ADVERTISEMENT

Ruined Rob's big night

CatOfDaVille

Senior
Mar 30, 2007
I've been thinking a lot today about the game last night. I think what makes me the angriest about the way the game ended is that it really ruined what was a special moment for Dillingham.

He took over that game in the last 4 minutes. He was basically unstoppable and was letting LSU know it. I was having visions of Dilly having a Kemba Walker type run in March only to have it come crashing down with less than a second on the clock. His late game performance was completely overshadowed by the loss to the point that I haven't seen much mention of it here.

Such a shame. He's special and will tear up the league in the coming years. Too bad he's saddled with a has-been coach at UK and won't have anything to show for it.

Well chances are if we dont' blow that big lead he doesn't go on a tear at the end of the game because it wouldn't have really been needed.

But he was also part of the reason LSU hit that last shot. After the first block he started running away from the basket instead of continuing after the ball to make sure there wasn't a second shot. No doubt about it, if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have been in the position to win the game. He absolutely put the team on his back down the stretch. But that whole last sequence was just another defensive lapse by young guys who struggle defensively.

Screenshot-2024-02-22-at-8-16-52-PM.png

I've been thinking a lot today about the game last night. I think what makes me the angriest about the way the game ended is that it really ruined what was a special moment for Dillingham.

He took over that game in the last 4 minutes. He was basically unstoppable and was letting LSU know it. I was having visions of Dilly having a Kemba Walker type run in March only to have it come crashing down with less than a second on the clock. His late game performance was completely overshadowed by the loss to the point that I haven't seen much mention of it here.

Such a shame. He's special and will tear up the league in the coming years. Too bad he's saddled with a has-been coach at UK and won't have anything to show for it.
Rob is special. We win that game if the refs didn't swallow their whistles when he was fouled multiple times down the stretch.

Well chances are if we dont' blow that big lead he doesn't go on a tear at the end of the game because it wouldn't have really been needed.

But he was also part of the reason LSU hit that last shot. After the first block he started running away from the basket instead of continuing after the ball to make sure there wasn't a second shot. No doubt about it, if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have been in the position to win the game. He absolutely put the team on his back down the stretch. But that whole last sequence was just another defensive lapse by young guys who struggle defensively.

Screenshot-2024-02-22-at-8-16-52-PM.png
Was he part of the reason that LSU hit the last shot? I mean, he was on the floor, so I guess you can say that.

It's a bit of a stretch to place any sort of blame on him for it though. Ugo stood there flat-footed the whole time.

Reactions: TM2013
You kind of have to live with his TOs in my opinion. They stem from his fearlessness and aggressiveness. What causes him to make dumb decisions at times is also what makes him special. His pros vastly outweigh his cons.
I can understand that. But what I’ve noticed is that when he and Reed are playing together, Reed looks for Dilly practically everytime and doesn’t look to shoot. It’s criminal that Reed doesn’t take a minimum of six threes a game. A lot of it is his fault as he’s too unselfish. The whole thing is a mess.

Reactions: CatOfDaVille
Food for thought. Dilly has scored 20 points or more 6 times but we're only 3-3 in those games.

The only thing I will say is the ball doesn't seem to move much in some of our losing games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT