POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All kidding aside, this is actually a pretty good illustration of how the liberal mind works. IOW - that the government pulls the strings in life, and can (nay, SHOULD) fix, all aspects of our existence. When in reality, whenever they try to "tinker" they almost always **** things up. For the MOST part, the best thing government can do is to stay out of the way.

... as the founders intended. Absolutely, except where they infringe on the God given rights of others.

Last edited:
Politicians are supposed to change their position on policies. Their job is to represent what their constituents want not what they want. So they either shift their views when required or they hit the road. A politician that is unwilling to see outside their narrow worldview becomes a lose like Sessions still screaming about weed in 2020.
GNMHxEvaEAAmtgo

Getting it out of the ground isn't the bottleneck. Refining is. (IMO)

If the government wants to throw money around, invest it in some new/state of the art refineries (my understanding is that it is economically unfeasable for a private company to actually build a new refinery)

(refineries that can actually refine the domestic oil that we drill, which isn't the case now. Our refineries are not capable of refining a LOT of the oil that we produce domestically)

Throw some of that money at hemp processing as well. Make a market for hemp products as they did during successive world wars, and before the big 5 realized the threat that hemp was.

Of course, going full throttle on nuclear power plants would mitigate a LOT of these problems.
Agree, but energy stream diversification also required, IMO. Nukes must factor into overall equation. USA nearly tapped out on hydro. DOE estimates US can only expand hydro generation capacity by 50% over next 25 years.

Should give serious consideration to tidal, geothermal, and bio-fuel expansion. For now, look at it as augmentation rather than replacement.

I think "men" that want to compete in women's sports, swimming for instance, should have to wear a weighted belt, to mimic the variance in body load distribution between men and women. Let's see how they do with 20 pounds of lead shot tied around their waist. (this is not to imply that female swimmers are fat "around the middle", it's just science, that the balance distribution varies between male and female, skinny or NOT)

Or, in the case of MMA, "men" have to fight with a midget (sorry little person) strapped to their back.

All kidding aside, this is actually a pretty good illustration of how the liberal mind works. IOW - that the government pulls the strings in life, and can (nay, SHOULD) fix, all aspects of our existence. When in reality, whenever they try to "tinker" they almost always **** things up. For the MOST part, the best thing government can do is to stay out of the way.
I agree completely. But it's the Conservatives yelling for Biden to lower the food and gas prices. Not sure how Biden can lower gas prices any more when oil production is the highest ever in US history.
Unless the government imposes price controls, the free market will just have to dictate the price of these things.
Not saying I like high grocery prices, but I will take that over a government that controls the price of everything.

Tidal energy production, not going to lie, seems like it has the potential to actually BE pretty harming to the environment. I'll admit, I'm not well-versed in it, so I could be completely off base here.

If politicians would just STFU it would probably reduce green house gases by 10 percent.

They probably emit more CO2 than all of the feed containment lots in the entire US. They should be required, for 10 hours a day, to play the "quiet game".

To that end, let us say that civilians were empowered to voluntarily control the southern border, rather than the government (other than official points of entry, where legitimate immigration could take place.) Do you think illegal immigration would:

A - Increase

or

B - Come to an almost complete stop
The piles of dead bodies along the border would almost certainly be a deterrent I would think.

From Shinbone’s own article about oil production. Does anybody else see the problem?

“For the sixth consecutive year, the United States has maintained its position as the world's top oil producer, according to the Energy Information Administration (‘EIA’). In 2023, U.S. crude output reached a historic high, averaging 12.9 million barrels per day (‘bpd’), surpassing the previous record set in 2019. December alone saw a remarkable milestone, with production peaking at over 13.3 million bpd.”
How much of that oil is staying here versus going overseas? How much is being used to restock our reserves that Biden depleted? Why isn't gas priced at 2019 levels if we've surpassed that mark?

I agree completely. But it's the Conservatives yelling for Biden to lower the food and gas prices. Not sure how Biden can lower gas prices any more when oil production is the highest ever in US history.
Unless the government imposes price controls, the free market will just have to dictate the price of these things.
Not saying I like high grocery prices, but I will take that over a government that controls the price of everything.

FAFO. Do not feel one bit sorry for them. Entitled Harvard students with "food insecurity"? LOL, c'mon man. Just have mummy or daddy venmo you some food dollars. After how the J6 detainees and prisoners have been treated over some trespassing offenses, I don't feel one ounce of sympathy for them.

Tidal energy production, not going to lie, seems like it has the potential to actually BE pretty harming to the environment. I'll admit, I'm not well-versed in it, so I could be completely off base here.

If politicians would just STFU it would probably reduce green house gases by 10 percent.

They probably emit more CO2 than all of the feed containment lots in the entire US. They should be required, for 10 hours a day, to play the "quiet game".

I still think the war on coal needs to end.

From Shinbone’s own article about oil production. Does anybody else see the problem?

“For the sixth consecutive year, the United States has maintained its position as the world's top oil producer, according to the Energy Information Administration (‘EIA’). In 2023, U.S. crude output reached a historic high, averaging 12.9 million barrels per day (‘bpd’), surpassing the previous record set in 2019. December alone saw a remarkable milestone, with production peaking at over 13.3 million bpd.”

Refusing to refill the SOR helps to keep prices high in spite of production. Forcing the perception of scarcity is market manipulation. Used to be done for the benefit of the US, but it hasn't been that way for a while now. We got to enjoy it for 3 years before the dems, rinos, and globalists acted to burn it all down to the ground in 2020.

I'm sure Dion or Sam have a perfectly good explanation for why those 3000 ballots were scanned twice or why 380,761 ballot images have vanished like a fart in the wind. And for why they refuse to investigate even though the Lawyer for the Secretary of State confirmed they broke the law. I'm sure theres a perfectly good explanation for it and it isn't partisan at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT