POLL: Is there a God ??

Is there a God ??

• Yes

Votes: 194 77.0%
  • No

Votes: 58 23.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
It is a human entity, especially in the way we know JC.
Can't really argue around the intentions or capabilities of a superhuman entity beyond our comprehension. If He/She/It made a earthly son and wrote about in a manual -- sure why not. Really all of the arguments in this thread are useless in this context. So for example, if He/She/It demands that people believe in He/She/It to get to "heaven"(also a creation of He/She/It) and denies those who lived a good life with good works because they didn't believe in He/She/It, who am I to question this -- after all this is what He/She/It wants and it is written in He/She/It's manual !

Atheists discussing the existence of God love to move the subject away from abiogenesis, the improbability of life, the mysteries of the Big Bang, and the evidence of design, because it demonstrates where their beliefs demand faith from others. So you don’t believe in the Christian God and think Jesus literally changed the world without being God or without knowing the one true God. Okay, but the idea of God’s existence is not limited to that faithful belief.

Why should anyone choose the atheist faith? It has no moral certainties, so morality moves as people deem. The good news … and the bad … is that your morality is as correct as anyone else’s morality (thankfully for you, it is founded on Judeo-Christian beliefs, so you do live in a pretty safe place). So, the atheist has a girlfriend, but he also actively and unabashedly objectifies an d pursues other women. Atheists love that! No problem. Use her or him and then move along, your satisfaction is paramount.

It has no hope, so if your life is sucking … well, find yourself a community of atheists and be uplifted by the belief that this is all there is and when you die you, it’s over!! Slavery? There is no atheist foundation for the abolition of slavery, that is why communism is based upon getting rid of God and why Christians led the abolition of slavery in the West.

Be an atheist. But, do not act as if your faith is more righteous than others’ faith. And, don’t pretend you are the moral ones. But, then, honesty is not an atheist virtue. How could it be?

Be an atheist. But, do not act as if your faith is more righteous than others’ faith. And, don’t pretend you are the moral ones. But, then, honesty is not an atheist virtue. How could it be?
Your second sentence can’t be serious. Christians have that behavior monopolized. They are the ones believing their religion is more righteous and therefore everyone else is wrong. When the argument about allowing religion in schools or politics comes up, it’s always Christians that want their religion there. Allow another religion in and your heads would explode. It’s ok if it’s a Christian prayer group that meets at school. If it was a Jehovah Witness, Buddhist, or Muslim, the world would end.

Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
Your second sentence can’t be serious. Christians have that behavior monopolized. They are the ones believing their religion is more righteous and therefore everyone else is wrong. When the argument about allowing religion in schools or politics comes up, it’s always Christians that want their religion there. Allow another religion in and your heads would explode. It’s ok if it’s a Christian prayer group that meets at school. If it was a Jehovah Witness, Buddhist, or Muslim, the world would end.
I like how you avoided most of my post. That omission actually demonstrates the validity of those points. Thanks.

Oh oh! Christian says atheists are self-righteous! Can that actually be??? :)

Yeah. I am serious. Read this thread and every other one where you atheists self-righteously attack and mock the Christian’ sincere beliefs. See how atheists blow gaskets over the idea of prayer. See how they repeatedly attack Christian businesses.

Case closed. Move along.

I like how you avoided most of my post. That omission actually demonstrates the validity of those points. Thanks.

Oh oh! Christian says atheists are self-righteous! Can that actually be??? :)

Yeah. I am serious. Read this thread and every other one where you atheists self-righteously attack and mock the Christian’ sincere beliefs. See how atheists blow gaskets over the idea of prayer. See how they repeatedly attack Christian businesses.

Case closed. Move along.
I didn’t say atheists weren’t righteous but you said they act the most righteous. That’s simply false. You prove that Christians feel they are the only religion that is true. It is the religion and everyone else are sinners who are wrong. Every single post by Christians in this thread yours included show that.

Case closed. Move along.

Also note…I’m not an atheist. I’m agnostic if anything. I simply have no use for organized religion full of hypocrites like you and the many other “Christians” in this thread.

Most nominal Christians aren’t: one isn’t Christian simply by going to Church or professing Christ even.

And all Christians are sinners too. You don’t automatically stop being one if you accept Christ, but a genuine Christian is in the process of becoming Christ like, who was the only one who was not a sinner.

I didn’t say atheists weren’t righteous but you said they act the most righteous.
False. This faulty reading is the source of your consternation and has wasted time for you and me.

Or, you are flat out lying hoping readers won’t go back and see what I actually said.

That’s simply false. You prove that Christians feel they are the only religion that is true. It is the religion and everyone else are sinners who are wrong. Every single post by Christians in this thread yours included show that.

Case closed. Move along.

Also note…I’m not an atheist. I’m agnostic if anything. I simply have no use for organized religion full of hypocrites like you and the many other “Christians” in this thread.
But I love hypocrites like you.

False. This faulty reading is the source of your consternation and has wasted time for you and me.

Or, you are flat out lying hoping readers won’t go back and see what I actually said.

But I love hypocrites like you.
Yawn. You’d know hypocrisy. You certainly show it very day. I’m not lying. I never said that atheists weren’t righteous. I said Christians are the ones who act like their religion is more righteous and that’s the truth. You have done so this entire thread. Your narcissism simply won’t allow you to admit it. Everyone can go back and read what I wrote. It’s about 5 or so posts above.

Yawn. You’d know hypocrisy. You certainly show it very day. I’m not lying. I never said that atheists weren’t righteous. I said Christians are the ones who act like their religion is more righteous and that’s the truth. You have done so this entire thread. Your narcissism simply won’t allow you to admit it. Everyone can go back and read what I wrote. It’s about 5 or so posts above.
The fact that you cannot own your mistake about what I actually posted and now want to rabbit hole this on your claim of hypocrisy is evidence you just flat out lied.

My post:

Your false claim:
I didn’t say atheists weren’t righteous but you said they act the most righteous. .

TC, this is not the first time you have been caught misleading in an attempt to make a point or look superior on this site.

Have a better day.

The fact that you cannot own your mistake about what I actually posted and now want to rabbit hole this on your claim of hypocrisy is evidence you just flat out lied.

My post:

Your false claim:

TC, this is not the first time you have been caught misleading in an attempt to make a point or look superior on this site.

Have a better day.
Semantics...my point still remains...you can argue over the use of a single word all you want which is the only argument you have...I typed most when we have always been talking about more righteous...it was an honest mistake yet you act like it was the smoking gun in a murder trial...that is your MO though...you think it makes you look superior when in fact it shows how petty and trivial you truly are...instead of looking at the overall picture and point of the argument, you look into the minutia to feed your superiority complex...I mistakenly typed the wrong word in typing quickly and multitasking...I meant to type more...Any sane person would understand and realize that...then there is you.

Semantics...my point still remains...you can argue over the use of a single word all you want which is the only argument you have...I typed most when we have always been talking about more righteous...it was an honest mistake yet you act like it was the smoking gun in a murder trial...that is your MO though...you think it makes you look superior when in fact it shows how petty and trivial you truly are...instead of looking at the overall picture and point of the argument, you look into the minutia to feed your superiority complex...I mistakenly typed the wrong word in typing quickly and multitasking...I meant to type more...Any sane person would understand and realize that...then there is you.
I don’t have to defend a statement I never made. If you want to discuss something I actually posted, let me know.

I don’t have to defend a statement I never made. If you want to discuss something I actually posted, let me know.
I was responding to your post. I mistakenly in my haste typing used the word most in my second post which you have used to deflect from the actual topic we were discussing. As I said, any sane person would recognize that and then there is you.

I was responding to your post. I mistakenly in my haste typing used the word most in my second post which you have used to deflect from the actual topic we were discussing. As I said, any sane person would recognize that and then there is you.
Your comment had nothing to do with what I actually posted. So, “we” were not discussing anything. You misstated and misunderstood. The combination of those two facts have made sane discussion impossible.

Your comment had nothing to do with what I actually posted. So, “we” were not discussing anything. You misstated and misunderstood. The combination of those two facts have made sane discussion impossible.
You changed the subject after my first post that pointed out the hypocrisy in your original post...You decided to focus on semantics instead of having a normal conversation. You do you though.

You changed the subject after my first post that pointed out the hypocrisy in your original post.
You claimed I was a hypocrite (sometimes, most people are) But, my post was not hypocritical.

..You decided to focus on semantics instead of having a normal conversation. You do you though.
I responded to your words and the meaning of your words. Comprehend and write better and that won’t happen. But, you want to blame me for your mistake. Some might call that hypocritical.

You claimed I was a hypocrite (sometimes, most people are) But, my post was not hypocritical.

I responded to your words and the meaning of your words. Comprehend and write better and that won’t happen. But, you want to blame me for your mistake. Some might call that hypocritical.
I'm not blaming you for my mistake. I simply pointed out a sane person would realize a simple mistype while someone who wasn't sane would latch onto it and make it the focal point. Everyone can see clearly which one you are.

I'm not blaming you for my mistake. I simply pointed out a sane person would realize a simple mistype while someone who wasn't sane would latch onto it and make it the focal point. Everyone can see clearly which one you are.
Sounding it bit self-righteous, TC. Especially since my admonition was not directed toward agnostics.

Except you made the statement directed at me saying "you atheists".
After you felt the need to defend the faith of atheists, I incorrectly deducted that the defensive responder must be an atheist. Now I know.

Faith is faith. I don’t know why an agnostic would believe in abiogenesis, but if you do, you have faith. So, anyone who demean’s other people for having faith is the hypocrite.

You’re a mean person.

Well Excuse Me GIF by StarTalk Radio with Neil deGrasse Tyson

Atheists discussing the existence of God love to move the subject away from abiogenesis, the improbability of life, the mysteries of the Big Bang, and the evidence of design, because it demonstrates where their beliefs demand faith from others. So you don’t believe in the Christian God and think Jesus literally changed the world without being God or without knowing the one true God. Okay, but the idea of God’s existence is not limited to that faithful belief.

Why should anyone choose the atheist faith? It has no moral certainties, so morality moves as people deem. The good news … and the bad … is that your morality is as correct as anyone else’s morality (thankfully for you, it is founded on Judeo-Christian beliefs, so you do live in a pretty safe place). So, the atheist has a girlfriend, but he also actively and unabashedly objectifies an d pursues other women. Atheists love that! No problem. Use her or him and then move along, your satisfaction is paramount.

It has no hope, so if your life is sucking … well, find yourself a community of atheists and be uplifted by the belief that this is all there is and when you die you, it’s over!! Slavery? There is no atheist foundation for the abolition of slavery, that is why communism is based upon getting rid of God and why Christians led the abolition of slavery in the West.

Dude, you’re broadbrushing and being rather sanctimonious here.

You get upset when Christians are broad-brushed. Stop being a hypocrite.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT