ADVERTISEMENT

Please pray for me

BigBlueFan19

Junior
Apr 16, 2018
I’ve struggled for years with anxiety and depression but have done well with it over the past 4-5 years for the most part. For the past couple months, it has crept back up on me. I’ve noticed my thoughts have went back to the depressed version of me. The dark and deep places in my mind I prayed I wouldn’t never visit again, well I’m back there. I’m a Christian and believe in the power of prayer! Please pray for me!

I’ve struggled for years with anxiety and depression but have done well with it over the past 4-5 years for the most part. For the past couple months, it has crept back up on me. I’ve noticed my thoughts have went back to the depressed version of me. The dark and deep places in my mind I prayed I wouldn’t never visit again, well I’m back there. I’m a Christian and believe in the power of prayer! Please pray for me!

I battle with Anxiety and depression as well. I will definitely pray for you. It's a terrible thing to experience, but know that God is there for you, will always listen, and will help you!

I can do all things through Christ which gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
Set your mind on things above, not on earthly things. Colossians 3:2
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

God bless you brother. Know you are not alone.

I battle with Anxiety and depression as well. I will definitely pray for you. It's a terrible thing to experience, but know that God is there for you, will always listen, and will help you!

please keep believing that God is with you and know my prayers are with you

I appreciate that brother, I truly do! I’m praying for you as well. Philippians 4:13 is one of my favorite verses and has helped me all throughout my life. God Bless you and thanks again for your kind words!

God bless you man. I struggle often myself. My prayers are with you.
Also, if you ever want to talk privately please let me know.

Thanks brother, I appreciate that. Same for you, I’m here to talk anytime. That goes for anyone who’s struggling, reach out to someone!

• Love
Reactions: drcats2013
Been struggling with anxiety a lot recently as well. Prayers brother. You are never as alone as you feel.

Thanks brother! And prayers for you as well. It can be very ugly!

Reactions: RunninRichie
Done, brother.

I tell ya man, I used to battle anxiety. I had sleep issues that drove me crazy and made it worse. Still not perfect but I cleaned up my diet (I eat mostly meat and little carbs) and started lifting weights again. It improved my mood dramatically, it changed my life.

ill pray for you but try improving diet, walking daily, and 20-25 minutes of doing some weight training 4-5 days a week and see if things improve

God didn’t make humans to be sick and weak and depressed. He made us to be strong and healthy. You can get over this

I appreciate that brother, I truly do! I’m praying for you as well. Philippians 4:13 is one of my favorite verses and has helped me all throughout my life. God Bless you and thanks again for your kind words!
Prayers. "Cast all your cares..." is my favorite verse and I use it often.

Reactions: BigBlueFan19
Please.... for your sake and those you love..... seek help and do not try to battle this inner demon on your own. Tell everyone you know. Talk about it to everyone who will listen. Don't be ashamed or fearful. Don't hide it.... shout it from the mountain top.
I lost someone very close to me that thought they could keep it hidden from everyone. They were wrong and were not strong enough to battle it alone. Most people aren't.
You are not alone. Remember that and lean on those around you whenever you can. Seek professional help and doctors as well. It will be ok....You got this.

For your family, friends, and yourself; don't fight this alone.

Talk to your family members, friends, and church family. Go to your pastor and ask them to meet with you and help you work through this.

Prayers sent your way, brother. Just remember to count your blessings and think about the positive things you have in your life. We are all grateful to be above ground. Day by day. You got this.

I was in the same boat brother. Seek professional help and don’t fight this alone. I’m praying for you!! This too shall pass.

anxiety and depression - very real in today's society
the older I get, the more I too struggle
the loss of both of my parents did not help
stress from a job that you need but dislike
prayers are my only hope, don't talk about my feelings much, pretty much keep them inside

Prayers sent. Honestly I was doing very well also but then Cal let St. Peter’s beat us as a #15 seed. I’m just starting to grasp and accept it and it’s been seven months. That sent me into a dark place for awhile.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Please.... for your sake and those you love..... seek help and do not try to battle this inner demon on your own. Tell everyone you know. Talk about it to everyone who will listen. Don't be ashamed or fearful. Don't hide it.... shout it from the mountain top.
I lost someone very close to me that thought they could keep it hidden from everyone. They were wrong and were not strong enough to battle it alone. Most people aren't.
You are not alone. Remember that and lean on those around you whenever you can. Seek professional help and doctors as well. It will be ok....You got this.

Thank you for that! God bless you! Sorry to hear about the person close to you as well! Our mind is a dangerous place to be sometimes, I know that first hand.

I promise I’m not gonna hurt myself. I just let the weight of everyday life weigh me down and I’m struggling some. It does help to know they are others struggling the same as me. It’s hard for men to open up and talk, so I appreciate that.

Reactions: kyjeff1

A little over 2 years ago I lost my Dad. 3 months after his passing, I to got depressed for the only time in my life that I got like this. It was so bad that one day I was walking through the house with tears streaming down my face, and I said out loud. Oh God I am so depressed. It wasn't 2 minutes later that my phone rung. I answered the phone & the caller wanted to come & see me. It was my pastor of all people. About 5 minutes later he showed up & came in. We talked for a couple of minutes. Then out of no where he asked me. Are you depressed? There's not a doubt in my mind that a loving God sent him my way when I was hurting so bad. He prayed for me. And to this day I haven't been depressed again. Stay strong my friend, get your church to pray for you. It's amazing what God can do.

I tell ya man, I used to battle anxiety. I had sleep issues that drove me crazy and made it worse. Still not perfect but I cleaned up my diet (I eat mostly meat and little carbs) and started lifting weights again. It improved my mood dramatically, it changed my life.

ill pray for you but try improving diet, walking daily, and 20-25 minutes of doing some weight training 4-5 days a week and see if things improve

God didn’t make humans to be sick and weak and depressed. He made us to be strong and healthy. You can get over this
I agree with all of this. Excersize and weight training can do so much for your psyche.

I forced myself to overcome anxiety a long time ago, then I had several things happen simultaneously 4 years ago that took my confidence away and made me feel weak. Family, friends and my workout room, helped drag me out of it and now I have my confidence back.

@BigBlueFan19 , I'm not much on religion, but I'm pulling hard for you. If you're anywhere near the NKY area, reach out to me.

prayers are my only hope, don't talk about my feelings much, pretty much keep them inside

I struggle with the loss of my dad every single day and that’s been 15 years since he died, so I know your pain.

Prayer is always your first option but please don’t keep bottling those feelings up. As you can see in this thread, other men actually care about you and can help you if you open up and talk. I’m here anytime brother to talk!

Reactions: mailman85
Keep Jesus in your mind and life and you can overcome this again. Seek help/counseling whether it be a friend, family member or professional - someone you can trust to confide in and gain support. Prayers for you, my friend.

A little over 2 years ago I lost my Dad. 3 months after his passing, I to got depressed for the only time in my life that I got like this. It was so bad that one day I was walking through the house with tears streaming down my face, and I said out loud. Oh God I am so depressed. It wasn't 2 minutes later that my phone rung. I answered the phone & the caller wanted to come & see me. It was my pastor of all people. About 5 minutes later he showed up & came in. We talked for a couple of minutes. Then out of no where he asked me. Are you depressed? There's not a doubt in my mind that a loving God sent him my way when I was hurting so bad. He prayed for me. And to this day I haven't been depressed again. Stay strong my friend, get your church to pray for you. It's amazing what God can do.

Amen brother!! Praise God for that!! I believe God works in ways such as those!

And thank you for the kind words! That’s very true, it’s amazing what God can do!

You’re 100% spot on! I took on a management job about 8 months ago and I haven’t got to work out since! I’ve been working 75-80 hours a week. Honestly, working out is the best medicine there is for me. This is my sign, I might go renew that Y membership today! 😂😬

I lost both of my parents within 8 months as well as my wife having 2 miscarriage's around that time. I began suffering from anxiety and it has been a battle for the past 20 years. There are times it's fine and then out of the blue it hits. It can be rough but God's got this.

As Jesus said: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

You’re 100% spot on! I took on a management job about 8 months ago and I haven’t got to work out since! I’ve been working 75-80 hours a week. Honestly, working out is the best medicine there is for me. This is my sign, I might go renew that Y membership today! 😂😬
The amount of hours is exactly why I got out of management lol. Good luck to you.

If nothing else works, pharmaceuticals can definitely make a difference, but I'd agree with others here regarding turning to your faith, as well as eating right, exercising, etc.

I haven't seen anyone suggest this yet, but turn off the news if you watch it regularly. Turn off political talk radio. Stop reading the newspaper or online news sources. Regardless of the source, these days it's all fear-based whether it's from the right or left, and fear leads to anxiety. How can you constantly see or read about high inflation, high gas prices, the border, fentanyl, Russia/Ukraine, nukes, WWIII, etc. and not get anxious?

Same for social media. If you're on Facebook or Twitter, stop getting on them, or at least unfollow sources of the kind of info listed above. Social media also tends to have lots of arguing and insults, including here on Rafters. It's amazing how uninhibited we can be with our nastiness when we're not face to face with someone. Seeing all this uncivil behavior can contribute to depression. There's just so much animosity and ugliness - how can you read it every day and come away with a positive, happy feeling?

Don't think anyone has posted this yet, Matthew 6:25-34:

Do Not Worry​

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Renew your mind with the Word of God. Prayers.

Best of luck on it! I’ve always been somewhat anxious, but about two years ago I had a full on anxiety attack for the first time. Scared the crap out of me, thought I was going to have a heart attack. Went in and had my heart looked at, blood work, and everything was fine.

Since then, I have them creep up at times. Been trying to battle it myself. As others have said, get physical activity in a lot. Look up different breathing exercises and muscle relaxation. And never be afraid to go talk with someone on it. I’m not a prayer, but I have gotten into daily meditation. Do whatever can help calm your mind down for a bit.

I’ll post this link because it really helped me understand anxiety, how your body reacts to it, and how you can work on calming it down: https://www.anxietycentre.com/

Last edited:
Best of luck on it! I’ve always been somewhat anxious, but about two years ago I had a full on anxiety attack for the first time. Scared the crap out of me, thought I was going to have a heart attack. Went in and had my heart looked at, blood work, and everything was fine.

Since then, I have them creep up at times. Been trying to battle it myself. As others have said, get physical activity in a lot. Look up different breathing exercises and muscle relaxation. And never be afraid to go talk with someone on it. I’m not a prayer, but I have gotten into daily mediation. Do whatever can help calm your mind down for a bit.

I’ll post this link because it really helped me understand anxiety, how your body reacts to it, and how you can work on calming it down: https://www.anxietycentre.com/

I appreciate that brother! I wish you the best and hopefully those anxiety attacks leave ya alone. I know all too well about those!

Reactions: WeWant9
As others have already pointed out, exercising regularly, eating and sleeping better, and cutting out time spent online, in general, are good things. Particularly things like social media and even forums like this. The way people treat each other online is far different from how they would generally interact in person. So, in turn, interactions in the cyber world can lead to increased frustration and anxiety that you would not normally experience with face-to-face interactions. You might also want to look into CBD products as well.

God bless you and help you.

Reactions: BBUK

You need to see a doctor. Modern medicine does wonders. I've been on zoloft for 2 years. I came out of the depths of hell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT