POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is not me defending Fox News (I've bashed them plenty on here). But thought I'd try and watch some day time news channels to see what they're talking about.

MSNBC: is Trump hurting his chances at reelection by not caring about risking the lives of first responders.

I chuckled and changed the channel to CNN

CNN: Tapper asks the governor of NJ, "you haven't really criticized Trump, is that because you're afraid that if you publicly criticize him he will take it out on you and your state and possibly put your people in harms way?"

I chuckled again and went back to MSNBC

MSNBC: bottom ticker says something along the lines of "Trump continues to use the virus to attack women"

Haha cable news is such a joke. To be fair I did flip to Fox and it was some fluff piece about a football player feeding kids.

Again this is not me defending Fox News. I think Hannity is just the right's version of Maddow. I think all of these channels are trash. I think Tucker has his moments and I find The Five entertaining but I don't get me news from them.

Do you manage a handsome Canadian with a vastly superior skill set to your own?

https%3A%2F%2Ffansided.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2018%2F04%2F456356324-philadelphia-flyers-v-new-york-rangers.jpg.jpg

"I hate to break it to you" is another one for me. I tend to have a bad filter when it comes to me telling someone how I feel about what they're doing. And for some reason like subconsciously I just think me starting it off with "I hate to break it to you" makes whatever I say okay to say haha.

Whether its something pointless and simple around the house or with my girl, or if its something major like Im telling a guy he needs to redo a weeks worth of code because its just not up to snuff. I always lead with "I hate to break it to you" and I tend to end the conversation with "It is what it is" haha.

HarmoniousShamelessAlleycat-small.gif

Is it really 10 times more deadly? Really? You only know that based on the numbers being reported. If you factored in everybody who’s either got it now but don’t give a shit because it’s just a little cough, or because you already had it back in December before all this came out. I post the rates of death on here occasionally based on the public data, but I’m well aware there’s plenty of people out there who may have it who will never get tested which would bring the rates of death down to where it’s more in line with the flu.
I think a big issue is that flu has been around forever & people having varying degrees of natural immunity. No one has seen this thing. It's like the Euros coming to the Americas & killing off the Injuns with their diseases.

I get where you are coming from. There's plenty to laugh at Trump about. I'm old enough to remember when we all made fun of all politicians regardless of party. SNL was actually funny back then. But Obama came along and people were afraid to pick on him because he is black. And now you have Trump who is crucified for EVERYTHING he does. It's made those on the right a little sensitive and defensive for sure. Personally, I'd love for all of us to get back to the days of making fun of politicians. Most of them are pretty useless anyway. But now instead of it being us vs them, it's more like Louisville vs Kentucky and fans have to cheer on their party no matter what.

Always had a good laugh at SNL's Prez skits through the years. That Kenan Thompson never put on a wig and a dress to spoof Michaelle obuma, tells you all you need to know about Saturday Nutless Live during the last decade.

Lib-dums damn near killed comedy when they declared the obuma administration as their sacred cows. SNL basically did the same Republican-Congress skit over and over. Hard to believe it was just a few years before that they (and all the late night hosts) were wide open and doing jokes about OJ's brutal murders.

There have
This is all bound up in your mind. You can't cite a bit of evidence of your conspiracy plot. All you got is unsupported supposition. The outcome was known & Massie was being a dick. Just who else said they voted no by voice? Who supported Massie outside this thread? I ain't sparing you nothing. Surprised you didn't trot out troll routine again.

A bit of evidence? They didn’t vote VH, that’s your evidence.
There is zero accountable there, in an election year on 2.2 trillion dollar bill, and apparently that’s just fine by you.
How exactly is it a dick move by Massie? You got irate over it, why?
No one voted on the Bill, that’s the point, and you are a troll, which is new for you under this screen name. 70 year old man my ass, if you are you’ve lived a sheltered life.

You’ll really be pisses when Massie when’s re-election.

There is zero accountable there, in an election year on 2.2 trillion dollar bill, and apparently that’s just fine by you.
No one voted on the Bill, that’s the point, and you are a troll, which is new for you under this screen name. 70 year old man my ass, if you are you’ve lived a sheltered life.
A voice vote is a vote. You seem to miss that. I've explained Massie & my belief enough. That you don't get it ain't on me. Yea, you aren't over the top on your nonsense here.

Sounds like stimulus money isn’t going to be distributed until at least the middle or end of April. And the system is going to be completely overwhelmed. My guess is well into May.

Ya I have no problem laughing at Trump or conservatives. I thought Matt Damon's Kavanagh skit was pretty hilarious.

The issue I have with SNL and all of the talk shows and crap now is just how lazy they've all become. It's the same dumb Trump jokes over and over again. I chuckled the first few times I heard them, but SNL and every talk show host doing the same joke night after night, week after week, it has become tiresome to listen to.

That is why I loved prime South Park. Prime South Park was excellent at just flat out basing both sides. Made fun of Bush, made fun of Obama. Made fun of "liberal pussies" and "white trash rednecks".

Nothing worse than rehashed lazy comedy.

Just did the math. If people in the US were dying off at the same rate as Italy, we would have around 21,287 deaths. We have 3541 deaths currently.

we have 80,000 more cases last I checked. They have four times the deaths. The media narrative on this has been garbage.

also we'd need 100,000 cases here in jersey for it to be one percent- our population is probably 10 million by now easy- and we have probably 20,000 officially speaking? Not even.It just doesn't compute to the kind of measures being taken. I've concluded you're more likely to be attacked and killed by a shark than dying from this junk virus

@BarackObama

We've seen all too terribly the consequences of those who denied warnings of a pandemic. We can't afford any more consequences of climate denial. All of us, especially young people, have to demand better of our government at every level and vote this fall.

He's scarier than ever. Who denied the consequences BHO? Dims tied up in impeachment.

Reactions: ymmot31 and blubo
A voice vote is a vote. You seem to miss that. I've explained Massie & my belief enough. That you don't get it ain't on me. Yea, you aren't over the top on your nonsense here.

A voice vote isn’t recorded, there is no record on how each member voted. You haven’t explained anything on Massie other you keep saying he’s a dick and he only wanted to get members close together due to the virus, but somehow expecting members to put their name on the bill is outlandish.

We should expect accountability from members of Congress and they took the easy way out in an election year.

I get where you are coming from. There's plenty to laugh at Trump about. I'm old enough to remember when we all made fun of all politicians regardless of party. SNL was actually funny back then. But Obama came along and people were afraid to pick on him because he is black. And now you have Trump who is crucified for EVERYTHING he does. It's made those on the right a little sensitive and defensive for sure. Personally, I'd love for all of us to get back to the days of making fun of politicians. Most of them are pretty useless anyway. But now instead of it being us vs them, it's more like Louisville vs Kentucky and fans have to cheer on their party no matter what.

This is spot on.

A voice vote isn’t recorded, there is no record on how each member voted. You haven’t explained anything on Massie other you keep saying he’s a dick and he only wanted to get members close together due to the virus, but somehow expecting members to put their name on the bill is outlandish.

We should expect accountability from members of Congress and they took the easy way out in an election year.
So you have a correlation between number of easy way out votes and election year or not, you can share? I mean most of their votes by far are that way. Very few roll calls. You think they must take all votes by roll? If so, why b!tching just about this one? If not, you're being highly selective for your conspiracy. Signed, Troll Here.

This is all bound up in your mind. You can't cite a bit of evidence of your conspiracy plot. All you got is unsupported supposition. The outcome was known & Massie was being a dick. Just who else said they voted no by voice? Who supported Massie outside this thread? I ain't sparing you nothing. Surprised you didn't trot out troll routine again.
I bitched about Massie the day all this went down, and he still won’t get my vote (he represents my district) but I let it go a day later.

Last edited:

You’ll really be pisses when Massie when’s re-election.
Mark Levin was giving props to massie on his show the other night, saying he was the only one with the guts to stand up for the constitution. i don’t know anything about massie, but i have listened to levin for more than a year now, and i like his stance as a constitutionalist.

So cnn pulled the trigger not broadcasting the briefing. Pathetic. God have mercy on the USA and civil liberties

Could you imagine if Russia owned the US news media and large portions of social media companies like communist China?

I mean, Russia was able to overthrow the United States democracy with a couple computer nerds and some spicy memes.

Thankfully, China is benevolent and we don’t have to worry about their ownership of our media, spies at the highest levels of high ranking democrats senators offices, etc.

Anyone would be dumb to think it's just one party in bed with China.

"U.S. Embassy officials in Beijing had flagged request from Chao, now the U.S. secretary of transportation, to “help coordinate travel arrangements for at least one family member and include relatives in meetings with government officials.” The impression was of a U.S. government official operating on behalf of her family’s firm, some of whose profits (mostly from business interests in China) had found their way in the form of personal gifts and campaign donations worth tens of millions of dollars to her and her husband, Republican Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell."

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/06/2...hennault-china-united-states-mitch-mcconnell/

It's time for term limits for legislators.

Last edited:
Reactions: blubo
Sounds like stimulus money isn’t going to be distributed until at least the middle or end of April. And the system is going to be completely overwhelmed. My guess is well into May.

Chief Counsel of the IRS is doing a webinar with the tax section of the ABA on Thursday. Should be interesting to see if he’s honest about how overwhelmed they are. The IRS has already shut down its phones.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
So you have a correlation between number of easy way out votes and election year or not, you can share? I mean most of their votes by far are that way. Very few roll calls. You think they must take all votes by roll? If so, why b!tching just about this one? If not, you're being highly selective for your conspiracy. Signed, Troll Here.

Here’s a link to what Congress has voted on recently. Look at what they did a recorded vote on, which means their name is on it one way or the other. http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2020/index.asp
Why would they vote on those bills by name, but not the largest stimulus bill in history?

You’re smarter than that VH, I know you can comprehend why certain politicians on each side would not want to be attached to that in an election year.

Mark Levin was giving props to massie on his show the other night, saying he was the only one with the guts to stand up for the constitution. i don’t know anything about massie, but i have listened to levin for more than a year now, and i like his stance as a constitutionalist.
There’s not much to know about Massie. If it weren’t for this kerfluffle, he would still be mired in obscurity. He’s one of the least effective members of Congress.

So cnn pulled the trigger not broadcasting the briefing. Pathetic. God have mercy on the USA and civil liberties

I mean, there are like 30 places to watch it. Cable news sucks anyway. I've been watching them online. Don't want to give any of the political hack networks any ratings.

I don’t think there is enough money in the SBA loans. Should be a trillion. And from what I’m hearing banks have been completely overwhelmed with phone calls. No way this goes smoothly.

https://www.atrixnet.com/bs-generator.html

My current boss loves boiler plate.

professionally transform cloud-based outsourcing

objectively leverage other's orthogonal sources

I used to send out letters over email with this stuff.

I think if upper management would have ever seen it, I would have probably been at the top by now.

I've heard every phrase I've randomly generated in the past 25 minutes from some douchebag I currently work with. I need to check his bookmarks when we get back into the office after the quarantine has been lifted to see if this site is one of his favorites.

At the end of the day, we’re all in this together. Contrary to popular belief, we need to be good partners and burn the candle at both ends for the foreseeable future. If that means multiple deep dive sessions to provide more granularity, then it is what it is.
Outstanding. I’m going to move that to the parking lot and circle back later.

Reactions: KRJ1975
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT