ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff…… Timberwolves??

They could had the #1 seed but got blown out at home vs the Suns to fall to the #3 seed then they processed to sweep Suns 4-0 go figure.

Edwards wow what a player Cal needed to have got that guy but someone Georgia got him.

The NBA used to be the absolute worst league for parity and now there has become a lot of parity. It's no longer a foregone conclusion of who is winning the title. I love that these younger teams have taken over.

In the last 9 years, we've had the Warriors, Cavs, Raptors, Lakers*, Bucks, and Nuggets win titles. This year could very well be a new team winning it.

A good friend of mine and teammate from growing up, Micah Nori, is the assistant that Chris Finch is using to be active on the sidelines. Micah is a really cool story. He was a star baseball player that played SS at IU, then was coaching college baseball when Butch Carter (then the head coach of the Raptors and good friends with Micah’s dad) told him he should come work for him in Toronto despite Micah not playing HS basketball after his sophomore year.

Goes to the Raptors as lowest guy in the organization and works his way up to the top assistant for the Timberwolves.

Edwards is that guy!

Thought Luka was gonna be but he looks to be in terrible shape and his defense is atrocious!!

KAT was great in the 3rd Quarter and has been a fantastic teammate as the Wolves have moved from being his team to Edwards. The Wolves are basically KAT and a bunch of guys UK didn't land they could've--Naz Reid, Ant-Man, Jaden McDaniels, even have Leonard Miller in the organization.

He’s a monster. KAT finally has another real player beside him. KAT works so well as a Number 2. They play hella good defense too.
They are zagging after everyone zigged. Remember everyone was like “wtf are they doing getting Gobert!!??” While everyone has glommed onto small ball, they start 3 players 6’10 or taller, and their best player off the bench in Naz Reid is a big (who does it all).

They are zagging after everyone zigged. Remember everyone was like “wtf are they doing getting Gobert!!??” While everyone has glommed onto small ball, they start 3 players 6’10 or taller, and their best player off the bench in Naz Reid is a big (who does it all).
I know, it’s really weird but I always said imagine if a team gets someone like Shaq again. He’s gonna dominate. I mean look at Embid, he can’t stay healthy but when he does he gets 50 on the regular. Be interesting to see if they can make the finals or win it. Prolly Denver but they are good. Philly has max cap space, I heard they wanna sign George but if I was them I’d find someone like Brandon Ingram or someone younger. If they get a max salary wing who fits well they will be tough.

I know, it’s really weird but I always said imagine if a team gets someone like Shaq again. He’s gonna dominate. I mean look at Embid, he can’t stay healthy but when he does he gets 50 on the regular. Be interesting to see if they can make the finals or win it. Prolly Denver but they are good. Philly has max cap space, I heard they wanna sign George but if I was them I’d find someone like Brandon Ingram or someone younger. If they get a max salary wing who fits well they will be tough.
On another note, just pure tragedy if TNT loses the rights to the NBA playoffs to friggin Peacock.

They could had the #1 seed but got blown out at home vs the Suns to fall to the #3 seed then they processed to sweep Suns 4-0 go figure.

Edwards wow what a player Cal needed to have got that guy but someone Georgia got him.
He said he almost committed to Kentucky on his visit.

Can you imagine if we had locked this guy in in addition to all our other NBA superstars?

On another note, just pure tragedy if TNT loses the rights to the NBA playoffs to friggin Peacock.
I agree! I’m so sick of all these events going to paid subscription services. Indiana basketball just did that, they only played like 3 times on the big 10 network. You needed like 3 services to watch them play last year. That sucks.

Minnesota up 61-35 over Denver at halftime.
Man, that first half was beautiful to watch for Minnesota. Looked absolutely amazing on defense and then you have Edwards on offense (along with plenty of other guys who can shoot). I like both teams but definitely pulling for Minnesota (helps that they have KAT since I always like to root for teams with former UK guys).

Seemed like Edwards is emerging as the league’s new Alpha dog superstar …now that Curry, Durant and LeBron have aged beyond it.

He even has that same MJ-like confidence and swagger to his game.
Him becoming a huge star doesn't surprise me much; Jalen Brunson becoming a huge star has taken me by surprise. His scoring for the last 10-12 games is historic, probably a stretch not seen since they learned how to double team Wilt.

Last edited:
This was the NBA Playoff equivalent of Kendrick Lamar/Drake's "battle" after "They Not Like us". Jamal even gets to play the part of Drake in this comparison. It was one team just kicking the living **** out of another and not letting up. Fun to watch.

Nuggets lost their composure because they realize they are up against a more talented team. From Malone charging at Mark Davis and not even getting 1 Tech when he should've been tossed, to Murray throwing a heating pad on the floor which KAT barely missed stepping on during live ball play. Murray's been hampered by an injury which is obvious but he also behaved like a spoiled punk tonight. He should've been thrown out and honestly if the NBA had any balls they'd suspend him for Game 3 for throwing an object onto the court which could've injured a player--if Towns slips/pulls a groin or twists a knee etc....it's just a pathetic display. He then got in the game and tried to throw a forearm at the back of Towns head/neck on back screen because he's too slow to get around or by any of the Wolves defenders and feels he wasn't getting calls due to shooting like crap because he's injured. So he behaved like a 5 yr old who is told to pick up their toys and go to bed. It was embarrassing and Malone set the tone. Tough Guy Mike tried to get his team going and best part was the crew led by Mark Davis basically said "We'll not T him up-but they get NO CALLS--it's going to be called straight". The only thing that needs to be addressed though is Murray throwing that on the court. If a fan did that-they get ejected and rightfully so but for a player to do that during a live ball play? LOW LIFE shit right there.

For those who didn't watch--KAT dominated the entire 1st Half on both ends of the court and Rudy Gobert wasn't in Denver as he was with his wife/GF as she's giving birth to their 1st child. So he manned up and frustrated Jokic and torched Nuggets with his best Playoff performance as a Wolves player.

The Wolves are an awesome defensive team but also fun to watch due to Edwards just being on the damn court. He's the one the NBA has been waiting on. He's arrived. How far can he go? I think they are best team in West and NBA Finals with Celtics is looming IMO.

Last edited:
Gobert not playing really helped twolves so far imo. Such a weird addition that does nothing but clog up the lane for an unstoppable offensive force.

They interesting part about both of these teams is how big their front lines are. Everyone going small but except these two.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT