POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What about the healthcare shit? That's the important thing here. How many young people understand that? I sure as hell do not. How many old people do? How can the government fine you for not having insurance? Do young people understand that? I assume young people will basically be paying for old peoples shit. Is that the whole plan? To keep the shit so confusing and out of the spotlight so young people (once again) can be butt-touched for the same of old, greedy people. Meanwhile, the young are sucking and cheering on the administration - the one f'ng their future - because of the gay and racist stuff...that the government should've be involved with in the first place...take that last part out if it upsets you. That's just my opinion. I understand if you believe governments job is to end racism and shit. I think you're very gullible and sad, but you have that right. I understand. It sounds good. But this healthcare stuff? Nothing sounds good.

Am I wrong? I know in dumb, but I don't see what's it in for the young folks, and I damn sure don't understand the penalty part. I think once the millenial crowd digests all this stuff, they won't like it. All you hear is the "equality!!!! Yay!!! Free care for allll!!!".

Youre right. That was the previous awful ACA ruling, prior to this current awful ACA ruling. Millennials love it, because it benefits them; for now. But like most young people, they only see the present not the future. They dont realize it will be awful for them once they start working, etc.

Either way its way too late to stop that train now. Once that train pulled out of the station, it was gone forever.

I thought more than just Catholics have opposed methods like the morning after pills and Rick Perry vs planned parenthood.
Correct. There's a significant (misinformed) segment of Evangelica that thinks numerous forms of birth control meet their incredibly broad definition of "abortion".

Youre right. That was the previous awful ACA ruling, prior to this current awful ACA ruling. Millennials love it, because it benefits them; for now. But like most young people, they only see the present not the future. They dont realize it will be awful for them once they start working, etc.

Either way its way too late to stop that train now. Once that train pulled out of the station, it was gone forever.

How does it benefit them now? What do you need to qualify for free coverage?

And how in the world are they going to collect fees from those who don't give a shit?

How does it benefit them now? What do you need to qualify for free coverage?

And how in the world are they going to collect fees from those who don't give a shit?

All they need to "qualify" is to be 26 years old or less, and all these grown ass adult "kids" can stay on mommy and daddy's health plan.

But then after 26 they are legally required to have their own coverage whether they want it or not.

How will they collect the fee/penalty if people don't get coverage, you ask? Well the IRS has been designated as the collection agency. They will levy the penalty in your tax returns. Because the whole damn thing is based upon the basic requirement for more younger, healthier people to be forcibly brought in to the health insurance risk pool to pay premiums to cover the healthcare expenses of older, sicker people.

Reactions: drawing_dead
All they need to "qualify" is to be 26 years old or less, and all these grown ass adult "kids" can stay on mommy and daddy's health plan.

But then after 26 they are legally required to have their own coverage whether they want it or not.

How will they collect the fee/penalty if people don't get coverage, you ask? Well the IRS has been designated as the collection agency. They will levy the penalty in your tax returns. Because the whole damn thing is based upon the basic requirement for more younger, healthier people to be forcibly brought in to the health insurance risk pool to pay premiums to cover the healthcare expenses of older, sicker people.

Exactly. By allowing them to stay on their parents plan till 26, they dont have to do anything. Right up their alley.

What about the healthcare shit? That's the important thing here. How many young people understand that? I sure as hell do not. How many old people do? How can the government fine you for not having insurance? Do young people understand that? I assume young people will basically be paying for old peoples shit. Is that the whole plan? To keep the shit so confusing and out of the spotlight so young people (once again) can be butt-touched for the same of old, greedy people. Meanwhile, the young are sucking and cheering on the administration - the one f'ng their future - because of the gay and racist stuff...that the government should've be involved with in the first place...take that last part out if it upsets you. That's just my opinion. I understand if you believe governments job is to end racism and shit. I think you're very gullible and sad, but you have that right. I understand. It sounds good. But this healthcare stuff? Nothing sounds good.

Am I wrong? I know in dumb, but I don't see what's it in for the young folks, and I damn sure don't understand the penalty part. I think once the millenial crowd digests all this stuff, they won't like it. All you hear is the "equality!!!! Yay!!! Free care for allll!!!".

We have a Winner! While the smoke and mirrors of redefining marriage and whitewashing history proceed, young people continue to line up for the biggest generational screwing of all time.

Politically Obama is forcing as much to be changed as possible right now before his term is up. A lot of it isnt terrible but it's strictly going to challenge Republicans in upcoming debates with social talking points they can't win.

I only have 1 problem with gay marriage, and that is if my pastor chooses not to marry a gay couple and he is berated and belittled the Publicly destroyed then I will support a cause to fight back.

If that doesn't happen then great for gay people!

Now focus on real issues like giving Iran nuclear freedom, Russia pushing to the European border and Europe being to scared to stand up etc etc etc.

I'm conservative but I'm ok with freedom to do whatever you want, no worries but if your freedoms infringes on my freedoms then we got issues.

One of the most frustrating things is the amount of people brainwashed by this politically correct garbage who are treating this as if slavery was abolished. They also would deny brainwashing even occurs yet are completely ignorant of Nazi Germany and Soviet brainwashing tactics.

Another thing that pisses me off is the group who acts like this doesn't affect them. It affects all of us and is a huge factor with the direction of this country and the ramifications will be plenty and even if you're not religious person, you should be very disturbed by this Supreme Court's actions and their lack of logic.

Last edited:
Correct. There's a significant (misinformed) segment of Evangelica that thinks numerous forms of birth control meet their incredibly broad definition of "abortion".

I know that, since I oppose most (not all) abortions, I must be misinformed. But here goes. He made the blanket statement that churches oppose birth control. The RCC is the only one I know of that does (and the laity pretty much ignores the teaching anyhow). Most evangelicals oppose birth control methods that destroy an already fertilized egg. Most do not oppose methods that simply prevent fertilization. I'm probably misinformed though.

I know that, since I oppose most (not all) abortions, I must be misinformed. But here goes. He made the blanket statement that churches oppose birth control. The RCC is the only one I know of that does (and the laity pretty much ignores the teaching anyhow). Most evangelicals oppose birth control methods that destroy an already fertilized egg. Most do not oppose methods that simply prevent fertilization. I'm probably misinformed though.
Numerous, not all. Obviously lots and lots and lots of non-Catholics use birth control.

Reactions: Willy4UK
The GOP need to tread very carefully with this subject in the coming elections. Much like abortion, its now a legally settled situation. Plus its polling very favorably will all but the religious right.

The more they blast it, the more votes that stay on the left. The more undecided votes will again drift to the left. While at the same time they cant openly welcome the notion, or they may lose the base.

Very tricky situation.

Reactions: jamo0001
Not that tricky. They could do the right thing and start talking "less government for all!!!" That would appeal to many, but that would also not be in their best interest. The only thing both parties can agree on is bigger government. That's the cause of all this bullshit.

Not that tricky. They could do the right thing and start talking "less government for all!!!" That would appeal to many, but that would also not be in their best interest. The only thing both parties can agree on is bigger government. That's the cause of all this bullshit.

QFT

If they say that, then the religious right will be up in arms. Of course one would assume theyd never vote Dem, but thats a bold assumption. Especially so if some southern/moderate democrats or 3rd parties are on the ballot.

But I do agree, that would be the best way to handle it.

Quit using words like the religious right. You don't even know what that is...

In my personal experience, in small town KY, the very religious right would absolutely love less government. They are mostly old and they have actually seen how the government has raped the people. They are for financial freedom. Government is for the opposite. It's the social issues you're talking about...all anybody is talking about, and it's all mostly shit the government should not be involved with.

If they say that, then the religious right will be up in arms. Of course one would assume theyd never vote Dem, but thats a bold assumption. Especially so if some southern/moderate democrats or 3rd parties are on the ballot.

But I do agree, that would be the best way to handle it.

Mash does have a point. There are a lot liberal Christians who are going to be ok with abortion and gay stuff. Also, most Catholics will vote dem yet they hate abortion. The religious right is becoming smaller and smaller.

Quit using words like the religious right. You don't even know what that is...

In my personal experience, in small town KY, the very religious right would absolutely love less government. They are mostly old and they have actually seen how the government has raped the people. They are for financial freedom. Government is for the opposite. It's the social issues you're talking about...all anybody is talking about, and it's all mostly shit the government should not be involved with.

They only want less government because he government is not doing things in their favor. If the government was primed to outlaw abortion and gay marriage then they'd be all for more government.

Reactions: jamo0001
You're taking about radicals. Again, most people don't give a shit. They want government out of it.

But at some point those "younger & healthier" people will be "older and sicker" themselves, and then they will get the advantage of coverage. IOWs it's a zero sum game. It's also necessary to have everyone participate in order for the system to work.

The Roman Catholic Church hierarchy doesn't believe in birth control. That's about it.
But at some point those "younger & healthier" people will be "older and sicker" themselves, and then they will get the advantage of coverage. IOWs it's a zero sum game. It's also necessary to have everyone participate in order for the system to work.
As you know Dee, the mandate goes beyond the young simply paying in to help cover the older, sicker population. It helps cover part of the uninsured folks emergency rooms visits, which in most cases the US taxpayer picks up that cost. A truly sick or injured person cannot be denied emergency medical care, and for that benefit everyone should be required to pay into the system. It's only fair.

Last edited:
And here is the rub. This is being done by force. It ceases to be charity at that point.

? Why does health care have to be based on "charity"? We don't base defense, public socials, social security, or public roads on "charity". There isn't enough charity in the world to support a health care system. The mandate simple requires people to be responsible for their health care rather than being a burden on society.

Last edited:
because it's really no different than it was before, except now everyone that had insurance previously has seen theirs increase? Why? To cover those that can't afford it. And after Obama leaves office there's going to be another major hike.
The whole bill from its inception has been nothing but a farce. It has zero to do with helping people, it was written for insurance companies by insurance companies.
My wife is nurse practitioner at an oncology office, she has a patient that doesn't qualify for obamacare, he has a job as an auto mechanic, he can't work more than 10 hours a week, lives in a minivan yet makes too much money? So now he's also going to get fined for not having insurance? The dr she works for out of the goodness of his heart has put him on a payment plan that he can afford but the dr knows he'll never get paid in full.
This is a working man, that is trying to do right, but doesn't qualify, so who exactly was this bill written for?
Did you notice how much the insurance companies stock jumped after the ruling?

? Why does health care have to be based on "charity"? We don't base defense, public socials, social security, or public roads on "charity". There isn't enough charity in the world to support a health care system. The mandate simple requires people to be responsible for their health care regather than being a burden on society.

:eek::oops::confused::rolleyes:

Dee, everything is about "boosting the economy". It ain't about you, or me, I any group of humans. It's about marketing and sales. As we continue to not make shit, and increasingly rely on sales, the government/private will continue to push more and more BS on us .

A baby boomer talking about a "zero sum game"...smgdh. Then tops it off with a statement that mash underlined. The vast majority of those getting coverage are simply getting on due to medicaid expansion which I guess comes from magical coffers.

Dee, everything is about "boosting the economy". It ain't about you, or me, I any group of humans. It's about marketing and sales. As we continue to not make shit, and increasingly rely on sales, the government/private will continue to push more and more BS on us .
I'm not sure that that has to do with health care exchanges, but for the record the US is still the #2 manufacturing country in the world next only to China-Mart.

because it's really no different than it was before, except now everyone that had insurance previously has seen theirs increase? Why? To cover those that can't afford it. And after Obama leaves office there's going to be another major hike.
The whole bill from its inception has been nothing but a farce. It has zero to do with helping people, it was written for insurance companies by insurance companies.

Bill - the facts just don't support your statement:

As of March 2015 HHS reported a total of 16.4 million covered due to the ACA between the Marketplace, Medicaid expansion, young adults staying on their parents plan, and other coverage provisions. According to Gallup that translates to an uninsured rate of 11.9% down from a high of 18% in 2013.

http://obamacarefacts.com/sign-ups/obamacare-enrollment-numbers/

That fact of the matter is there are millions of folks now that heretofore had no access to routine or preventive medical care, and many are alive today becasue of this law. You would be hard pressed to convince them that this law isn't helping anyone.

The cost of health care coverage has actually not gone up as rapidly since the ACA become law as before. Health care costs, including the cost of insurance is escalating all the time due to the cost of medical services and drugs which is escalating by a factor of about 4x the inflation rate.

Yes the cost of health care to the overall population is shared in the form of insurance premiums and taxes, but it was before the ACA as well as the costs of expensive trips to the ERs had to be passed on to the public. Now less expensive options are available under health care policies.

Yes it's true that the health insurers played a big part in passing this law and it's no surprise that when their customer base numbers expand, their revenues increase and their stock prices go up, but just becasue health insurers are doing well it doesn't mean it was a bad deal for those that were able to secure insurance with them.

Defense I disagree obviously, the costs were supposed to go down, they haven't and won't. In 2017 there is going to be a huge increase in fees.
How many of those 16 million had insurance before? The costs haven't gone down, unless you're considering routine physicals being free. Which they aren't were still paying for them.

I gave you one example of a man that this should be benefitting if it were to help anyone. He's trying to work, he makes too much money even on a reduced work scale, and his employer doesn't provide healthcare, not to mention he's living in a vehicle. So who is it helping? People that aren't working? Kids that are 25 years old and healthy, I'm sorry but we're teaching people to expect the govt to give them benefits. The phrase give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach him to fish he for a lifetime comes to mind.
I'm tired of discussing this, it's ridiculous it made it through the Supreme Court Thursday

Reactions: Mashburned
Now NASCAR is looking into banning the Confederate flag. I guess they don't want the remaining 2-300 fans that still go to races to show up.

[laughing]

Krazykats; "Hey you two, quit holding hands in public! You're infringing on my freedoms!"

Point well made, but not exactly what I was getting at. That's petty and lame bickering and bitching.

What I mean is this is step one, and when a pastor chooses not to marry them and they complain about discrimination or something more along those lines. In this country there is a lot of BS miniorities get to pull because of discrimination and this will add to it.

I don't care about their relationships or affections nor do I defend the people fearing that we are losing our country! I do worry about the Pandora's box this opens to other litigation for other laws but for this particular law I think the Supreme Court got it right.

Not sure I understand the whole "Love Wins" nonsense.

I guess someone had to come up with a some kind of buzz phrase/slogan to put on t-shirts and hashtags for the advent of the SCOTUS ruling, even though the option to love whoever you want has never been in question for anyone. This whole issue was always far more about the legal and financial ramifications of marriage than it was about love.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT