ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP, but best I've seen on Pope's Offense

Dec 12, 2023
Mostly a 5 out offense and will likely look a lot like what Oates is doing at Bama but with several variations and adjustments based on recognizing what the defense does to counter as well as rebounding the ball, particularly on nights where shots aren't falling as well as we want. Rebounding is a weak area of the 5 Out, obviously. Good shooters and passers with vision, and yeah, gotta have bigs with good hands, ready to catch the ball. It's gonna be fun! Curious how Pope will strategize against Oates while the two run very similar offense but as of now, gotta say Oats is ahead in terms of talent. Should be interesting when they match up.
Ya'll check this out and click the links to the different variations. Guy does a good job of breaking it all down, IMO.

That doesn't mean he'll run it the same way this year. I feel like he's still growing and evolving as a coach and also that he will tailor his offense to his personnel and even the opponent to a degree,

That doesn't mean he'll run it the same way this year. I feel like he's still growing and evolving as a coach and also that he will tailor his offense to his personnel and even the opponent to a degree,
Right, but ya gotta watch and check the variations. I just posted it so no way you've watched it unless you've seen the same before now. I fully expect him to adjust to his personnel. This dives pretty deep into what those adjustments will likely look.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT