ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions/wants for final 3-4 roster spots

Give me an elite talent with Robinson and I'm all in. Anything more than that and I'll be elated.

Peterson "Reopened" His recruitment by the way. I have seen his name mentioned some over the last few days. He's now completely open citing all the coaching moves.

That should just about close the door on a reclass and commit to UK. If that was the plan there would be no need for this. I would assume if he does stay in 25 we will continue recruiting him.

I don't think Pope is promising minutes, but is promising multiple minutes, if they are a starter or a reserve. I hope Pope uses all of the scholarships, for some players to prep, for the following season.
That's why I was surprised when Butler's dad posted he chose Kentucky to be the starting pg on a bigger stage.

Reactions: cornbreadnmilk
My wish list:

1. Lanier
2. Poplar
3. Robinson
4. Wells
5. Boyed

Get any three of those are we're set.

9 players in 2 weeks and few days. Impressive job by Pope and coaching staff!

As far the remaining position , hopefully we can get another pg and 2 energy guys at 3 and 4 that can rebound, and score at high clip inside out. Ideally from these guys that are testing the waters in nba.

Uncommitted portal highest ranked players :

Sticking with my post from last night after today’s additions:

Robinson and Toppin (or similar forward) would give you at least two deep at every position (exact positions and order probably not accurate):

Butler-Kriisa-Perry
Brea-Kriisa-Chandler
Robinson-Oweh
Carr-Toppin
Williams-Garrison

All of the “second/third string” sans Kriisa would be freshman or sophomores this upcoming season as well, keep the NIL money flowing and we’d return five guys with a year of experience in Pope’s system and coming off a year of practice against full grown men. If you could swing a Poplar or a driving guard/forward without causing any chemistry issues, I think it would be a good idea to give Pope plenty of options until he’s returning players with experience in his system.

If we are filling all 13 available spots, then I would like to see us add:

1 PG
1 SG
1 SF
1 PF

Ideally, the PG would be one of Kadary Richmond, Javon Small, or Deivon Smith. A highly unlikely but an acceptable additional option would be returning D.J. Wagner from the portal. I know he didn't wow people as a freshman, but I think he could really grow into the role as a sophomore, especially with competent coaching and an actual system he didn't receive from Cal.

At SG I would hope to see one of Chaz Lanier or Wooga Poplar. It would be really hard to go wrong with either of these outstanding options.

At SF, I would prefer one of Jaylen Wells or Jaxson Robinson, though I wouldn't turn down Trazarian White if he wanted to come.

And at PF, I would love to grab either JT Toppin or Norchad Omier. I don't see much else out there in the portal to get excited about at the position, unless we just used Jaylen Wells as a makeshift 4.

Obviously, some of those guys at the 2 and 3 are probably interchangeable. If we can't find someone we really want at a given position, then instead of just adding a body, I would rather we go with the best available player regardless of position. And if faced with a situation where I could only add wings, I might even opt to leave a scholarship unfilled. We don't want to end up with 6 or 7 guys fighting for 2 spots.
How much would your wish list cost?
How much has already been spent?

What is everybodies predictions or wants for the final roster spots?
For me if you deivon smith or kadary Richmond want to come you 100 perfect take them
- if the one of the 2 PGs doesn’t come, go get poplar, Robinson, and a serviceable big, like a lance ware type guy or maybe a big little better than that. And roll with a team full of multiple shooters and good defensive pieces
Poplar, Robinson, Wells, Smith type. 2 of them and maybe a Peterson reclass or something. We need 2 high level scorers to add.

JT Toppin
Achor Achor

That's the list. Those two make us a top 5 team.

I think we end up with either Jaylen Wells or Jaxson Robinson. If we land Toppin or Achor, we are in it big time in 2024-25.

Toppin, Peterson, and Jasper Johnson to round out the team.

We are missing an athletic big at the 4 spot to make our 4-5 rotation complete. Toppin gives us that.

We need an elite scoring wing. Peterson gives us that.

Johnson is a Kentucky kid. Love to have another homegrown/legacy player this season.
Where in KY is Jasper Johnson from ? Who are (as we say in the country) "his people"?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT