POLL: Is there a God ??

Is there a God ??

• Yes

Votes: 183 75.9%
  • No

Votes: 58 24.1%

• Total voters
Back to some substance.

There is no current scientific evidence for the theory of abiogenesis, despite some posters’ misunderstandings and gullibility demonstrated on this page. Yet, I am willing to bet most people who post on this board were taught that theory in school. There is more scientific evidence for design. However, because atheist’s beliefs on religion are permitted to influence teaching in public schools, most publicly educated people did not learn of design in school.
Ooh an extra special fourth classic of the Caveman debate strategy, a quadfecta if you will. Not @-ing someone when talking about them. And you managed to do it in exactly four posts, a new record. Congrats.

Also very convenient of you to disregard the lack of scientific evidence that proves the existence of a God.

Ooh an extra special fourth classic of the Caveman debate strategy, a quadfecta if you will. Not @-ing someone when talking about them. And you managed to do it in exactly four posts, a new record. Congrats.

Also very convenient of you to disregard the lack of scientific evidence that proves the existence of a God.

First, get over yourself.

Second, I posted what I meant and meant what I posted.

Aww. It’s cute when you try to be creative with insults. You failed horribly but that was simply precious. So very Christian like of you as well. If you were half as perfect as you thought you were, they would have nailed your dumbass to the cross instead of that other poor schmuck.
Perfect example of internet tough guy that wouldn’t say some shit like that in Publix to someone’s face. Literally perfect example.

We have a real life pussy right here gang!
I always figured if you don’t give a crap about right and wrong, a book of fairy tales ain’t gonna help you. And if the only thing holding you back from committing a “sin” is a book of fairy tales, you’re not a good person. You’re a bad person on a leash.
You’re exactly correct for the most part. Bad people that need help is EXACTLY what religion is trying to help.

This exact scenario is spoken of in the Bible actually so good call bro!

Mark 2:17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Aka, he’s on earth for sinners, not the righteous. You don’t call a doctor when you’re healthy usually, you do when you’re sick.

Perfect example of internet tough guy that wouldn’t say some shit like that in Publix to someone’s face. Literally perfect example.

You’re exactly correct for the most part. Bad people that need help is EXACTLY what religion is trying to help.

Mark 2:17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Aka, he’s on earth for sinners, not the righteous. You don’t call a doctor when you’re healthy usually, you do when you’re sick.
I most certainly would say something like that to his face, your face, or anyone else’s face. I didn’t threaten or anything. I simply called someone out who claims to be a Christian for their lack of Christian behavior. He is a dumbass.

It does seem that people that turn to xianity for the first time as adults do so when they are low points in their life. Alcoholics that have bottomed out, drug addicts, people in prison. When folks have nothing else to lean on, religion serves as a convenient crutch.

And as you perfectly stated in your last sentence, if you don’t require a crutch, religion is unnecessary.

It does seem that people that turn to xianity for the first time as adults do so when they are low points in their life. Alcoholics that have bottomed out, drug addicts, people in prison. When folks have nothing else to lean on, religion serves as a convenient crutch.

And as you perfectly stated in your last sentence, if you don’t require a crutch, religion is unnecessary.
It’s never NECESSARY to get through life but it can absolutely help everyone. So you’ve admitted it can help, so why give a shit about people practicing it and shit on them?

And of course they turn to it as adults. If you didn’t grow up in it, (how many kids ask to go to church?) why would you turn to religion until you really needed some help or had a major event?

Most happy satisfied people don’t go looking to make changes.

You and the others that love this thread more than ardent Christians may be happier with it in your life as well but have no idea as you haven’t given it a shot with an open mind and heart.

And you can all bet your happy asses you’re no different during a crisis or seeing your death in front of you.

As the saying goes, everyone in a foxhole is praying to God, religious or not.

I most certainly would say something like that to his face, your face, or anyone else’s face. I didn’t threaten or anything. I simply called someone out who claims to be a Christian for their lack of Christian behavior. He is a dumbass.
You literally said he should be nailed to a cross…. How is that not somewhat of a threat lol?

And you may say that to my face but you’d look pretty silly afterwards, that’s a fact that science can prove 😘.

You literally said he should be nailed to a cross…. How is that not somewhat of a threat lol?

And you may say that to my face but you’d look pretty silly afterwards, that’s a fact that science can prove 😘.
I said if he was half as perfect as he thought he was they would have nailed him to a cross not that he should be nailed to the cross. I guess you missed hyperbole day during English class.

And I would say it to your face. How you react is on you. Are you going to react like the Christian you portray yourself to be or are you a fraud? Regardless, if you resorted to violence then you could deal with the repercussions both in your hypocrisy of your “faith” and the various legal issues that will also follow which I can assure you would follow. That’s a fact that science, political science, and theology can prove pumpkin.

It’s never NECESSARY to get through life but it can absolutely help everyone. So you’ve admitted it can help, so why give a shit about people practicing it and shit on them?

And of course they turn to it as adults. If you didn’t grow up in it, (how many kids ask to go to church?) why would you turn to religion until you really needed some help or had a major event?

Most happy satisfied people don’t go looking to make changes.

You and the others that love this thread more than ardent Christians may be happier with it in your life as well but have no idea as you haven’t given it a shot with an open mind and heart.

And you can all bet your happy asses you’re no different during a crisis or seeing your death in front of you.

As the saying goes, everyone in a foxhole is praying to God, religious or not.

Trust me, I would not be happier if I suddenly started thinking that myths were factual. I’d be sad that I’d lost my ability to reason, and to differentiate between fantasy and reality. I’d likely have myself committed.

When death is in front of me I’d no sooner turn to your god than I would to any of the other estimated 4,000 gods that have been dreamed up. I’ll simply be grateful to have lived and loved, and I’ll be comfortable knowing that I’ll return to the same nothingness I was in for the first 13.7 billion years that the known universe has been around.

I said if he was half as perfect as he thought he was they would have nailed him to a cross not that he should be nailed to the cross. I guess you missed hyperbole day during English class.

And I would say it to your face. How you react is on you. Are you going to react like the Christian you portray yourself to be or are you a fraud? Regardless, if you resorted to violence then you could deal with the repercussions both in your hypocrisy of your “faith” and the various legal issues that will also follow which I can assure you would follow. That’s a fact that science, political science, and theology can prove pumpkin.
I too am a sinner my friend. Far as TOUCH from perfect. And what you say to my face is on you as well pal, remember that.

Life is full of repercussions and I’m not the right guy to think legal issues concern me, bubba and for better or worse God would forgive me as well.

I don’t have kids or wife, with my experience I can get a job tomorrow to replace the one I already wouldn’t lose for whatever legal issues you’re saying I would have. So that’s cute, you people living in fantasy world where you can walk around spouting off to anyone is a real special place I reckon.

A favorite quote of mine, “Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they can be impolite without having their skulls split as a general thing”
-Robert E Howard

Also, you’re assuming what I would do, I didn’t say I’d do anything, just that you’d look silly afterwards.

I too am a sinner my friend. Far as TOUCH from perfect. And what you say to my face is on you as well pal, remember that.

Life is full of repercussions and I’m not the right guy to think legal issues concern me, bubba and for better or worse God would forgive me as well.

I don’t have kids or wife, with my experience I can get a job tomorrow to replace the one I already wouldn’t lose for whatever legal issues you’re saying I would have. So that’s cute, you people living in fantasy world where you can walk around spouting off to anyone is a real special place I reckon.

A favorite quote of mine, “Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they can be impolite without having their skulls split as a general thing”
-Robert E Howard

Also, you’re assuming what I would do, I didn’t say I’d do anything, just that you’d look silly afterwards.
No sillier than someone placing their hopes and dreams on a Jewish book of fairy tales like you do.

And I will point out only one of the two of us has made any statements that could be perceived as a threat. If you can’t handle someone telling you the truth to your face, then you have bigger problems than what sky daddy to worship.

No sillier than someone placing their hopes and dreams on a Jewish book of fairy tales like you do.

And I will point out only one of the two of us has made any statements that could be perceived as a threat. If you can’t handle someone telling you the truth to your face, then you have bigger problems than what sky daddy to worship.
I was more referring to if you said to me I should be nailed up on a cross, I don’t give a shit what you say about Jesus or Christianity, no skin off my nose. I just don’t know why you care so much?

What’s actually missing in YOUR life where you spend it fighting on a keyboard all day about something you don’t believe in?

Do you go this hard on a David Copperfield Magician thread?

Do David Blaine stunts make you this upset?

I was more referring to if you said to me I should be nailed up on a cross, I don’t give a shit what you say about Jesus or Christianity, no skin off my nose. I just don’t know why you care so much?

What’s actually missing in YOUR life where you spend it fighting on a keyboard all day about something you don’t believe in?

Do you go this hard on a David Copperfield Magician thread?

Do David Blaine stunts make you this upset?
I never said should. I said would and I never said it to you. I said it to Caveman since he posts in here with his nose so far in the air that he needs an appointment to bring it down.

You have a very different definition for fighting than I do. I made one single comment today that Caveman felt the need to respond to with insults and then you followed along with name calling because you said I wouldn’t say what I posted to someone’s face. I simply responded that I would say it to some ones face. You don’t want me to respond then don’t reply to me. Fairly easy concept.

As far as Copperfield and Blaine, people are smart enough to see it for what it is. Unfortunately, we can’t say the same for “Christians”.

I don’t care what faith you believe in. More power to you. I have a problem with someone looking down on others who don’t share that same faith. I have a problem with “Christians” who force that belief on to others like those videos that go viral where a group breaks into some sort of worship in an airplane at 30,000 feet or yell at kids on a college campus who are just trying to get to class. That isn’t just living your faith. It is forcing it on to others. Things similar to that are very evident on this thread and as a result, we react the way many of us have in this thread because you want to lecture us. That too is forcing your beliefs on others.

Last edited:
I never said should. I said would and I never said it to you. I said it to Caveman since he posts in here with his nose so far in the air that he needs an appointment to bring it down.

You have a very different definition for fighting than I do. I made one single comment today that Caveman felt the need to respond to with insults and then you followed along with name calling because you said I wouldn’t say what I posted to someone’s face. I simply responded that I would say it to some ones face. You don’t want me to respond then don’t reply to me. Fairly easy concept.

As far as Copperfield and Blaine, people are smart enough to see it for what it is. Unfortunately, we can’t say the same for “Christians”.

I don’t care what faith you believe in. More power to you. I have a problem with someone looking down on others who don’t share that same faith. I have a problem with “Christians” who force that belief on to others like those videos that go viral where a group breaks into some sort of worship in an airplane at 30,000 feet or yell at kids on a college campus who are just trying to get to class. That isn’t just living your faith. It is forcing it on to others. Things similar to that are very evident on this thread and as a result, we react the way many of us have in this thread because you want to lecture us. That too is forcing your beliefs on others.
Well I’ve never looked down on anyone for not believing but i I know people on here have and I way earlier made my point about how I felt about it, nor have I forced it upon others.

Well I’ve never looked down on anyone for not believing but i I know people on here have and I way earlier made my point about how I felt about it, nor have I forced it upon others.
Which is why I never made the cross comment to you. I will fully acknowledge you have been one of the very few to not do that.

Jesus did preach to us that when people slap us on the cheek (insult us) we are to turn the other cheek so they can slap the other. I don’t agree with the content of his post or the manner in which he said it, but we cannot return fire with fire. We must do everything we can to forgive and love our neighbors!

I say this also to remind myself of this. It’s easy to say, hard to do when someone is coming at you.

I didn’t become a Christian because I hit some low point. A lot of folks, probably just as many, turn away from religion when they hit a low point (parents losing a child, a child losing a parent, being a classmate of a mass shooter, being a victim of a heinous crime, etc).

I was raised Christian but did start to question my faith early on in college when I decided to major in biology. I wanted to study molecular biology and evolutionary theory anyway (to see the foundation for the scientific explanation to life’s origin). All my closest friends in hs were atheist or agnostic and most of them preferred scientific theory and I began wavering and so I explored it at a very liberal college with openly atheist professors (no qualms with that).

I came away reaffirmed of my Christianity. I just cannot accept that something can come from nothing. Time, matter, and space can’t just pop up. Something outside of those things had to create it. It is, currently, the most logical explanation imo.

Albert Einstein, a guy much smarter than you and me put together, tried to mathematically disprove God. Even created a fudge factor and still couldn’t do it.

I’m sure you have your reasons for your beliefs as well. But I would stay away from assuming why someone believes what they believe. People come to and leave religions for all sorts of reasons and circumstances. And given how much it goes both ways those circumstances shouldn’t be used to discredit the religion or philosophy rather you should argue the merit of the philosophy/religion based on solely that: its merit. Measured by historical primary sources, compared to new scientific findings, and the compiled information received by opening and questioning mind.

I made one single comment today that Caveman felt the need to respond to with insults
His hypocrisy isn't limited to this subject either. Pick any thread he has participated in and you will see it there too. I just stopped interacting with him because of it. He was a waste of time and energy.
The fact that Matteo’s conjoined twin would find his way into this thread to support his alter ego is really amusing. Thanks for stalking!!
Aww. It’s cute when you try to be creative with insults. You failed horribly but that was simply precious. So very Christian like of you as well. If you were half as perfect as you thought you were, they would have nailed your dumbass to the cross instead of that other poor schmuck.
He is a dumbass.

I forgive you @TCurtis75

Last edited:
The Christians here are lucky they grew up in a country where that's the most accessible religion.

I feel bad for the culturally isolated tribes or any people really that will never hear God's Word and therefore will never able to accept Jesus to go to heaven

But that child rapist that reads the Bible in prison and renounces his ways and accepts Jesus gets in one day.

Is this a sick joke, God?

The incompetence of a mighty being is laughable.

People who want prayer back in public schools bother me. Not all kids are Christian. Send your kid to a Christian school if you feel that strongly. I have a friend who goes on and on about it.

Have tried asking your friend if he’d be cool with it if it involved a prayer rug, and facing Mecca at high noon? I’d imagine his answer would be something like, “no, not THAT kind of prayer!”.

Have tried asking your friend if he’d be cool with it if it involved a prayer rug, and facing Mecca at high noon? I’d imagine his answer would be something like, “no, not THAT kind of prayer!”.

That sounds cool. Let all the praying kids pray. Good call Ohio! Who wouldathunkit!!

The eclipse can be explained with science. Primitive people who wrote tall tales would see this event and think it means the world is ending.

Reactions: megablue
Heartfelt congratulations to the ardent and committed xians that were raptured this afternoon during the eclipse. For all of you that got left behind, try harder and good luck next time around.
A lady who I grew up with, went from kindergarten through high school with and have been friends with on FB had posted stuff about yesterday being IT! and all of the trappings that were going to come with IT! I found it hilarious but was left feeling sad about her state of mind, and how she had gotten to this point.

Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
Bros I got raptured and it’s DOPE up here. Just a huge gym with a pool and gym bunnies everywhere. You suckers are dumb.

Why is God hateful? He didn’t create life so we’d live in utopia, that doesn’t do anything for anyone. Getting hammered in the beach with daily blowees would even get old for anyone.

Look at rock stars, many live a life of every awesome sin imageable and they to a man almost get married settle down and stop using drugs/drinking. Otherwise they’re dead from suicide, OD, etc and if still alive unhappy as touch.

So why do you want that? I think it’s way more interesting and fun to push through struggle than to live a posh life with no problems. People living those lives tend to create problems in their life.

Another reason to have an issue with God. He told Scott Drew to stay at Baylor. Impacting Kentucky Basketball is where we all need to draw the line on a higher power.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT