ADVERTISEMENT

Record post-October since 2020

Pathetic! I just seen, don’t know if it’s true and maybe someone can confirm that Brohm after year 1 will have more wins against winning teams than Stoops in 11

Has to be. I got same overall record. I didn't add n any from 2020 though.

It is...I just figured it out. Yeah, not great.

That said, from '16-'19 he was 16-16.

I've been a lot of people's target for my opinions today...maybe I am still jaded from my time at UK, but I just don't ever see us consistently being better than what we've been under Stoops....don't care who the coach is. 7-5, 8-4 chance to win 8 or 9. Occasional 10 wins...that is tops IMHO.

It is...I just figured it out. Yeah, not great.

That said, from '16-'19 he was 16-16.

I've been a lot of people's target for my opinions today...maybe I am still jaded from my time at UK, but I just don't ever see us consistently being better than what we've been under Stoops....don't care who the coach is. 7-5, 8-4 chance to win 8 or 9. Occasional 10 wins...that is tops IMHO.
Why is Missouri able to compete better in the SEC than UK. They are having a great year despite an inexplicable loss at home to LSU and just flat out boat raced UT today. Also gave GA all they wanted and had a chance in the 4th to win before losing by 9.

Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
Why is Missouri able to compete better in the SEC than UK. They are having a great year despite an inexplicable loss at home to LSU and just flat out boat raced UT today. Also gave GA all they wanted and had a chance in the 4th to win before losing by 9.

Losing to lsu isn't inexplicable. Lsu is a good team on offense. Lsu could have easily won at ole miss and has lost to bama, Ole miss and fsu.

Losing to lsu isn't inexplicable. Lsu is a good team on offense. Lsu could have easily won at ole miss and has lost to bama, Ole miss and fsu.
Inexplicable not the best choice of words there but a game at home they should have won with the year they are having. Question remains though, why can they do it but it’s impossible for us? The answer obviously is it’s not impossible, you just have to have the right fit of players and right coaching staff leading those players. If missouri played the same style we played, they likewise would not be as good as they are.

Inexplicable not the best choice of words there but a game at home they should have won with the year they are having. Question remains though, why can they do it but it’s impossible for us? The answer obviously is it’s not impossible, you just have to have the right fit of players and right coaching staff leading those players. If missouri played the same style we played, they likewise would not be as good as they are.

I agree with you there. If they beat Florida and Arkansas they will have a better record this year than Stoops has managed in 11 regular seasons.

It is one year man. Missouri, 5-5, 6-7, 6-7 the last 3 years.

I get that is is frustrating, but one season shouldn't be an indictment for Missouri to be better than UK.

It is one year man. Missouri, 5-5, 6-7, 6-7 the last 3 years.

I get that is is frustrating, but one season shouldn't be an indictment for Missouri to be better than UK.
You are the one who insuated that no coach could come to UK and do better than going 5-3 in the SEC. Missouri has two 7-1 records and likely getting to 6-2 this year. So again why can it be done there 3 times in 11 years yet it’s impossible to be done here regardless of who the coach is? Think my question to you is a fair one given your stance.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
You are the one who insuated that no coach could come to UK and do better than going 5-3 in the SEC. Missouri has two 7-1 records and likely getting to 6-2 this year. So again why can it be done there 3 times in 11 years yet it’s impossible to be done here regardless of who the coach is? Think my question to you is a fair one given your stance.

Don't believe I said that. I said we couldn't consistently compete against top of SEC at UK.

Missouri seasons you are referring to are a decade ago. This is one season, too. If he builds off this and they are a consistent contender, maybe something to be said for it.

Last piece, Missouri and UK are different places. Missouri is cleaning up with NIL right now....state law advantage.

Don't believe I said that. I said we couldn't consistently compete against top of SEC at UK.

Missouri seasons you are referring to are a decade ago. This is one season, too. If he builds off this and they are a consistent contender, maybe something to be said for it.

Last piece, Missouri and UK are different places. Missouri is cleaning up with NIL right now....state law advantage.
You did state that 8 win seasons, maybe 9 tops with an occasional 10 win season a possibility is the best we could ever hope for. A 10 win season in my eyes as we have seen it twice is going 5-3 in the SEC 4-0 out of conference and a bowl win. I get two of their great SEC records were a decade ago but again the statement we could EVER hope for is what I was trying to convey here. Missouri has done better, currently doing better, and maybe that is due some to NIL but their coaching staff still has to coach the players and put them in position to win. They easily could have won both games they lost this year. They were competitive. That’s really all we want here, look like we belong from time to time, not get down 21-0 to every team ranked in the top 10 we play.

Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT