ADVERTISEMENT

Rotation w/ current players

Still 3-4 spots to fill but what does everyone think the rotation/minutes look like with the 9 players we have so far?
Wouldn't expect to add anything other than bench players at this point.

With the 2 guards that committed today plus Oteg, Butler, Chandler and Perry, that is a lot of players at the 1 - 3. This is why I think it's hard to envision Jaxson Robinson joining now.

The combo of Williams, Carr and Garrison will make it hard to add another big. We could probably still get the Baylor decommit from Juco.

Krissa, Brea, Otega, Carr, Williams would be my picks for likely starters. Butler will be first off the bench.

Butler Starts / Kriisa Back up / Perry if both in foul trouble.
Kriisa or Oweh starts and other backs up / Chandler and Perry
Brea Starts / Oweh backs up / chandler if both in foul trouble
Carr Starts / Garrison back up / Oweh if both in foul trouble
Williams / Garrison / Carr if both in foul trouble.

Butler Starts / Kriisa Back up / Perry if both in foul trouble.
Kriisa or Oweh starts and other backs up / Chandler and Perry
Brea Starts / Oweh backs up / chandler if both in foul trouble
Carr Starts / Garrison back up / Oweh if both in foul trouble
Williams / Garrison / Carr if both in foul trouble.
I would like to add one more wing. That could rotate up to PF and play small ball if needed!
But I see a roster with nobody that is going to average 20 ppg. But I see 7 that could put 20 on you on any given night!

Chandler going to be hard to keep off the floor.
Maybe by January. But not right off. He has been on his mission and word has it for the past 24 months has not picked up a ball, let alone stayed in shape for 24 months. If that is true (multiple so called experts out there), if true then he will have some much rust that Dorothy will have to get out the tin can and rust remover and work on him for months.

PG - Butler/Kriisa
SG - Oweh/Chandler/Perry
SF - Brea/Chandler
PF - Carr/Brea
C - Williams/Garrison

Reactions: Fitch44
I'm good with the roster UK has now. If Pope & the guys can add to that roster and make it even better, great. But it feels like many of these guys are recognized on this board as the really good players they are until they commit. Then some come out with "he's not good enough." It makes me question what most of these posters really know about the game, and also suspect they may be some of the same ones chasing recruiting rankings and think the #1 player in high school recruiting rankings is the "best player in the country" or one of those "studs" UK has to get. What I think is the guys on the roster already are more than good enough to routinely beat the freshmen dominated teams Calipari had been riding with at UK.

As it stands

PG - Butler/Kriisa
SG - Kriisa/Oweh
SF - Brea/Oweh
PF - Carr/Oweh
C - Williams/Garrison

With a DUDE [Poplar/Robinson/Wells/Richmond]

PG - Butler/Kriisa
SG - Brea/Kriisa
SF - DUDE/Oweh
PF - Carr/Oweh
C - Williams/Garrison

I love having Otega-tron, and Butler, who both give us incredible flexibility on defense.

Reactions: lazycat75
Wouldn't expect to add anything other than bench players at this point.

With the 2 guards that committed today plus Oteg, Butler, Chandler and Perry, that is a lot of players at the 1 - 3. This is why I think it's hard to envision Jaxson Robinson joining now.

The combo of Williams, Carr and Garrison will make it hard to add another big. We could probably still get the Baylor decommit from Juco.

Krissa, Brea, Otega, Carr, Williams would be my picks for likely starters. Butler will be first off the bench.
The PG spot is interesting right now, with Butler and Kriisa both being good but not elite options. Hard to imagine them both starting, but they've both started every game of their career after freshman year. Seems like a lot of it will be situation based, Butler when you need defense, Kriisa when you need offense. I love getting as many ballhandlers on the floor as possible. I'll take a shot at the current lineup:

Kriisa
Brea
Oweh
Carr
Williams

Butler first off the bench. Note that 5 of the top 6 in this scenario are 5th year seniors(!!!!).

Seems likely we get at least one more guy that is an important rotation piece, if not starter, when it's all said and done. Especially if they're a guy who withdraws from the draft. Robinson and Wells being the two obvious answers.

G Butler(30)/Kriisa(10)
G Kriisa(20)/Oweh(10)/Chandler(5)/Perry(5)
G Brea(30)/Oweh(10)
F Carr(30)/Garrison(10)
F Williams(25)/Garrison(15)

Basically a 7 man rotation as it stands. Don’t see the Freshmen playing much with all those Seniors/Graduates on the roster.

Would like to see us add another big (an athletic 4 man, maybe?) for depth. We have good bigs, but 25-30 minutes a piece might be pushing them. A guy like Toppin would be ideal.

The PG spot is interesting right now, with Butler and Kriisa both being good but not elite options. Hard to imagine them both starting, but they've both started every game of their career after freshman year. Seems like a lot of it will be situation based, Butler when you need defense, Kriisa when you need offense. I love getting as many ballhandlers on the floor as possible. I'll take a shot at the current lineup:

Kriisa
Brea
Oweh
Carr
Williams

Butler first off the bench. Note that 5 of the top 6 in this scenario are 5th year seniors(!!!!).

Seems likely we get at least one more guy that is an important rotation piece, if not starter, when it's all said and done. Especially if they're a guy who withdraws from the draft. Robinson and Wells being the two obvious answers.
I agree with everything except I'd probably flip Kriisa and Butler.

Reactions: delk4three
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT