ADVERTISEMENT

Re-thinking our new court

Wonky

Junior
Jan 16, 2021
Since the new court had to be sent back, I think this gives UK an opportunity to come up with a better design. Looking around the nation, there are a ton of schools that have the state outline at center court. In our own conference alone I can think of Arkansas, Missouri, and Mississippi State and I’m sure there are more. It used to be somewhat unique, now it’s getting really generic; particularly the darker colored wood look versus a colored state like UNC and Indiana have. One thing UK basketball should never be is generic. So my question is what would YOU prefer at center court? Personally I’d like the UK logo from the 90’s with the snarling Wildcat.

This at midcourt:
Rupp_Arena_center_court_circle.jpg

One baseline needs to have "Wildcats" I also like the bold font better:
43ae3ca6d8cd50b8451e801bbebd50bb.jpg

This was a cool concept but it just didn't translate to TV. I like the absence of checkerboard and I like the Rupp/Central Bank logo. Everything else should be changed:
aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL3VrYXRobGV0aWNzLWNvbS8yMDIzLzExLzc4MTQzYTNiLXJ1cHAtYXJlbmEtZmxvb3IuanBn.png

I like them trees at Oregon.

No shit. I love that court. I also want our new logo at half court. Y’all would die if I got to pick this stuff out

Last edited:
Reactions: WildcatsAndBourbon
The weird shape of Kentucky makes it a bad state for such a large graphic. Wouldn’t be bad at half the size. Would also look classier that way. I do love mid-century so I agree with the idea at the top of the post. I also wish we’d go back to a deeper blue instead of the nearly electric blue that is used now.

Use the state but thinky paint the county boundaries in it. All counties will feel represented. Only Texas and Georgia have more counties than Kentucky.

The weird shape of Kentucky makes it a bad state for such a large graphic. Wouldn’t be bad at half the size. Would also look classier that way. I do love mid-century so I agree with the idea at the top of the post. I also wish we’d go back to a deeper blue instead of the nearly electric blue that is used now.
We’ve never had a deeper blue. That was because jersey manufacturing was pretty piss poor as far as color shades went. Look at tennessee football in the 90s. Almost yellow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT