ADVERTISEMENT

Rick Pitino getting slaughtered in Pan AM games

Rhavicc

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2014
Wildly unimpressive, I remember hearing that Rick was one of the greatest X's and O's coach in the game. Did anybody else hear that anywhere? Ah, looks like he isn't that good at it after all.
Definitely not a good look for his coaching abilities.

....wow, more factual evidence that RP isn't as great a coach as 'Planet Red' makes him out to be. I'm sure they'll ignore this completely...just like they do his 1-7 record against Cal.

....wow, more factual evidence that RP isn't as great a coach as 'Planet Red' makes him out to be. I'm sure they'll ignore this completely...just like they do his 1-7 record against Cal.

No mention of it on their Rivals board. This will be a glowing statistic for Zipp to use down the road. I know how much he loves his statistics. Of course, the Scout board is blaming the team for giving up 500 threes in a half.

Marty Feldman getting his azz handed to him LOL. I love it.

We get to see this, and watch Murray play today. Sounds like a win. Poor Rick, when he goes against Team USA, he's dunzo.

I think it's pretty funny though, a month or so ago, they were saying "Just like Rick, scheduling professional teams to stay ahead of the game, a mark of a truly elite coach" (despite Calipari already doing so, I mean, at least the DR team got to the round of 16 in FIBA).
Now it's the team (that they'll play on their overseas trip) that's completely terrible, not a true pro team. Has nothing to do with Rick's bad coaching. [roll]

How did Pitino even get this gig? Seems like a very, very odd choice.

"He was pretty excellent when he coached you guys in the 90's..." .....yeah, and all you little birdies hated him.

Now, since Cal's arrival at UK, he's gone 1-7 against Cal, and yet somehow "Cal can't coach", "RP is such a better coach than Cal" is the ridiculous gibberish we hear from your fanbase.

Like I've told card fans many times, don't let the facts get in the way of your little theories.

Reactions: blubo
He was pretty excellent when he coached you guys in the 90's...

In fairness, the post you're referring to also speaks in the present tense. We're a long way from the 90's. Rick's golden days as a coach was 19 years ago.

"He was pretty excellent when he coached you guys in the 90's..." .....yeah, and all you little birdies hated him.

Now, since Cal's arrival at UK, he's gone 1-7 against Cal, and yet somehow "Cal can't coach", "RP is such a better coach than Cal" is the ridiculous gibberish we hear from your fanbase.

Like I've told card fans many times, don't let the facts get in the way of your little theories.

Mark is a Duke fan.

He was pretty excellent when he coached you guys in the 90's...

Mark he has never been a great X's and O's coach
look at his record in close and OT games when he was at UK
what he is, is one of the best pregame coaches and always has been
he has always been a good game planner, but makes very questionable decisions in late game situations

Reactions: ymmot31
What an odd hodge podge the American team is
Agreed. Ages span from 20 to mid 30's? Makes me wonder why we didn't just field a team of college players. I have to think a team of college kids would still win it all and get much better ratings.

brazil 92 - 59 ouch!

obviously the puerto rican players aren't luavil material. L1C7

Last edited:
An example of what I was talking about earlier regarding the typical uofl fan view on coaching:

"Can Calapari coach? Yes. Is he a good coach? Yes. Is he a great coach? A coach on par with the CRP, Tom Izzo, Coach K, Bo Ryan and guys like that? Guys who hold jobs on the level of the UK job? Of course not. Is he a hall of fame coach? Of course not. If he were he'd admit his real goal is to win another national championship but that he fell short. He's a salesman selling a dream and doing it very successfully."

An example of what I was talking about earlier regarding the typical uofl fan view on coaching:

"Can Calapari coach? Yes. Is he a good coach? Yes. Is he a great coach? A coach on par with the CRP, Tom Izzo, Coach K, Bo Ryan and guys like that? Guys who hold jobs on the level of the UK job? Of course not. Is he a hall of fame coach? Of course not. If he were he'd admit his real goal is to win another national championship but that he fell short. He's a salesman selling a dream and doing it very successfully."
That tard fan needs to put down the pipe. Seriously.

Although it works both ways, but Louisville fans screamed from the rooftops that Rick was "just" a motivator when he was at Kentucky, and nothing more.

Now, he's at Louisville and he's a damn rocket science when it comes to X's and O's, according to them.

Is he a good coach? Yes, not great; good. Just like Cal.

Mark is A-ok guys. He is a longtime poster on the national board and is very much in touch with all things college basketball.

Not a bad guy for a Dukie.

Darryl
A whole lot of nope in this post.

Sounds like its time for Little Ricky (R3P) to go back to the restaurant business. I hear he's particularly good at quick service.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT