ADVERTISEMENT

Reed Sheppard is the best player on this team

D Angelo didn't play at UK. Nice try with Anderson and Rondo. Close but no cigar. Rondo could not shoot in college and Anderson was simply not the all around player Shep is.
Laugh all you want PD; you fitna see like the rest of em.

He’s better than both them boys were at UK.
Reality hurts sometimes but when he starts over Dillingham and Thiero you gonna see.

Wagner
King Reed
Reeves
Edwards
Bradshaw

I love Thiero but you have him as the best player on the team right now? You really think hes better than Dj, Reed, Reeves and Edwards? I love him and he is very important to the team but he has more to show from the offensive end before he can be considered better than those guys.
Never said he was the best player. I said he was one of the top five right now based on the three games we have played so far.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Scorer
Assister
Defender
3 point shooter
FT shooter
Taking it to the rack
High BB IQ
Very athletic with crazy hops

He is the lowest rated of the Fab Five but in my opinion is the best all around player, not only of the Freshman, but of the entire team.

Nice job by all the biased bs rating services rating Reed #25 when he should have been #5.

:flush:

He is King Reed!!!
Reed is really good but Kentucky needs Wagner and Edwards to be our best player

I wonder if we will see all five Freshmen together once Bradshaw recovers?

G Dillingham
G Wagner
G Sheppard
G Edwards
F Bradshaw

That’s one quick lineup. Might struggle rebounding, but it would get lots of steals and score a lot in transition.

Some basketball gurus in here

1. Reed js best player on tewm
2. Reeves will get pushed to bench etcc

How you can watch the games and not come awwy with reeves far and away is the top dog….just have a narrative before the first game tipped off
PlayerPPGFG%3PT%FT%RPGAPGSPGBPGTOPGMPGGP
Antonio Reeves2357.89 (33-57)56.25 (18-32)66.67 (8-12)2.751.250.7500.7528.34
Tre Mitchell14.557.5 (23-40)44.44 (8-18)100 (4-4)7.754.511.5232.464
Justin Edwards14.540 (22-55)30.43 (7-23)77.78 (7-9)6.52.251.750.5224.84
DJ Wagner1442.11 (18-39)33.33 (6-18)66.67 (2-3)34.751.250.52.530.34
Reed Sheppard8.550 (12-24)30.77 (4-13)85.71 (6-7)2.255.751.751.251.7521.374
Adou Thiero7.545.83 (11-24)0 (0-6)57.14 (8-14)5.7531.751.250.526.84
Robert Dillingham5.531.03 (9-29)14.29 (1-7)100 (3-3)2.253.50.2501.2517.14
Jordan Burks4.2566.67 (8-12)25 (1-4)3.750.50.510.517.34

Based on box scores, Reeves and Mitchell were the best players by far. They carried the team, really.
I don’t think either is a better basketball player than Edwards or Wagner, but they both did their jobs extremely well. Reeves was aggressive and on fire, while Mitchell made the correct basketball play time and time again.

I love Reed. He's really good already and going to be a blast to watch. He will be 6th or 7th man this year and a star next.

Reactions: KARLITO12
I love what I've seen of Reed Sheppard so far but it's probably a stretch to say he's the best player on the team. Here's what I'll say- he is way beyond what I expected based on recruiting rankings and expert evaluations. He made some bad plays in that championship game, though, especially in the first half. He looked a bit shaky in fact.

But Reeves doesn't have to be the best player on the team for the team to be a success. There were multiple guys who played well- Reeves, Edwards, Mitchell, Wagner, Sheppard, and Thiero all had some good games. We don't win those 4 games without ALL those guys. They all stepped up in key moments for the team and they shared the ball very well, averaging almost 26 assists per game.

But just trying to point out ONE guy as "the best player" at the expense of the other guys isn't helpful. It creates a rivalry that isn't needed. It's like me picking a favorite child from my 5 kids. It's not helpful.

Statistically, the statement is just flat-out false, by the way. He was first in assists per game. He was 5th in scoring. He was 4th in 3pt percentage. He was 5th in rebounding. He was 2nd in blocks (still very impressive for a guard). He was 3rd in FT%. So, overall, he was only the best in assists.

I think Edwards and Wagner will end the season as our two best players. They are potential lottery picks. For us to be great, our elite talent has to play like elite talent.

Reeves and Mitchell need to provide experience and leadership.

But our stars have to be Edwards and Wagner.

Just my opinion.

Mitchel might be the most complete player on this team. He shoots well,is a great passer,plays defense and rebounds at a high level. Really excited for this team that we got him.I thought Sheppard had his worst game in final. He seemed pressured at times and tried to go to fast. That said he is a major talent and will see alot of action THIS year

Reed reminds me of a former player, super calm, who handled things so consistently well... every time he had the ball in his hands thing just went well: Travis Ford.

D Angelo didn't play at UK. Nice try with Anderson and Rondo. Close but no cigar. Rondo could not shoot in college and Anderson was simply not the all around player Shep is.
Anderson was a 1st team All American and only played half the season that year lol. Reed is a a heck of a player but there is no need to put this kind of pressure on him as a fan base.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT