ADVERTISEMENT

Shot Clock Violation

Oct 5, 2005
We win the game if the refs merely understood the shot clock rule. It's not a complicated rule, but was apparently too much for these refs to comprehend.

This post was edited on 4/4 11:30 PM by ok-cats-computer

and no one will care, this is what everyone wanted, including Vegas

we're bent over and it won't matter

Please someone, anyone gif/pic/vid of this TERRIBLE NO CALL...this call sunk us. We did not play great down the stretch, Wisky played good enough to win. BUT this call sank our ship. Anybody got the proof handy?

Its hard to believe they missed such a blatant call. It wasn;t really even close. Then they come right back with the flop foul on Towns.

And earlier, the Wisc guy who came from out of bounds and made that shot.

So sick to lose a perfect season, with help from the refs.

This was what changed it. Yeah, we had 3 straight crap trips, but they weren't doing that well either. That just gave them the edge. And if you take away those two points, we're only down 2 on that 25-second trip and our entire approach changes.

Originally posted by G-way15:
Please someone, anyone gif/pic/vid of this TERRIBLE NO CALL...this call sunk us. We did not play great down the stretch, Wisky played good enough to win. BUT this call sank our ship. Anybody got the proof handy?
The shot clock hit zero before the Wisconsin player even grabbed the ball to shoot it.

We got cheated. I almost hope Duke whips their ass.

Originally posted by CatPhight:
The only team able to beat UK was UK and Cal did exactly that.
I can't believe Cal went full tubby ball like that when we went up 4.

Pathetic. Just pathetic.

There were plenty of lousy calls to go around. We got a few calls/non-calls that went our way, and so did they. In the end I think it evens out. Cal kept saying we just show up and play up to our best ... but I don't think Kentucky was at its best in these last two games. Is that on Cal? If it was his idea to run out the clock (and then the clock ran out on us), then yeah.
frown.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 4/4 11:22 PM by SueD

Right after the shot clock violation, Dekker got a phantom foul call on Harrison and hit both free throws.

That 4 point stretch killed our momentum.

My 10yr old niece made the call live!!!! Terrible no call that deserves attention. This is not even as subjective as foul calls (which I actually thought they did a good job letting then play through). There is a Huge GD red 0!!!!!!

Originally posted by CatFanInIlliniLand:

Right after the shot clock violation, Dekker got a phantom foul call on Harrison and hit both free throws.

Yep. That was actually worse than the shot clock violation. Aaron didn't even come close to fouling on that play. Anyone who watched the game and doesn't recognize that Kentucky got absolutely hosed is either very biased or knows nothing about basketball.

Originally posted by UK till Death:

Originally posted by CatPhight:
The only team able to beat UK was UK and Cal did exactly that.
I can't believe Cal went full tubby ball like that when we went up 4.

Pathetic. Just pathetic.
Yup. Hate to see it put that way but, you nailed it.
All year long Cal talked about being aggressive and when we need to do just that, he tries to take the air out of the ball? WEAK.

If UK didn't let Wiscy grap the offensive board for a second attempt this would be a non-issue. A hustle play that Wiscy won. Giving up offensive boards to the other team has been a UK weakness all year. Despite having such a height advantage. I am sure there is a scheme reason for this.

Originally posted by buster3.0:
If UK didn't let Wiscy grap the offensive board for a second attempt this would be a non-issue. A hustle play that Wiscy won. Giving up offensive boards to the other team has been a UK weakness all year. Despite having such a height advantage. I am sure there is a scheme reason for this.
um, the ball went out of bounds because 4 UK players let it go out of bounds. WCS did not touch the ball, so it should have been our ball. Then they were able to score after the shot clock expired. So screwed twice on one possession.

Originally posted by loublue22:
um, the ball went out of bounds because 4 UK players let it go out of bounds. WCS did not touch the ball, so it should have been our ball. Then they were able to score after the shot clock expired. So screwed twice on one possession.
On replay the shot was clearly blocked. But the shot clock violation was just blatantly terrible. No way something like that should be allowed.

Awful no call by the refs...completely inexcusable... But that should have been a flagrant 1... Cbb refs are terrible and until they become full time employees nothing changes

The call was bad. Absolutely changed the momentum of the game. about 11 for 11 people (duke fans included) said the same thing.

Not sure how it was missed, when a clock gets below 10, I imagine a ref starts to key in on the time. Makes no sense.

Originally posted by Seth C:

On replay the shot was clearly blocked. But the shot clock violation was just blatantly terrible. No way something like that should be allowed.
I watched the replay and it didn't look blocked to me. But I'll try to watch it again.

Originally posted by EERS 2 Ya:
How about that karate chop?
Posted from Rivals Mobile
You're just validating that the refs weren't good. Sure, we got some, they got some. But if you saw the drives to the basket and the no calls on Wisconsin against our drives and shots, but on the other side they decide to call a ticky tack no-touch, it's troubling.

The shot clock violation, though - there's no excuse. That allowed them to tie and get momentum, and eventually gave them enough cushion after a couple of free throws to change our strategy.

Thank you for the pic BucketCat!!!

I mean...I dunno what to say about that picture. Just a God awful no call that broke us.

Refs were horrible on both sides. Lyles knocked the taste out of that kids mouth, the refs knee they jacked that up and gave Wisconsin every call after that point.

Originally being from Wisconsin, WOW!!!! What a game! Never thought we had a chance against the Cats.

I disagree that was flagrant 1 .. told my wife one would not be called and it wasn't

Originally posted by ok-cats-computer:
Originally posted by CatFanInIlliniLand:

Yep. That was actually worse than the shot clock violation. Aaron didn't even come close to fouling on that play. Anyone who watched the game and doesn't recognize that Kentucky got absolutely hosed is either very biased or knows nothing about basketball.
I had forgotten about that too and just saw it on the highlights. Harrison didn't even touch him and he got the whistle. Pathetic!

WCS did in fact tip the ball on the shot, but the other thing you mentioned is why it's hard for me to even be mad about the shot clock situation. Four UK players just stood there and watched the ball go out of bounds. They all could have easily secured it. The ball wasn't moving at a high rate of speed, so the fear of bobbling it out of bounds shouldn't have been there. Any one of them should have just reached out and grabbed it.

Originally posted by RUPPsRevenge1:
Refs were horrible on both sides. Lyles knocked the taste out of that kids mouth, the refs knee they jacked that up and gave Wisconsin every call after that point.
Or the and one by Harrison that was waved off. We ended up with nothing when we could have had 3 points.

The shot clock violation which cost another 2 points.

The constant hip checking by Kaminski.

Originally posted by hoodro:
WCS did in fact tip the ball on the shot, but the other thing you mentioned is why it's hard for me to even be mad about the shot clock situation. Four UK players just stood there and watched the ball go out of bounds. They all could have easily secured it. The ball wasn't moving at a high rate of speed, so the fear of bobbling it out of bounds shouldn't have been there. Any one of them should have just reached out and grabbed it.
They let it go because they never thought Willie touched it, and didn't want to run the risk of bobbling the ball.

How do you not understand that.

Originally posted by hoodro:
yeah I was screaming at someone to grab it. Why leave it to chance?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT