ADVERTISEMENT

Renewal of season tickets

kspradlin

Gold Member
Dec 18, 2022
Nothing to do with OC leaving or who might replace him, but undecided about renewing this upcoming season. Saw some great games as well as terrible performances which were typically by the staff, but overall no significant stable growth. Looking forward should we accept 6/7 wins a season, and reflect on when 3/4 wins were the normal? We’re still playing 3 yards and a cloud of dust with bend and try not to break defense, is that going to change? Finally, should and I other loyal fans continue spending the money asked for results we suspect before the game is play?

Reactions: brbates
Nothing to do with OC leaving or who might replace him, but undecided about renewing this upcoming season. Saw some great games as well as terrible performances which were typically by the staff, but overall no significant stable growth. Looking forward should we accept 6/7 wins a season, and reflect on when 3/4 wins were the normal? We’re still playing 3 yards and a cloud of dust with bend and try not to break defense, is that going to change? Finally, should and I other loyal fans continue spending the money asked for results we suspect before the game is play?
Gonna renew in the morning .

Reactions: sambowieshin
Don't look now but all the fans who complained about scheduling weak ooc are now with the new sec complaining we won't win enough games.

It definitely is not a conference for the weak that's for sure. There will be some very good teams with disappointing records, some good teams struggle to make a bowl, and some decent teams maybe go winless in the league.

I see people say this same thing about Cal and basketball tickets. I don’t have football season tickets but I do have basketball. I think the same argument holds. I’m not keeping the basketball tickets because of what is happening now. I keep them for what will happen in the future. If you don’t buy them, someone else will. The only one missing out on anything is you.

Don't look now but all the fans who complained about scheduling weak ooc are now with the new sec complaining we won't win enough games.

It definitely is not a conference for the weak that's for sure. There will be some very good teams with disappointing records, some good teams struggle to make a bowl, and some decent teams maybe go winless in the league.
I’m not complaining about upcoming schedules and have endured through over 40 years of UK football so it’s not like i just jumped on the bandwagon. It’s a matter of the direction of the program, constantly being told we need to step up, repeatedly witnessing a coach that points fingers when it’s the same mistakes year after year, and yet we can’t question.

Yes.

Reactions: kspradlin
No one cares, don't renew and someone else will buy.
Doubt I’m the only person questioning about renewing, and UK will inquire if I like to reconsider renewing my tickets, parking pass, and KFund donations.

Seems like during season, hear and read plenty of fans having doubts. Guess it’s okay at that moment.

I see people say this same thing about Cal and basketball tickets. I don’t have football season tickets but I do have basketball. I think the same argument holds. I’m not keeping the basketball tickets because of what is happening now. I keep them for what will happen in the future. If you don’t buy them, someone else will. The only one missing out on anything is you.
I’m keeping my basketball tickets for that very reason. Lately however sometimes it’s a struggle to sell them face value and that’s not considering the KFund donations.

Reactions: warrior_SW
I’m keeping my basketball tickets for that very reason. Lately however sometimes it’s a struggle to sell them face value and that’s not considering the KFund donations.
Luckily, my tickets don't require the extra K Fund donation. I too have the same issue with selling them. Many times I haven't even been able to sell them period let alone for face value. In those situations, I usually try to give them away to someone like a parent and child so they don't go unused. Sometimes, I will give them to a client so I can use as a tax deduction. Sometimes I just eat the cost.

I have had season tickets for 35 years but have decided to just buy tickets on line for the games I really want to attend this coming season. I too have had trouble giving away tickets for the less attractive games (at least three per year)

Remember when full stadiums mattered? When telling recruits a school has a huge number of season tickets sales? When maxing athletic dept donations was the key to winning?

Now in 2024 the best way to use that money is giving to NIL collectives. Cash is king. None of the old important stuff matters.

I wouldn’t expect routine eight wins a year. Missouri just got a $15M gift for NIL. We will not be able to keep up in this league. The second or third place team in the ACC might be in the bottom half of the SEC. Look even this year our game with Louisville. If they go to a nine game schedule we map be happy with 6-7 wins before meaningless bowl.

If you are a true fan and can afford the tickets and love UK football, but your season tickets and support your team through thick and thin. Be a true fan

I have had season tickets for 35 years but have decided to just buy tickets on line for the games I really want to attend this coming season. I too have had trouble giving away tickets for the less attractive games (at least three per year)
Fees are out the wazoo for ticketmaster, stub hub etc.... almost makes it cheaper to buy direct for a full season from UK than to pick a few games from the online scalpers. Have you looked at that?

Yes, I renewed. This is a pivotal year with OU and Texas entering the league. It's critical to win at least 7 games, and hopefully they can find a way to win 8 or 9.

Reactions: catben
Type “Kentucky vs. Florida football 2023,” on a YouTube search.

Watch the 10 minute highlight.

Then renew.
This is exactly why I keep coming back. The dopamine hit of moments like that (I attend with my dad, so there’s also sentimental nature at play) are just too good.

Also the parking pass.

For years only got them every other season (for lopsided home scheduling). Now will have to wait and see how the SEC does us.

I don't think you should renew, there are many good fans much more positive than you that will be happy to replace you. I don't have season tickets but drive over 4 hours to see home games, 2 - 4 times each year and a few away along, from time to time. Can't wait to see Texas and Oklahoma play at Commonwealth, yes I 'm older.

If you are an entertain me fan, then it's a more difficult decision to renew. If you are a fan who wishes to invest in the team and be a part of the cohort that financially supports that growth, then renew. Growth is not always linear. For me, I'm an entertain me basketball fan. I watch every game when they're rolling and rent a suite at the SEC tourney(with several couples) and will go to the FF, if we make it, but the last few years I haven't even watched every game. With football, I had season tix when I could barely afford it, never missed a game including bowls and even now that I live far away make it to at least one home game each season and every bowl game.

Last edited:
I had season tix when I could barely afford it, never missed a game including bowls
Me and brother (and cousins) used to run the last half mile after parking to see Claiborne’s Cats kick off.

We all limp into the stadium, now.

I suspect I will roll into Kroger in a wheelchair someday.

And will be forever young again with every kickoff.

I don't think you should renew, there are many good fans much more positive than you that will be happy to replace you. I don't have season tickets but drive over 4 hours to see home games, 2 - 4 times each year and a few away along, from time to time. Can't wait to see Texas and Oklahoma play at Commonwealth, yes I 'm older.
Cobb - I drive 12-13 hours one way, 4 times or more a season - and yes I am old too - lol!

Go Big Blue!

Season tickets, or individual game going isn't really about program loyalty, what the offense is or isn't doing, or even record.

It's about money, and time.

Do you want to pay the money, and maybe more importantly do you want to spend the time?

Game day is an investment beyond ticket price. It's at least half a day for most people even if they live relatively close. Got to get there early to tailgate. Have to set up shop...tent, big screen TV to watch every other game, grill, tables, etc. Have to plan all week for the logistics that come with tailgating. Food, parking, who's coming with, who's bringing what to eat drink.

If you live not so close, you may have to roll in Friday afternoon or evening or get up way early Saturday morning.

As some generations move out of their peak earning/consumption power and upcoming generations move into theirs...things naturally change.

Ma Pa, Mammy and Pappy first off probably had to go to the stadium to see a lot of games. As media/tv, and now internet/streaming expands and there's a thousand avenues to consume sports, it isn't necessary to dedicate as much time, money, effort into season tickets, or going to games. Especially with cost of living and inflation.

What season tickets, and tailgating weekend cost in eras past, and what it cost now...a lot different.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT