ADVERTISEMENT

Rankings / Projections May 22

backinky2018

Freshman
Sep 14, 2021
UK is now 25 in D1 baseball and 21 in Baseball America.

It seems like most projections still have UK as a regional host, albeit barely. There are 9 teams from the SEC vying for host spots, so I really think UK needs to win on Tuesday against Alabama to feel good about it.

Reactions: dtjr and K86
I’m not buying that Bama and Auburn both host. I do think the loser of UK/BAMA will find itself traveling for their regional. Kentucky can probably still host with a loss, but I wouldn’t hold my cards there.

Reactions: backinky2018
D1 baseball has UK as the 9 overall seed. Pretty surprised that we're still that high.

It's clear that we're now ahead of South Carolina in the pecking order and just slightly ahead of Alabama and auburn. One win over Alabama should put us in great shape to hold on. It clearly lengthens our lead on Bama. South Carolina has to play Georgia tomorrow and then will have to play LSU if they win. As long as they don't win two games in those two, then we should remain ahead off them.

Baseball America has now released their projection and UK is the number 11 national seed (paid with Clemson at 6).

IT's pretty clear at this point that UK is probably locked in as a host so long as they beat Bama today. Lose, and it's still possible, but I think a win leaves no doubt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT