ADVERTISEMENT

Pre-Season Projections - How did they turn out?

mcnicKY91

Sophomore
Aug 6, 2021
Now that the regular season has come to a close, how close (or far) were the Cats from y'alls preseason projections??

I had UK going 24-7, 14-4 in conference. Darn that put back against LSU, or that loss at home to FL....

I didn't make any projections like that. But Bradshaw definitely NOT what I expected
Much, much, much more production from Reed than I expected.
Adou has been about what I figured - really need him to knock down open shots moving forward
Team defense much worse than I expected, but offense much better
DJ and Justin are getting there, but their struggles were worse than I expected

I had us 24-7, 12-6 in SEC with losses at UT, UF, aTm, MSU, Auburn and Arkansas.

We did worse overall and better in the SEC.

I had the correct SEC record thinking 13-5 could win it. Off by 1 game with the latter. Probably the strongest SEC in my lifetime.

Reactions: will1976
I would say honestly the record is about where most thought they would be at the beginning, the wins @ Auburn and @UT were unexpected and the losses to UNCW and @LSU were unexpected, so they kinda even out. End up splitting with UT and Florida which most expected. Beat UNC but lose to Gonzaga, win @ Miss St., lose at USC. It's funny the record is pretty much as expected but it's just weird how they got their with all the road wins, which actually is better for their tourny resume.

I think I had us with 11 losses (too lazy to go back and check). 10 losses are still very much in play.

I think I projected exactly what they did, because I recall thinking we'd lose in the SECT or NCAAT and it would be another double-digit loss season.

But, this team is SO much better than I thought they would be. That's why the eight losses is so disappointing.

I believe I said 24-7, 13-5. So off 1 game overall, spot on for SEC except I thought 13-5 would win (or tie) SEC title.

Don't remember what I thought about overall record, but thought we would go 15-3 in SEC with maybe 14-4. Still believe if we had been totally healthy from the beginning and stayed that way (and especially if Z had been declared eligible by 1st of Dec), we would have been at least 25-5 or 26-4 and won the SEC and looking at the last 1 seed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT