ADVERTISEMENT

Since it was mentioned in game tonight, lets have a look....

One hell of a dunk and he was a great college player it was a shame it could not control his habits I think he would have been a good pro player. I loved watching that team play.
Remember him playing for uk but nothing afterward.
Why didn't he play professionally?

One hell of a dunk and he was a great college player it was a shame it could not control his habits I think he would have been a good pro player. I loved watching that team play.
Dirk Minniefield was a great passer too and really made a positive impression on Larry Bird and the Celtics and their fans when he had some good games when he was a Boston Celtic in the late 1980s.

Reactions: jwphelps and catben
I’m to young for that dunk. The best dunk I’ve ever seen was the WCS dunk on that guy from Cincinnati in the NCAA tourney

Dirk played 87 games in the NBA for Cleveland, 63 games for Houston, 61 for Boston, and 11 for Golden State, including some playoff games for Houston and Boston.

Houston (where Dirk played in 1987) was the NBA champion in 1986 and Boston (where Dirk played in 1988) was runner-up in 1986 and 1987. He really opened the eyes of Larry Bird and others by how he played in Boston before things fell apart for him.

Dirk played 87 games in the NBA for Cleveland, 63 games for Houston, 61 for Boston, and 11 for Golden State, including some playoff games for Houston and Boston.

Houston (where Dirk played in 1987) was the NBA champion in 1986 and Boston (where Dirk played in 1988) was runner-up in 1986 and 1987. He really opened the eyes of Larry Bird and others by how he played in Boston before things fell apart for him.
You need a history lesson. Houston was defeated by the Celtics.

emot-munch.gif

Dirk-Minniefield-Dunk.gif

Too bad they didn’t have 10 camera angles back then. There’s not an angle that does it justice.
I'd love to see that end zone camera at the start of the clip following the play from ground level. Would have really showed off that dunk even more.

Sheppard had 2 of my favorite plays. One he dunked on an IU player from outside of the freethrow lane by the baseline.

The other was a miss but he jumped from just inside the freethrow line and tried to dunk on Antonio McDyess. It barely missed but he was fouled. Wish I could see that one again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT