ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions/wants for final 3-4 roster spots

Dontworryboutit23

All-American
Jan 4, 2022
What is everybodies predictions or wants for the final roster spots?
For me if you deivon smith or kadary Richmond want to come you 100 perfect take them
- if the one of the 2 PGs doesn’t come, go get poplar, Robinson, and a serviceable big, like a lance ware type guy or maybe a big little better than that. And roll with a team full of multiple shooters and good defensive pieces

Smith, Richmond, Small or Peterson would be the ideal choices. Davis and Osobor would have also been ideal but that’s gone. I don’t care who it is, it just can’t be more role players averaging 7-12ppg from wherever they’re coming from. We need 2 to 3 high level scorers.

What is everybodies predictions or wants for the final roster spots?
For me if you deivon smith or kadary Richmond want to come you 100 perfect take them
- if the one of the 2 PGs doesn’t come, go get poplar, Robinson, and a serviceable big, like a lance ware type guy or maybe a big little better than that. And roll with a team full of multiple shooters and good defensive pieces
I hope, and believe, that we are full-court pressing all of the following kids.

Robinson
Osobor
Smith
Peterson
Richmond
Poplar
Lanier

If we can can get at least 2, we are competitive. We get 3, let's go! 4? Top 5 team in the country and probably a favorite for the National Championship!

No more role players, except for Boyed! We are running out of roster spots and need bonafide playmakers badly!

It’s likely not going to be another PG. Robinson, Richmond, Lanier or an unknown scoring guard/wing. Toppin or Omier as another 4 are probably unlikely but we need 2 more rotation players.

Robinson or Poplar, depth stretch 4. Roll. No sense in having more than 11 imo. Obviously you can have practice bodies for guys 12 and 13 if you really want but filling them with actual players because you can buy them with NIL is begging to mess up chemistry.

Reactions: ukfan1622
I don't think Pope is promising minutes, but is promising multiple minutes, if they are a starter or a reserve. I hope Pope uses all of the scholarships, for some players to prep, for the following season.

Reactions: westerncat
I hope, and believe, that we are full-court pressing all of the following kids.

Robinson
Osobor
Smith
Peterson
Richmond
Poplar
Lanier

If we can can get at least 2, we are competitive. We get 3, let's go! 4? Top 5 team in the country and probably a favorite for the National Championship!

No more role players, except for Boyed! We are running out of roster spots and need bonafide playmakers badly!
Osobor is out, think poplar & Robinson are the targets, wells will be one if he comes back to college, and a outside chance at Lanier

Reactions: Justwantadecentteam
Robinson or Poplar, depth stretch 4. Roll. No sense in having more than 11 imo. Obviously you can have practice bodies for guys 12 and 13 if you really want but filling them with actual players because you can buy them with NIL is begging to mess up chemistry.
Yeah I think the next big being someone who can shoot will be important. ideally a plus rebounder too. I’d be perfectly content if Pope went down the portal rankings to find that fit.

Toppin, Peterson, and Jasper Johnson to round out the team.

We are missing an athletic big at the 4 spot to make our 4-5 rotation complete. Toppin gives us that.

We need an elite scoring wing. Peterson gives us that.

Johnson is a Kentucky kid. Love to have another homegrown/legacy player this season.

I think they can get both poplar and Robinson. And just have 8-10 guys who can all shoot and be interchangeable

Reactions: JASUN74

We are missing an athletic big at the 4 spot to make our 4-5 rotation complete. Toppin gives us that.

Johnson is a Kentucky kid. Love to have another homegrown/legacy player this season.
When did Johnson reclassify?

I think they are locked in Robinson

Reactions: BassProCat
I just have a hard time seeing enough time and opportunity to go around. A 4 is a must though. Can’t just have 3 players on the whole roster who could guard someone in the post.
The good thing about guys like Oweh, Robinson, brea and poplar is they are between 6’5 & 6’8, so they can be versatile and help in paint defense, but a guy like toppin would be somebody interesting to look at

I would take Poplar now and one of Robinson, Wells, Richmond. The last two could maybe a KY kid like Tandy or Harmon.

Reactions: jace2012
If we are filling all 13 available spots, then I would like to see us add:

1 PG
1 SG
1 SF
1 PF

Ideally, the PG would be one of Kadary Richmond, Javon Small, or Deivon Smith. A highly unlikely but an acceptable additional option would be returning D.J. Wagner from the portal. I know he didn't wow people as a freshman, but I think he could really grow into the role as a sophomore, especially with competent coaching and an actual system he didn't receive from Cal.

At SG I would hope to see one of Chaz Lanier or Wooga Poplar. It would be really hard to go wrong with either of these outstanding options.

At SF, I would prefer one of Jaylen Wells or Jaxson Robinson, though I wouldn't turn down Trazarian White if he wanted to come.

And at PF, I would love to grab either JT Toppin or Norchad Omier. I don't see much else out there in the portal to get excited about at the position, unless we just used Jaylen Wells as a makeshift 4.

Obviously, some of those guys at the 2 and 3 are probably interchangeable. If we can't find someone we really want at a given position, then instead of just adding a body, I would rather we go with the best available player regardless of position. And if faced with a situation where I could only add wings, I might even opt to leave a scholarship unfilled. We don't want to end up with 6 or 7 guys fighting for 2 spots.

Smith, Richmond, Small or Peterson would be the ideal choices. Davis and Osobor would have also been ideal but that’s gone. I don’t care who it is, it just can’t be more role players averaging 7-12ppg from wherever they’re coming from. We need 2 to 3 high level scorers.
Man you put 12-13 guys together and they’re going to figure it out. The cream will rise to the top and one or two guys will take those leadership roles. Almost everyone we have can score 20 plus on any given night but we’re not going to have to rely on that. We’re going to actually become a team full of players who just want to do everything to win every single game. That’s more important than just having a number one draft pick type player and a bunch of duds. My opinion of course. Now I do think we’re going to get a couple more players who may have that type of impact but they’re also going to have to play team first basketball. Again, my opinion. I do however get/see your point and want some big time already proven players. Well get them I do believe. I’m having too much fun. Haha.

Reactions: BC_Wader
Love the way the team is coming together. Still need to get a "dude", but confident CMP will find one. The amount of experience we have is something we've all been wanting. I think we're gonna surprise some people this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT