ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting question

Comebakatz3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2008
If anyone can answer this I would appreciate it, if not (because of premium information or whatever) then I also understand. I was just wondering what kind of interest we had in 2017 linebacker T.D. Blackmon. I've watched the kid play several times as a freshman and a sophomore and the kid is just an amazing football player. In the state championship game last year he blocked a 32 yard field goal attempt with no time left on the clock to take the game to overtime. Then, in overtime, he sealed the game with an interception when the opposing team tried to win the game on a two point conversion. Here is his hudl. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2788072/td-blackmon Rivals says we have interest in him, but doesn't have that we, or anyone else, have offered. Anyway, any information would be appreciated.

If anyone can answer this I would appreciate it, if not (because of premium information or whatever) then I also understand. I was just wondering what kind of interest we had in 2017 linebacker T.D. Blackmon. I've watched the kid play several times as a freshman and a sophomore and the kid is just an amazing football player. In the state championship game last year he blocked a 32 yard field goal attempt with no time left on the clock to take the game to overtime. Then, in overtime, he sealed the game with an interception when the opposing team tried to win the game on a two point conversion. Here is his hudl. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2788072/td-blackmon Rivals says we have interest in him, but doesn't have that we, or anyone else, have offered. Anyway, any information would be appreciated.

Not sure but think he may be a fall back option. UK probably has only 2 more scholarships to give in this class and one is likely to go to an OLB. They seem to like Watson from the DVM area. They also had interest in Miller from Fla who committed to NC St last week.

Blackmon looks like a good prospect but may be just a notch below the others. Maybe he's just a little short on speed to play OLB in the SEC.

Not sure but think he may be a fall back option. UK probably has only 2 more scholarships to give in this class and one is likely to go to an OLB. They seem to like Watson from the DVM area. They also had interest in Miller from Fla who committed to NC St last week.

Blackmon looks like a good prospect but may be just a notch below the others. Maybe he's just a little short on speed to play OLB in the SEC.

Blackmon is in the 2017 class. I think the two you referenced are in 2016. Still, Blackmon may be a fall back in 2017. I am not sure what we will need in that class as well.

2017 OLB not 2016, 2 more Schollys doesn't apply.

Just wanted to give you guys some updated videos of TD Blackmon. I'm telling you, this guy has the best linebacker instincts that I've ever seen. He's also an outstanding student. Really hope UK gives this guy a serious look.

The video below is from this past Saturday's Fulton game. He only played part of the game due to dehydration, but still made a huge impact. Maryville (6A) had a 31 game winning streak and Fulton (4A) had a 36 game winning streak. Maryville won the "battle of champions" 49-18.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2788072/highlights/283351285/v2

Just wanted to give you guys some updated videos of TD Blackmon. I'm telling you, this guy has the best linebacker instincts that I've ever seen. He's also an outstanding student. Really hope UK gives this guy a serious look.

The video below is from this past Saturday's Fulton game. He only played part of the game due to dehydration, but still made a huge impact. Maryville (6A) had a 31 game winning streak and Fulton (4A) had a 36 game winning streak. Maryville won the "battle of champions" 49-18.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2788072/highlights/283351285/v2

Kid has good size for a HS JR OLB. Being only a few miles down the road from UT he will be a hard pull for anyone if they offer. Is the Fulton school a Tennessee school too? Several of the top teams in Georgia played out of state teams in their openers this year and a few of them are playing each other. This weekend Buford the defending 4A champion currently has a 32 game win streak and has lost a total of 10 games and won 9 state championships during that time plays 6A McEachen who is one of the favorites to win 6A, states largest. Both have multiple SEC/ACC type recruits. Probably not as many as Archer but there will be 10-14 kids in the game who will play ACC/SEC or other P5 conference ball.

Fulton is actually a school inside of Knoxville, Tenn. They have been excellent over the past 4-5 years. Maryville has been a school that has dominated Tennessee football for almost 2 decades. Maryville has won something like 74 of their last 75 games, only losing in the state championship game several years ago on a two point conversion in overtime. I believe they have won something like 11 state championships in 15 years. Maryville has not played out of state opponents, but has played some of the best teams in the state of TN, including playing Alcoa (Randall Cobb's school) annually.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT