ADVERTISEMENT

Should the US Government Release ALL info about UAP’s?

I for one would not be excited to learn our government(s) had lied to us for years and that we weren’t the most advanced beings in our planet. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say neither of those things would be good developments.
Hence, an excuse for non-disclosure.

One that I suspect has been used by some to keep it under wraps.

However, in validating a scientific theory the evidence must be scientific evidence; able to hold up to scrutiny and reproducibility.
You nailed it!

I can take a drop of water from my pond, magnify it and see paramecium. I can call my Russian buddy in Moscow, and he can reproduce my actions/observations.

But pounding on scientific “reproducibility” when discussing non-human intelligence produces a paradox: how does one “reproduce” the actions of another advanced, sentient being? The very subject is one incapable of reproduction. It would be akin to insisting that invisibility cannot be believed until actually seen.

We had no scientifically reproducible evidence of the existence of giant squid until the 1990’s, but knew (and accepted) their existence based upon cumulative circumstantial evidence.

Yeah I am a skeptic. We are hamsters compared to a being capable of interstellar travel. Hamsters don’t need NDAs.

But pounding on scientific “reproducibility” when discussing non-human intelligence produces a paradox: how does one “reproduce” the actions of another advanced, sentient being? The very subject is one incapable of reproduction. It would be akin to insisting that invisibility cannot be believed until actually seen.
Reproducibility applies to scientific experiments. For example, the original BICEP project at the South Pole attempted to prove that gravity waves existed for the first time. When results were presented for peer review, it was determined that dust clouds within the Milky Way had caused a false conclusion and the experiment was invalidated. LIGO went on to claim the distinction of the first discovery of gravity waves while BICEP became the best project for studying the cosmic microwave background, CMB.

Scientific scrutiny is the other tool for determining whether a claim has validity. A scientist’s observations are presented to a panel of his peers. They determine if the evidence he has presented is valid. This is the very formal method and it usually applies only to extraordinary claims.

For example, I have a friend who is deep into cryptology. He made claims that he and his nephew had video recorded a giant new species of “sea snake” in Oakland Bay in Washington state. When asked to present his videos for a review at the University of Washington, he declined. Therefore his claim remains hearsay.

If he had presented the videos and they were determined to be authentic evidence of a giant never-before-seen animal, then there would have been immense interest from the scientific community. Since they weren’t, his claim of yet another cryptid was ignored.

Yeah I am a skeptic. We are hamsters compared to a being capable of interstellar travel. Hamsters don’t need NDAs.
as are a significant number.

Let me rephrase the Original Post, to pull the skeptics into the real intended subject of my query.

If instead of my statement “that this much is certain,” to which many object, I had said there were many witnesses who claim knowledge of and connection to retrieval of NHI materials . . . would you support the further inquiry and public release of information.

I realize the demands of scientific rigor. But I also have some feel for probabilities and likelihood.

I can’t prove that US intelligent agencies installed Pinochet’ and killed Allende’, but it is widely accepted that the CIA led to their respective fates based upon 50 years of circumstantial evidence and leaks.

So, hypothetically, is it a risk, or a benefit to further examine the facts behind the verbal statements being made regarding UAP’s, their possible retrieval and current possession?

Yes, ultimately extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. If credible witnesses emerge who can lead us to such extraordinary evidence, should the public, at-large, be allowed to know the truth?

Last edited:
Reactions: Deeeefense
I can’t believe people are naive to think we are the only ones out there - intelligent life probably looks at us like we look at dogs. There’s just too much curiosity out there and small leaks to think otherwise.
I think it would be naive to dismiss the possibility that we are alone in the universe.

I am happy that the analogy is now dogs and no longer ants. That offers me a bit of comfort. That said, these analogies give me pause (paws). People claim we have been attempting to reverse engineer the alien’s captured devices. I have yet to catch my dog doing that with anything. Maybe that is why he is my dog.

Remember that one scientist who was charged with reengineering the items recovered in Independence Day played by Brent Spiner? I wonder who that one person is in our government. He/she certainly is able to keep a secret. I bet Elon Musk would want to meet her/him.

Reactions: The-Hack
You nailed it!

I can take a drop of water from my pond, magnify it and see paramecium. I can call my Russian buddy in Moscow, and he can reproduce my actions/observations.

We had no scientifically reproducible evidence of the existence of giant squid until the 1990’s, but knew (and accepted) their existence based upon cumulative circumstantial evidence.
I know the aliens are reading this thread as part of their research and recognizance. I can almost hear their telepathic jibe: “enough with the giant squid analogies, dude!”

Or, maybe they just read “bark bark. Bark bark bark”

as are a significant number.

Let me rephrase the Original Post, to pull the skeptics into the real intended subject of my query.

If instead of my statement “that this much is certain,” to which many object, I had said there were many witnesses who claim knowledge of and connection to retrieval of NHI materials . . . would you support the further inquiry and public release of information.

I realize the demands of scientific rigor. But I also have some feel for probabilities and likelihood.

I can’t prove that US intelligent agencies killed Pinochet’ and Allende’, but it is widely accepted that the CIA led to their downfalls/deaths, based upon 50 years of circumstantial evidence and leaks.

So, hypothetically, is it a risk, or a benefit to further examine the facts behind the verbal statements being made regarding UAP’s, their possible retrieval and current possession?

Yes, ultimately extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. If credible witnesses emerge who can lead us to such extraordinary evidence, should the public, at-large, be allowed to know the truth?

I feel like I have to go with a solid yes we should be informed. I also have no doubt I would immediately regret it if this were all to unfold. People really don’t seem to handle large scale change well at all. Something this foundational would cause change on so many levels it’s really hard to comprehend the possibilities.

I know the aliens are reading this thread as part of their research and recognizance. I can almost hear their telepathic jibe: “enough with the giant squid analogies, dude!”

Or, maybe they just read “bark bark. Bark bark bark”
Lol.

Well, the giant squid is . . . a giant, so there’s that. Better than a shrimp analogy!!

I haven’t intended to cause offense to our visitors, and given their talents and appearance, I hope they are thick-skinned enough to handle it all.

But this raises the possibility that whomever these entities are, they may have accomplished physical feats beyond imagination, but may have completely missed out on some common aspect of human life and development.

Like a sense of humor.

I can just see a tired and annoyed government agent watching Abbott and Costello (for like the thirtieth time), shouting to a pale, short friend,
“NO, ALF, ‘WHO IS ON FIRST’ CAN EITHER BE A PROPER ASIAN NAME, OOOOR THE QUESTION AS TO ‘WHO IS ON FIRST,” . . . . AND IT’S FUNNY AS IT CAN BE HEARD AS A STATEMENT OF FACT OR AS A QUESTION . . . . SO LAUGH, YOU
LITTLE GRAY BASTARD, LAUGH . . . .”

This whole experience could be burdensome: jokes lose their humor when being explained.

If we got really really lucky we could be dogs to aliens. Who’s a good boy? Chroix is a good boy!
We think they’ll solve our energy problems and cure diseases.

Given the relative frequency of their crashes, many of them may have or could
develop drinking problems. I mean, sure they got here, and then crashed in New Mexico???

Hell, an abandoned DC 3 once successfully landed itself in the desert, and these cats can’t bring down interstellar craft 100 percent of the time on land at less than 1% slope???

I think they exist, but I’m not all that sure they are that far ahead of us!

I have yet to catch my dog doing that with anything. Maybe that is why he is my dog.
Added some emphasis for you. Waldo might have a secret project underway in the shed you seldom visit!!

In the meantime, I’m keeping a close eye on my cat.

The little bastard thinks he’s smarter than humans . . . I’d hate it if he got an ally from beyond.

We think they’ll solve our energy problems and cure diseases.

Given the relative frequency of their crashes, many of them may have or could
develop drinking problems. I mean, sure they got here, and then crashed in New Mexico???

Hell, an abandoned DC 3 once successfully landed itself in the desert, and these cats can’t bring down interstellar craft 100 percent of the time on land at less than 1% slope???

I think they exist, but I’m not all that sure they are that far ahead of us!

It would be pretty funny if they were way more advanced than us but also clumsy as hell.

It would be pretty funny if they were way more advanced than us but also clumsy as hell.
Lol.

“Hey, guys, meet my new friend, Zeldaron!

He’s smart as Hell, but throws a baseball like a girl!”

Seriously, this is a possibility. I mean, traverse the cosmos, but then buy the farm smacking into a two foot cactus on land as flat as piss-on-a-plate?

Did their development miss out on little
sh!t like parachutes, brakes and healthy landing gear?

[For aliens reading this thread, I’m just joking around . . . and if I’ve pissed you off, I live in Knoxville, Tennessee and I dare your gray ass to try to destroy my hometown!! Fire that laser at anything Orange and see what happens, Biatches!!].

Last edited:
Added some emphasis for you. Waldo might have a secret project underway in the shed you seldom visit!!

In the meantime, I’m keeping a close eye on my cat.

The little bastard thinks he’s smarter than humans . . . I’d hate it if he got an ally from beyond.
[waldo here - I got the Ole Cavebipod fooled - enjoy your weekend, human - your bone phone thingamajigs aren’t so complicated, but I am guaranteed to pee down my leg when I hear those damn exploding lights] barkity bark

• Haha
A truly advanced species would find a way to make Wagyu steaks more affordable for me
There is little verbal difference from “Making me an affordable Wagyu steak,”
And “Making me into an affordable Wagyu steak.”

We have to watch the fine print!

Reactions: chroix
The end is near!!!!!

Cincy leads it’s division, Kentucky is winning at football, and aliens are real . . . .

The end is near!!
The most shocking thing to me was when I discovered the aliens look just like black crows (is there a crow of any other color?). Those bastards been in my yard yelling at me for years, right under my nose. Annoying little fockers. I am not impressed.

They’ve been yelling, “Take me to your leader.”
No. They know I don’t know who our leader is. They are mocking me. Making fun of my lawn. Taunting me to come out like a rival gang that wants to mob me. Talking crow about me to my face.

I wish they would go back to their own universe and leave me alone.

Tennessee Congressman adds to the ufo disclosure chorus!

This issue seems to have legs in both Houses of Congress, so you have to wonder if/when main stream media will have no other choice but to pick this story up and start reporting on it. Reporting is not the same thing as validating. But when Members of Congress are this active on any subject it's news and should be reported on IMO.

But when Members of Congress are this active on any subject it's news and should be reported on IMO.
I ask friends why this ish stays on the 4th page. Most say we have already “discounted” the informantion, and that is not really new stuff.

And that’s largely true.

I met a federal spook in a local bar a couple of evenings, ago, Department of Homeland Security.

I asked if he’d heard the rumors of work
studying “exotic” materials. His response was, “oh, sure.”

The stories of retrieved materials is strongly tracking information I read in the late 70’s and early 80’s.

It has been a very poorly guarded secret.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT