ADVERTISEMENT

Reeves Back! - source

PG - Dilly/Wagner
SG - Wagner/Reeves...maybe some Shep if he can defend
SF - Edwards/Reeves

We're fine at all perimeter spots. Shooters, speed, slashers, scorers, spot up....I think Wagner will be a plus defender. I hold hope that Edwards will be a good to plus defender. I don't think Dilly will be a good defender and Reeves is a below par defender.

PF - Bradshaw (is he really hurt bad?) and Burks...I'm just not counting on him
C - Ugo and we have to get Cyril.

I have no idea why we aren't seeing what the offer is for Olivier Nkamhou....he'd be a natural fit.
Don't forget about Thiero somewhere in there, he could be a pleasant surprise this year.

I'm not thrilled with the roster or this offseason but the responses to Reeves return prove that there is nothing Cal and staff can do to make some idiotic UK fans happy.
Says the guy that trashes Cal and all the players in every f*ckin' game thread.

Like I said, maybe take the high road, you should be the very last person that is calling others out for being miserable.

Lol. Why would anyone be upset by this? If Dilly is that good it’s going to be a fun season. And Reeves is going to contribute too.

🤦🏻‍♂️
Exactly. If Dillingham is better than a 5th year senior who gave us 15 points/game, then it means we're going to have three lottery picks, plus Dillingham producing on crazy levels, plus Reeves as our 5th option.

Who would be upset by that, @Kentucky_SportsX ?

I'm not thrilled with the roster or this offseason but the responses to Reeves return prove that there is nothing Cal and staff can do to make some idiotic UK fans happy.
If only BBN could be as happy about the team as you are in the game threads when you're trashing our players at every opportunity.

@JFCats22, you're guilty of the same things you accuse others of doing.

I'm very happy with this news. Cal let this drag on way too long, but thankfully Reeves will be back. He is a proven scorer and will help to spread the floor for Edwards, Dilly, and Wagner.
Ima give Cal some credit on this one. He righted a wrong by really focusing on getting Reeves back by figuring out a way to get him some decent NIL money and obviously talked to him about playing time. This is a job well done by Cal and whoever else was involved.

I was wrong about this. Glad to admit it. I figured he was for sure gone. Why did he take so long? Was he trying to get out? Or was he never really leaving? Maybe he felt it wasn’t necessary to announce he was back?

PG - Dilly/Wagner
SF - Edwards/Reeves

We're fine at all perimeter spots. Shooters, speed, slashers, scorers, spot up....I think Wagner will be a plus defender. I hold hope that Edwards will be a good to plus defender. I don't think Dilly will be a good defender and Reeves is a below par defender.

I have no idea why we aren't seeing what the offer is for Olivier Nkamhou....he'd be a natural fit.
Transferred too Michigan.

He’s a standstill jump shooter who can’t sniff the NBA even with good size. Played 28 mpg and averaged 1 assist. Awful defender. Doesn’t share the ball. Can’t create off the dribble. He’s next year’s Wheeler - a dude that will hurt more than he helps.
He was light years better than CJ Fredrick and our best pure scorer. He was anything but "standstill" floaters, runners, shooting on the move. Are we even talking about the same player.

Reactions: plumdog69
The guy didn't want to be here, and Kentucky was his parachute. Now there could be issues with min promised or expected. IMO, this could lead to Wheeler 2.0. I like Reeves, but not sure this is worth the gamble with a young team, chemistry wise.
We don't really have a choice we need players and he's got two hands two feet and a pair of shoes. I say good for us and if he cause issues it will get out the locker room and we as fans will scald him so much he won't have as much trouble with his decision next time. I'm glad to have him and hope he wants to make a run.

Reactions: DSGTCAT28
Reeves is the guy who can put up 20 against a mid major in the first half and break the teams spirit early. Really happy to have him back

Reactions: EastLansingCat
Would love to know how this all actually went down. Hope this is true and the team can develop good chemistry with Reeves in the fold. One of the more wild storylines I can remember.

Are all the losers who said we don't need him, he sucks, "1-15" going to come back here and admit they are morons?
Good point. But Reeves had some phenomenal shooting nights and some horrible nights as well. I just hope he plays within himself, doesn’t cause chemistry problems, and shows up as a positive force and helps us win.

I wanted him back. I just didn't think he'd be down with the youth movement. Reality is, this is the best place for him to work on his game since he's already been here a year. That just hasn't always been enough in the past. Im glad to be wrong.
You weren’t in the group that said he sucks and using one game to justify why he shouldn’t be here, your take is reasonable and is fair

• Haha
Reactions: jameslee32
Where are all these "experts" this morning nationally and locally? They better be eating some humble pie lol. Jeff Goodman is probably on suicide watch.

Reactions: JFCats22
Nope. I believe Dilly/Reed/Thiero will all play better D and offer more than just standstill jump shooting. And I think they’ll show up against the best competition, consistently.

We have all debated it for months - but box scores don’t lie. The dude was mediocre or below average against the best competition far more times than he was good. And at times he was mediocre against bad teams too. AND HE PLAYS TERRIBLE DEFENSE AGAINST EVERY TEAM.
You are right. About 1 thing. Boxscores don't lie. He was suppose to be bench production and a backup. But he went and took what the 4 and 5 star boys had. He did what they did not do and did what the TEAM needed , to be a SCORER. One of the greatest 6th men in NBA history retired monday, Lou Williams, that is what Reeves was last year. We had nobody who could/would shoot, if he hadn't stepped up it would have been really bad last year. But you know that, it's just you have a hard on for him. Go back and read your post during Reeves SEC tear at the end of the year. Archives don't lie playa.

Reactions: EastLansingCat
PG - Dilly/Wagner
SF - Edwards/Reeves

I'm thinking Thiero will soak up any minutes at the 4 that might be available.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT