ADVERTISEMENT

Question on Recruiting Rankings...

teetim

Sophomore
Gold Member
Oct 20, 2007
I notice three of our recruits have no rating from Rivals. I know it doesn't really matter. I was just wondering in what scenario that happens...

still early for some. depending on the kid and the hs he plays for... some do not camp until the summer before their sr year. whole lot of these kids will do a "rating service" camp or 2 then get evaluated. some will be happy with their offer sheet and only camp at those schools and will either get the generic 3* or may remain unrated. that second group it kinda depends on the offers. if enough big boys offer and he's not been evaluated then they will usually make them 3*.

Seems the staff has gotten in on some recruits before other schools. Some of our commitments received offers from traditional powers after they committed to the Cats. I suspect our staff also beat this site in its evaluation.

Seems like UK is being unfairly penalized here, it would be nice for us to take our proper place in the team rankings, it is nice publicity and some recruits would notice (like they did in 14) if we were higher even though it won't mean a whole lot when the biggies sign the five stars and others that can afford to wait. It particularly hurts UK because while we have three unrated commits, only four teams in the top ten have one, and they only have one. If the three that we have unrated were only given a 5.5 rating (all will be three stars IMO, and our others average a 5.575 rating) we would rise from our present team ranking of 12th to 7th in the nation.

A couple of reasons for the non ratings are all three are from Ohio I believe and IIRC they don't have spring football and are in other sports so don't get to the camps as much.

I notice three of our recruits have no rating from Rivals. I know it doesn't really matter. I was just wondering in what scenario that happens...

They either haven't attended any camps to get evaluated by the people who do that or they don't have any or enough film out to be evaluated. It isn't because they are undeserving of a ranking, just not enough info to give them a fair one.

Ross is a JUCO, so you probably wont see a serious rating, maybe ever.

Holtzclaw is an OH WR who is running some track now the last time I saw...and I don't believe OH has spring football.

Rose recently camped at a Rivals event, so I would expect a ranking when they update those next.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT