then, I can't waste time tuning in for 1 funny sketch for every 10. If they are good, they will make their way around social media.

Reactions: warrior-cat
I dont know how people watch it. By far the worst comedy show on TV.

It was ok in the 90's, but today its awkward with people trying to make jokes that really aren't funny.

Reactions: warrior-cat
Usually one good sketch a week and then a bunch of filler useless shit. Depends on the host. Good host… maybe 2 decent skits.

Weekend Update usually has a couple good jokes.

The cold opens are usually decent. Weekend Update is pretty good. Other than that, not so much. Musical acts are horrible to me, but that could just be me being old.

I think the show peaked in the mid-90s and has slowly gone downhill since.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT