ADVERTISEMENT

Portal players we've reached out to per Kyle Tucker

There’s a lot of valid points here. But if I could go anywhere in the country and get paid to do so, not sure I’d want to compete with guys projected to be top picks in the upcoming draft. We focus on the coach’s side of the equation but when kids have so many good options available to them, I think it’s important to look at it from their perspective for their decision.
I understand that. You're right. Plus, I understand my idea of the way it should work may not be how it works in reality. I expect coaches have to make all kinds of promises to get players.

Hopefully if Oscar is gone, we go after Dickenson, dude is a monster. I think with Bradshaw being able to protect and play outside at the 4 he would be very good in the middle.
I love Dickinson.

Hopefully if Oscar is gone, we go after Dickenson, dude is a monster. I think with Bradshaw being able to protect and play outside at the 4 he would be very good in the middle.
Dickinson would be good, but the problem with him is you have to play a slowed down pace all game and he is a worst defender than Oscar was. You take him if he wants to come here for sure, but there are some issues. Ware from Oregon and handlogten from Marshall are way better fits for what Kentucky wants to do next year

Wth are you talking about?
I’m talking about Tucker being the same guy who reported Wheeler would play in the tournament games. That WTH I’m talking about!! His info is about as accurate as our three point shooting.
Little on edge about Wheeler or Tucker?

Dickinson would be good, but the problem with him is you have to play a slowed down pace all game and he is a worst defender than Oscar was. You take him if he wants to come here for sure, but there are some issues. Ware from Oregon and handlogten from Marshall are way better fits for what Kentucky wants to do next year
Yeah I agree but he’s serviceable as a defender but he’s a 20/10 kinda guy proven against high level teams. Can’t beat that out of a portal or for a freshman. Ware is the exact kind of player who disappoints us every year under Cal. Looks like a NBA player, shows out in practice or summer, shoots 35% for the year and averages 5 and 4 in 25 minutes a game or something. Non skilled and can’t handle the ball.

Yeah I agree but he’s serviceable as a defender but he’s a 20/10 kinda guy proven against high level teams. Can’t beat that out of a portal or for a freshman. Ware is the exact kind of player who disappoints us every year under Cal. Looks like a NBA player, shows out in practice or summer, shoots 35% for the year and averages 5 and 4 in 25 minutes a game or something. Non skilled and can’t handle the ball.
Agree.

Dickinson on this current roster would cause all sorts of issues IMO. I would be surprised to see Cal reciprocate interest if the random article is true.

To me Dickinson is an ideal UVA player and is actually from VA.

Ware from Oregon makes more sense but I think Cal needs to be looking for PFs and not Centers.

Reactions: jbne222
Agree with this. We need toughness. An aspect I think he would bring is that he is a great passer. I could see his ability to rebound and pass up the floor with the speed of the guards being very valuable.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
Dickinson on this current roster would cause all sorts of issues IMO. I would be surprised to see Cal reciprocate interest if the random article is true.

Ware from Oregon makes more sense but I think Cal needs to be looking for PFs and not Centers.
Yeah he’s a great player but the last thing we need is a high usage center on next years team. I think he’d raise our floor but lower our ceiling

Ware and Bradshaw could Play together
Both can play inside and out
Both can hit the jump shots
Could Be a lot of pick and rolls with those guys
Of course would have to have a coach smart enough to use them

Ware and Bradshaw could Play together
Both can play inside and out
Both can hit the jump shots
Could Be a lot of pick and rolls with those guys
Of course would have to have a coach smart enough to use them
I may be in the minority but I don’t think Bradshaw is versatile enough for the 4. I don’t think he can handle the ball or be a consistent enough shooter at the 4. I think he’s perfect for a versatile 5 and I don’t know why you’d want to and try to play him at the 4 next to someone like Ware.

I may be in the minority but I don’t think Bradshaw is versatile enough for the 4. I don’t think he can handle the ball or be a consistent enough shooter at the 4. I think he’s perfect for a versatile 5 and I don’t know why you’d want to and try to play him at the 4 next to someone like Ware.
This is a good post. Although in college it’s an easier transition from 4-5 and vice versa. The next level he is a 5 all the way. Plus he has awesome rim protection skills.

Reactions: EKYCard643
Cal has got to show some self-improvement over the summer and fall. Remember when he said he used to run on the treadmill for five miles a day? Where is that guy? Andy Murray is playing tennis with metal hips at the highest level, the least Cal could do is give a little bit of physical effort.

I’d give a million dollars of someone else’s money if Cal would spend the off season doing nothing but come up with a way he (by himself) could make a 8 point improvement per game from the sideline. And the condition is it can have nothing to do with the players.

Example:
Underneath inbounds plays- 2 points

Mixing up defense to slow other guys down- 2 points

Recognizing and taking advantage of mismatch during game- 2 points

Recognizing foul/bonus/double bonus situation to force action to create fouls on our end and go zone to keep from fouling in their end- 2 points .

Last edited:
Another good post turned into a Cal hate fest. Some of you eat, drink and sleep Cal. He’s our coach for at least 1 more year, so give it a rest, or continue on with your ignorant Groundhog Day stupidity.
Thanks for the choices, Captain Hall Monitor.

Yeah he’s a great player but the last thing we need is a high usage center on next years team. I think he’d raise our floor but lower our ceiling
I think you want the high floor player out of the portal.
Ware is a gamble. Could be WCS or just a slightly better Collins.
Dickinson is a weapon other teams would have to contend with out of the gate.

You are correct. Having two post guys that are not efficient at posting up, dribbling, or shooting does not look like a solution. The added rim protection would not make up for that.

Reactions: EKYCard643
I like Hunter.People keep comparing him to Oscar but he can hit the 3.

They do? Compare them how? They couldnt be more different. Ones a 7'1 white guy who can hit 3s and hook shots and tons of post moves and defend inside but lacks pure toughness where the other is an undersized 6'8 power house who plays next to 0 defense snd can't hit a 3 but is as tough and strong as they come who's main calling card is hustle and heart.

You are correct. Having two post guys that are not efficient at posting up, dribbling, or shooting does not look like a solution. The added rim protection would not make up for that.
Not talking about Lance ware
Both Bradshaw and the kid from Oregon are pretty good offensively, both can block some shots and get some rebounds should be able to play well with Edward's and Wagner with Pick and rolls

May be hard to get a couple of really good players. The priority of 5 stars for Cal is well known. How many of the top guys would trust getting a fair shot at playing time?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT