ADVERTISEMENT

Pope met with…..

I love these guys! I made a post on another thread. I don't think the UK fan base understands how great these guys are. Apparently they were high school teammates in England as well. Williams is more Defensive and Osobor is more offensive. They are in my opinion the two best bigs in the portal right now for Pope's system. They can both really pass the ball. I think we could legitimately have the best frontcourt in the SEC next year. I'm super excited!

Saw a story from when Jaxson Robinson transferred to BYU and he mentioned an "immediate bond" with Pope. There's nothing really tying him down to BYU. And I don't think he's a Mormon lol. Not sure he'd want to transfer for the 3rd time though.

Robinson gives you your rich man's Allen Edwards.

I love his game. Multipositional and would be a 5th year player who knows Pope's system.

He's the one I want the most.

Saw a story from when Jaxson Robinson transferred to BYU and he mentioned an "immediate bond" with Pope. There's nothing really tying him down to BYU. And I don't think he's a Mormon lol. Not sure he'd want to transfer for the 3rd time though.

If we can't get a commitment from a kid by offering sex, booze and caffeine.. then I never want to hear about the UK tradition being a factor ever again. That argument is dead. And that decision should really sober up the final few who think kids give a shit about tradition/fanbase/legacy in ANY school.

If we can't get a commitment from a kid by offering sex, booze and caffeine.. then I never want to hear about the UK tradition being a factor ever again. That argument is dead. And that decision should really sober up the final few who think kids give a shit about tradition/fanbase/legacy in ANY school.
Some kids do still care. A few high profile transfers not caring, in my opinion, doesn't mean the argument is dead. Travis Perry committed because UK is the dream even though he was told he wouldn't play. The fact that it took so long for Sheppard to labor over the decision of being a high lottery pick or a hometown legend is further testament to UK's tradition and pull being so strong.

They're Kentucky boys, sure, but BBN is ubiquitous. Moreover, if Calipari doesn't have the same recruiting success at Arky despite better NIL than what he had while he was here, I think that's further proof of the Kentucky Effect.

Just my 2¢, but then again, I've been known to play the optimist.

I read where he had been praised for being a high academic athletic . His mother being reluctant for him changing schools again. May be influence on him staying at BYU.

I love these guys! I made a post on another thread. I don't think the UK fan base understands how great these guys are. Apparently they were high school teammates in England as well. Williams is more Defensive and Osobor is more offensive. They are in my opinion the two best bigs in the portal right now for Pope's system. They can both really pass the ball. I think we could legitimately have the best frontcourt in the SEC next year. I'm super excited!
One is really Great. Hope the other one is too.

Osobor kinda reminds me of a slightly more athletic Nazr Mohommed. Which is a good thing!

I thought Osobar could play the 4 with his offensive skills but reading more it seems he is more a five? Williams is one I wanted as soon as he hit the portal. He is a true five, maybe the best defensive 5 in the land. And efficient on offense, does not take the three and shot 51%.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT