ADVERTISEMENT

Reeves Back! - source

The program needed some good news and Reeves helps the roster by being on it...IF his heart and mind are totally in it.
Don't know what his intentions truly were but, obviously he did flirt with transferring so, guess we will see what he looks like on the court. Right now, him coming back is a net positive.

Reactions: Fox2monk
My sweet Mom used to say "you'd bitch if they hung you with a gold rope." That is what I take from everything you say. You all bitch that we don't have enough talent, then when we do, you bitch about players' expectations and whether they will be upset with playing time. Let's let kids compete for playing time, let the best play, and go win a championship instead of finding something to bitch about no matter what happens.
Well, to be honest I don't the content of the rope is the biggest problem in that scenario.

Easy to explain. The guys in the portal want to play. They look at who we have coming in and know they can't beat that guy out. Reeves wanted out for the same reason. But he had no takers. So he's coming back to be a practice player and draw whatever NIL monies he can.

Guys don't enter the portal to go ride the bench somewhere else. Now, maybe some of them could have come in and earned minutes? But they were too scared to try.
Good lord, you are an idiot!!!! Reeves averaged 14/game last year. Scored 37 in one of the tougher road environments the SEC has to offer. There is zero chance in hell he is going to be just a practice player. I mean you know that, I think you are being an idiot on purpose or maybe it just comes natural.

This is stupid.

posters ask me all the time, "why are you constantly shitting on the fans?" It's because of you and others like you. I only shit on the bad ones, but there are so many
Hechas been an ass for a long time. He is simply one miserable wretch

Reactions: Rockfly78
Dude, did you go to a game last season? We had maybe one game close to full. I was at almost every home game, not even close to packed.
I watch the games on tv. That arena is always packed. A lot of fans also attend road games. Kentucky has some of the most enthusiastic fans in college basketball. What's happening is the Cal haters are starting to panic.
We could be headed for a very successful season. That's the last thing that you want. That's how much you hate the coach.

I suppose I am imagining when I see UK's arena packed with fans during every time game the basketball team plays.
Wow! This might come as a shock to you, but those fans are there because they love their team and university. They are simply tolerating Cal until he is no longer the coach. You must be 10 years old to not understand that simply concept.

I watch the games on tv. That arena is always packed. A lot of fans also attend road games. Kentucky has some of the most enthusiastic fans in college basketball. What's happening is the Cal haters are starting to panic.
We could be headed for a very successful season. That's the last thing that you want. That's how much you hate the coach.
There is no way you can determine if the arena is packed by what you see on tv.

Reactions: STL_Cat
First of all, I don’t hate Cal. I support the team and coach, but I’m not opposed to discussing things that make me unhappy. And the arena wasn’t packed at all. Not even close.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Wow! This might come as a shock to you, but those fans are there because they love their team and university. They are simply tolerating Cal until he is no longer the coach. You must be 10 years old to not understand that simply concept.
There is no proof whatsoever that most Kentucky fans hate the coach. They may be disappointed in his performance the last few years. They do not have the pathological hatred for him that the lunatics on this forum express every single day.

Good lord, you are an idiot!!!! Reeves averaged 14/game last year. Scored 37 in one of the tougher road environments the SEC has to offer. There is zero chance in hell he is going to be just a practice player. I mean you know that, I think you are being an idiot on purpose or maybe it just comes natural.
That was a seriously bad or troll like take. I don’t know about that poster? They swing from Cal’s 🌰 sack but it doesn’t feel natural. Could be a straight up troll.

First of all, I don’t hate Cal. I support the team and coach, but I’m not opposed to discussing things that make me unhappy. And the arena wasn’t packed at all. Not even close.
It’s funny that the Cal super friends think that if we have a great year that it will somehow make the people that criticize him angry or not happy 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: CincyUKFan
There is no proof whatsoever that most Kentucky fans hate the coach. They may be disappointed in his performance the last few years. They do not have the pathological hatred for him that the lunatics on this forum express every single day.
You have spent way too much time hanging onto Cal's sack. As a result, you now have brain damage.

You have spent way too much time hanging onto Cal's sack. As a result, you now have brain damage.
As I posted earlier, when confronted with facts this is how the Cal haters respond. They insult you or call you names. The fact that Cal may sign Mitchell from WVU and has kept Reeves has the haters rattled. Their endless campaign to turn UK fans against Cal is not working too well right now.

As I posted earlier, when confronted with facts this is how the Cal haters respond. They insult you or call you names. The fact that Cal may sign Mitchell from WVU and has kept Reeves has the haters rattled. Their endless campaign to turn UK fans against Cal is not working too well right now.
I guess you think you have been complementary to poster who don't think like you.

Antonio's it's good to have you back. The place just wasn't the same without you.

You want the rest of this pie? Ellen cant bake for shit.
shawshank redemption smh GIF

some folks love the drama and bad stuff more than they love the success and good fortune. For some, it's just more enthralling. For some, they wanted Cal to leave or be fired and since it didn't' happen they now prefer to see it all burn to the ground so they can be vindicated.
Some are not Kentucky fans.

@SemperFiCat

Hello my marine brother. Navy combat veteran here. When I came back from war. One of best friends was Marine, he got a dear John letter 3 days before we came home, so I took him fishing when we got home to help his emotions, I failed. He shot his self right in the brain right in front of me. That’s not why I have PTSD. Look at my past posts. Reeves wants to be here. He was just doing what his coach was telling him. It was all about making the best NIL money he could make. He was always coming back. He even texted me, it’s time

• Love
Reactions: SemperFiCat
I'd put Wagner Reeves and Edwards up against anyone's top 3.

Duke - Roach McCain Proctor
UNC - Cadeau Davis Ingram
Tennessee - Vescovi James Knecht
UConn - Newton Spencer Castle
MSU - Hoggard Walker Akins
KU - Harris McCullar Timberlake
Zona - Boswell Love Larsson
USC - Collier Ellis Johnson
Zags - Nembhard Smith Venters
Dont forget dillingham, hes the key for number 9, he breaks ankles

@SemperFiCat

Hello my marine brother. Navy combat veteran here. When I came back from war. One of best friends was Marine, he got a dear John letter 3 days before we came home, so I took him fishing when we got home to help his emotions, I failed. He shot his self right in the brain right in front of me. That’s not why I have PTSD. Look at my past posts. Reeves wants to be here. He was just doing what his coach was telling him. It was all about making the best NIL money he could make. He was always coming back. He even texted me, it’s time
Howdy, sailor! I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, and your own struggles. Military spouses can be both the most remarkable of people, and the very worst of people. I knew guys that had similar experiences. It's just about the most shitty thing a woman can do to her man. They have no idea how dangerous it can be for everyone involved once he comes home. While I don't think I suffered any deep PTSD, it did alter some aspects of my life and personality a bit. I myself went through a divorce and a dangerous depression. Very bad alcoholism. I would wake up and drink vodka straight just to 'get right'. But, I did fight through it alone. No programs, no meetings etc. (Very much not recommended for a person in my situation). But I'll be two years sober in Aug, and in the best physical and mental shape of my adult life. So, there is light out there. "You can make it to the sunrise", by Our Last Night is a song that gave me strength on dark nights, when the noose was tied (ya see, I didn't want to leave a mess for my family). I've since helped numerous friends and military brothers in hard times. To anyone reading this, I promise someone cares and things WILL NOT BE BETTER if you're gone. Talk about it. It sounds cliche, but it's the truth. My absolute best medicine was getting in shape. I did a triathlon for my one year, and ran the Indy mini marathon about two months ago. Getting my endorphins going was magic. I knew my body would feel better, but I totally underestimated the impact it would have on my mental health. Again, my condolences for your brother. Never hesitate to talk. ...and thank you for your service. Love.

Howdy, sailor! I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, and your own struggles. Military spouses can be both the most remarkable of people, and the very worst of people. I knew guys that had similar experiences. It's just about the most shitty thing a woman can do to her man. They have no idea how dangerous it can be for everyone involved once he comes home. While I don't think I suffered any deep PTSD, it did alter some aspects of my life and personality a bit. I myself went through a divorce and a dangerous depression. Very bad alcoholism. I would wake up and drink vodka straight just to 'get right'. But, I did fight through it alone. No programs, no meetings etc. (Very much not recommended for a person in my situation). But I'll be two years sober in Aug, and in the best physical and mental shape of my adult life. So, there is light out there. "You can make it to the sunrise", by Our Last Night is a song that gave me strength on dark nights, when the noose was tied (ya see, I didn't want to leave a mess for my family). I've since helped numerous friends and military brothers in hard times. To anyone reading this, I promise someone cares and things WILL NOT BE BETTER if you're gone. Talk about it. It sounds cliche, but it's the truth. My absolute best medicine was getting in shape. I did a triathlon for my one year, and ran the Indy mini marathon about two months ago. Getting my endorphins going was magic. I knew my body would feel better, but I totally underestimated the impact it would have on my mental health. Again, my condolences for your brother. Never hesitate to talk. ...and thank you for your service. Love.
Thank you, best post of the year

I didn't read this entire thread so maybe someone has mentioned this, but isn't it strange there has been nothing official from UKMBB on Reeves returning? No tweet with a welcome back or anything.

Some absolute gold here from our resident Reeves “haters”. And yes, the things you’ve said would beg the word “haters”.

Including our old buddy KentuckySportsX.

And well, a couple other posters as well.

“I was hoping he wouldn’t return”

“He’s coming back to be a practice player”

🤣🤣🤣

You do realize you’re doubling down also, right? Are these “haters” saying he doesn’t score in bunches at times? Are they saying he’s a terrible player?

Some things they have said are that he underwhelms more often than not against the best competition. And context is important also. When people made the comments about not wanting him back or being indifferent to his return - he himself wasn’t looking to return. He was leaning towards bolting. That matters. The recruits talked him into returning. It’s on record.

And people, likely including you, thought Edwards would be a stud. Also, do we really know where this team would be if Dilly and Reed and Thiero would’ve eaten all the minutes that Reeves has had? Nope, it’s impossible to know.

And now for the part where you are still doubling down: I don’t care if dude is an All-American or works his way into being a second round pick (good for him). I care about UK making final fours and winning it all. And if he is as complicit in that not happening this year as he was last year - and that’s a big possibility - will you revive this thread again?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT