ADVERTISEMENT

Predict the order of finish in the SEC East

TTU/UK fan

Senior
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2011
Adding in the predicted record for each
(Please view the schedules before throwing out records)

1. Georgia 10-2
2. Kentucky 9-3 :)
3. Mizzou 7-5
4. Tennessee 6-6 (good team, hard schedule)
5. Florida 4-8
6. USC 4-8
7. Vandy 3-9

1. Georgia
2. Tennessee
3. Kentucky
4. Mizzou
5. Florida
6. USCjr.
7. Vandy

1. Georgia 10-2
3. Mizzou 7-5
5. Florida 4-8
6. USC 4-8
7. Vandy 3-9

1.Georgia. (Chubb's)
2.Tennessee..
3.Mizzou.
4.kentucky.
5.Florida.
6.usc
7.vandy.
P.S. I think usc/FL/KY/mizz are all really close to the same level!

Reactions: Jdhays21
1. Mizzou (11-3)
2. Georgia (10-3)
3. South Carolina (9-4)
4. Tennessee (8-5)
5. Kentucky (8-5)
6. Florida (7-6)
7. Vandy (3-9)

Reactions: woodson991
1. Missouri (until proven otherwise)
2. Georgia (loaded, but no decided QB)
3. Tennessee (makes me sick...)
4. Kentucky
5. Florida (McIlwain's in for a rough introduction)
6. South Carolina (TOBC will be calling impromptu press conferences on a regular basis. Will get ugly in Columbia.)
7. Vanderbilt

1. Georgia
2. Tennessee
3. Missouri
4. South Carolina
5. Florida
6. UK
7. Vandy
I think Kentucky will get to a bowl game at 6-6. However if UK surpasses my expectations I will not be surprised.

1. Missouri
2. Georgia
3. Tenn
4. Kentucky
5. Florida
6. USC
7. Vandy

Georgia - Ride Chubb all season long
Tennessee - I hate it. But, a gut feeling
Kentucky - Major improvements. Surprise a few teams this year
Missouri - Same record as UK. Cats win due to winning head to head
USC - Spurrier is losing his touch
UF - A down year for UF. They will be back though
Vandy - No reason needed.

1. Georgia
2. Missouri
3. Tennessee
4. South Carolina
5. Kentucky
6. Florida
7. Vandy

I don't know, but Vandy will be last and UK won't be far in front of them. This is UK football we're talking about. After 35 years I can't cut them any slack.

Reactions: Cardraven
I don't know, but Vandy will be last and UK won't be far in front of them. This is UK football we're talking about. After 35 years I can't cut them any slack.

Lighten up Franacis, it is only the third year of the new UK football program, great things are starting to happen.

1. Georgia 10-2
3. Mizzou 7-5
5. Florida 4-8
6. USC 4-8
7. Vandy 3-9

My first thought is very overly optimistic on UK this year, definitely predicting UK to win pretty every swing game on the schedule I guess. I hope you are right, and I'm not sure how UT's schedule is very hard. I guess we can agree to disagree there, but other than @Alabama, UT and its fans can feel good about winning every game potentially. I do not see 10-2 as some do, but I think 8-4 is a better bet than 6-6.

1. UGA
2. UT
3.. Missouri
4. SC
5. UK
6. FL
7. Vandy

After reading the Athlon preview, I feel better about UK winning more games than I originally thought. I'm going to say 7-5, 3-5 in the conference instead of my previous 6-6 "safe" prediction. I think they win the 4 OOC, beat Vandy, and then win 2/4 of FL, Missouri, SC and MSU. I have no idea which 2...they could win all 4 (there's your 9 wins OP!) or lose all 4...you never know with UK football. I am not even considering @UGA, Auburn or UT as potential wins as of now. UGA on the road, enough said...AU is too explosive on offense and the D will be better...and UT has beat UK so many times in the last 25+ years, and hammered them 50-16 last year in Knoxville. The game being in Lexington will make it a battle this time, but ultimately it is hard to pick against UT in the UT/UK game...given what both teams have coming back. If UT had lost their whole team I'd be more confident we could make up a 5 touchdown defeat. Home field is huge, but it will take an excellent effort, forcing turnovers, scoring a lot of points, UT having an off day, etc, to pull that one off I'd say.

As far as the games I feel we have good chances in. I like that SC and FL do not have any real stability at QB, and the fact we get them both early in the season. I like the Missouri game at home, and they lost a lot on defense and at WR on offense. UK needs to score some darn points this year against them and they will win the game, simple as that. Last year's game was so ugly to watch, and with a halfway decent offensive showing UK could have won. @MSU is trickier because it is on the road (Like @SC will be), but other than Prescott...not much back. If you hold a gun to my head I'll say UK wins the 2 home games against FL (the streak is over!) and Missouri the next week. Winning on the road in the SEC is tough so not as confident there, but as I said above I really have no idea which 2...I just feel UK is good enough to win 50% of these pivotal games (3/5 when you factor in the UL game, but I think UK wins that by double digits).

Lighten up Franacis, it is only the third year of the new UK football program, great things are starting to happen.

I'm like the 50-year old British soldier in WWII who also fought in WWI. You can tell me it's going to be different, but I know damn well that war, I mean UK football, is hell.

I'm like the 50-year old British soldier in WWII who also fought in WWI. You can tell me it's going to be different, but I know damn well that war, I mean UK football, is hell.

Actually WWII was fought very differently than WWI. It was hell, but things did change. The British lost half as many military personnel in WWII as they did in WWI. They fought smarter, limited their casualties...tactics and strategy changed. War is definitely hell, but it doesn't have to be as bad as it used to be.

Actually WWII was fought very differently than WWI. It was hell, but things did change. The British lost half as many military personnel in WWII as they did in WWI. They fought smarter, limited their casualties...tactics and strategy changed. War is definitely hell, but it doesn't have to be as bad as it used to be.

Tell that to the guy pissing himself in a fox hole.

Mizzou running into some struggles. Lost two defensive backs in the past week, and have already had questionable depth all over. Could see them falling further at this rate.

1. Georgia
2. Mizzou
3. Tennessee
4. South Carolina
5. UK
6. Florida
7. Vandy

Could also see Mizzou and UT flip flop or could see UK and USC tied.

1. Kentucky 8-4 (5-3)
1. Tennessee (8-4) (5-3)
1. Georgia 9-3 (5-3)
4. Mizzou 7-5 (4-4)
5. USC 5-7 (3-5)
6. Florida 5-7 (2-6)
7. Vandy 3-9 (1-7)

Kentucky beats both UT and Georgia to win the East in a 3 way tie break.

Actually I believe all preseason predictions including my own are mostly worthless as the unexpected always happens, but since this is unexpected I'm predicting it. Hey even the blind squirrel finds the nut every once in a while.:)

Tell that to the guy pissing himself in a fox hole.
they didn't have foxholes in ww1, they had trenches.

i think UK could finish anywhere from 3 to 6. we have to be better but we kinda need scar and missouri to not play out their minds this year too.

If I recall most of us were complaining about preseason rankings say that once Phil Steele came out we'd have a more accurate set of expectations for this season.

Obviously, we are still a season away from having a real chance of winning 8 games.

The fact that Steele had Louisville 20 spots ahead of us blows my mind but I imagine that I have some special insight that he doesn't.

You guys just need to be ready for a 6 win season and know that we are still a year away from crashing the party.

Reactions: footballfanatic77
If I recall most of us were complaining about preseason rankings say that once Phil Steele came out we'd have a more accurate set of expectations for this season.

Obviously, we are still a season away from having a real chance of winning 8 games.

The fact that Steele had Louisville 20 spots ahead of us blows my mind but I imagine that I have some special insight that he doesn't.

You guys just need to be ready for a 6 win season and know that we are still a year away from crashing the party.
steele is better than most but they cant follow every team as closely as us fans do. he goes by last years #'s the same way others do hes just better at breaking them down than others.

but most of these analyst dont consider that badet and montgomery were probably 2 of our top 4 receivers last year and they didn't play because of injury, we had 4 jucos starting on D that just got to campus as fall camp was starting and flannigan was actually after camp had started, we had depth issues because we were preserving rs's instead of burning them for a small help last year, and last that we have a very talented qb that was a first year starter with a top 10 schedule and a very young roster around him.

steele is better than most but they cant follow every team as closely as us fans do. he goes by last years #'s the same way others do hes just better at breaking them down than others.

but most of these analyst dont consider that badet and montgomery were probably 2 of our top 4 receivers last year and they didn't play because of injury, we had 4 jucos starting on D that just got to campus as fall camp was starting and flannigan was actually after camp had started, we had depth issues because we were preserving rs's instead of burning them for a small help last year, and last that we have a very talented qb that was a first year starter with a top 10 schedule and a very young roster around him.

Oh, don't worry...Wildcard and the other guy will be here any minute to tell us why UL is ranked so much higher than us and why Phil Steele is the godfather of football.

1. Georgia
2. Tennessee
3. Missouri
4. Florida
5. Kentucky
6. South Carolina
7. Vanderbilt

SEC East doesn't appear to be much stronger than what it has been the previous few years. Florida and South Carolina will be pretty similar to last season. Missouri isn't winning 10 games this season. Even Georgia, who I think wins the east, will be starting a new quarterback this year. Tennessee is a trendy pick because they probably have as much talent as anyone, just very young. Kentucky could have one of the best offenses in the conference this year but there's still a lot of questions on defense. The Cats are still a year away from legitimately competing for the east. Vanderbilt will probably go 0-8 in the SEC again.

Wildcard wasn't the one touting Phil Steele as the "Godfather" of football it was our guys saying he was the best analyst out there.

Look, I love Hatcher. He's gonna be all SEC by his sr. season, but Bud Dupree was probably the best defensive player to wear the blue and white in over a decade. He single handily won the USCjr game for us and 'Z' was the main reason we were a dropped int away from stomping the black birds.

I don't know how Stoops game plans without those two guys in the edge. I doubt we are going to have any outside rushers who are going to be taken in the first three rds of the draft next year which means we aren't replacing them with equal talent.

Towles and Boom will put the ball in the end zone but we need to keep teams out and until I see something on the field I am not going to predict more than six wins this season.

Everyone just needs to cool their expectations a bit because if you really want to hang your hat on the young players and their recruiting rankings you have to remember that every team we have to beat to get over six wins had higher recruiting classes than us for the last decade.

Then stop posting and return to the basketball board.

I didn't say I was a turncoat. I've just got too many scars to be optimistic!
I think we all share your pain to a degree. Getting optimistic about something that has sucked for nearly all eternity is difficult.

I do, however, think we at least make a bowl game this year, and from all of the positive things I've heard this offseason I wouldn't be surprised if we managed 7 regular season wins(and this is coming from someone who predicted a sub .500 record each of the last 4 seasons, so I'm exactly a sunshine pumper). Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic, but it wouldn't surprise me too much.

With that said, here's my order of finish in the SEC East:

1. Georgia
2. Tennessee
3. Missouri
4. South Carolina
5. Kentucky
6. Florida
7. Vandy

New players bring hope, but the impact of new players is difficult to predict. Elam, Barker, Hytchye were highly anticipated and celebrated, but have made little impact so far. Blake McClain, an under the radar signing, had a large impact from the get go. Steele and other mags mostly base their predictions on last year's performance, and that usually works. Most fans base their predictions on their hearts. The improvement of a young team with lots of freshman and sophomore talent is the hardest to predict. Kentucky fits this description. Considering our schedule, a range of worst case to best case would be 5-8 to 8-5. All along, I have predicted 6 or 7 wins for this team. I predict Georgia wins the East, while Kentucky will finish 4th or 5th out of 7 in the East. Our key SEC games will be Florida, South Carolina, Missouri. I think we will win 2 out of those 3.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT