ADVERTISEMENT

Popes staff —3 additions.

Here's my post on Hart from Saturday--so I did go public with my thoughts on him.

I'll throw a guy out there that needs a job--current G-League Team Ignite Coach and former Syracuse PG Jason Hart. He was teammates with Mark Pope in Milwaukee and has a lot of great connections in Grassroots/AAU world. He was an Assistant at USC under Andy Enfield and with Team Ignite shutting down-could be looking for work.

No rumor/info-just me throwing a name out there that could fill a recruiting void.
You called that Shiz! I remember that post.

Here's my post on Hart from Saturday--so I did go public with my thoughts on him.

I'll throw a guy out there that needs a job--current G-League Team Ignite Coach and former Syracuse PG Jason Hart. He was teammates with Mark Pope in Milwaukee and has a lot of great connections in Grassroots/AAU world. He was an Assistant at USC under Andy Enfield and with Team Ignite shutting down-could be looking for work.

No rumor/info-just me throwing a name out there that could fill a recruiting void.
Do you know anything about Jared haase from standford, that’s a name being floated around for the final spot

Do you know anything about Jared haase from standford, that’s a name being floated around for the final spot
We all know about Haase. He was a former Assistant for Roy Williams at Kansas and UNC after transferring from Cal to play for Roy at Kansas. Personally I'd rather get a younger recruiter because I think Pope's got the X's and O's part down-need those connectors and recruiters. Haase has been around a while--but I'd go younger personally but it's Pope's program so if that's direction he chooses so be it.

I'm a big fan of Kanaan Carlyle who is in the Portal and taking an OV to IU.

We all know about Haase. He was a former Assistant for Roy Williams at Kansas and UNC after transferring from Cal to play for Roy at Kansas. Personally I'd rather get a younger recruiter because I think Pope's got the X's and O's part down-need those connectors and recruiters. Haase has been around a while--but I'd go younger personally but it's Pope's program so if that's direction he chooses so be it.

I'm a big fan of Kanaan Carlyle who is in the Portal and taking an OV to IU.
Carlyle is one I like as well. He and Shulga are the two guards I watched some that I really like

Get Lucas back, and bring in Rondo.

Send Lucas, Rondo, and Hart out to land kids and they'd collectively napalm the recruiting competition.

Yeah lets take what one of the best strategic basketball minds and put him out on the recruiting trail. Why in the world would Rondo take that gig?

He'd be the most knowledgable guy in the room and substantially overqualified for that role.

Yeah lets take what one of the best strategic basketball minds and put him out on the recruiting trail. Why in the world would Rondo take that gig?

He'd be the most knowledgable guy in the room and substantially overqualified for that role.
I didn't know that recruiters were only allowed to recruit and could never offer coaching feedback, do workouts with players, come of up with schemes, or breakdown footage.

That's a fascinatingly limited perspective on your end.

Reactions: delk4three
Maybe we don’t know that for sure, I would like Rondo’s input in the game though. His BBIQ is off the charts.
We don't know it for sure, but you've already got Lucas and Hart in that scenario. Rondo simply becomes a third voice, and a vital one, who connects the dots to what those two would already do on the recruiting trail.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I didn't know that recruiters were only allowed to recruit and could never offer coaching feedback, do workouts with players, come of up with schemes, or breakdown footage.

That's a fascinatingly limited perspective on your end.

"Offer coaching feedback" -- lol
"Hey Rajon, you're more accomplished and revered than any of us here. Do you have any thoughts on how we should attack this 1-3-1? And then after that go to Houston and watch a 4-star wing we're interested in."

Like I said over qualified.

"Offer coaching feedback" -- lol
"Hey Rajon, you're more accomplished and revered than any of us here. Do you have any thoughts on how we should attack this 1-3-1? And then after that go to Houston and watch a 4-star wing we're interested in."

Like I said over qualified.
I actually offered more in my assessment than "offer coaching feedback."

So if you want to be obtuse, have at it. But it shows you're not willing to actually engage in a conversation. Par for the course for you. You're one of our worst posters, and have been for a long time.

There's actually quite a few posters here who don't even think you cheer for Kentucky. At the very least, you've been Cal's shoeshine boy for the last few years. Very telling.

Now that we have some indication of three members of our staff, is there any way to read tea leaves and deduce who the former cat might be? Or if we're still in line to get an alum on staff?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT