ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino lands another double-digit scorer transfer.

Valid analogy, IMO. Cal claims that it's "about the kids" ... it's not. If a player doesn't deliver quickly, Cal moves them to the end of the bench and is not concerned with developing them over a period of years. I think this is why many choose to transfer. Transferring out of UK is something that has been rare in the past but common under Cal.

Playing Devil's Advocate, the transfer rules have changed dramatically in the past few years. Players can transfer and play immediately at a new school. That wasn't true in the past.

Plus, it is a different world to bring in a bunch of 5 stars who all think they are soon to be NBA superstars than bringing in players like Tubby typically brought in who were far less highly regarded.
If we want the best of the best, I think we have to realize some of them are going to be unhappy that they aren't the star of a team of of 3 star players.

Reactions: chroix
I could do without him overseeing a sex trafficking ring involving selling minors to minors. I could also do without him paying for the murder of his unborn child.

But he’s a good basketball coach so we should still respect him? Yeah, I’m not going with the group think on this one. Rick Pitino is one of the most vile men in college athletics and it isn’t close.
The love for Pitino is that he destroyed teams with his press and UK fans loved him for it.

Playing Devil's Advocate, the transfer rules have changed dramatically in the past few years. Players can transfer and play immediately at a new school. That wasn't true in the past.

Plus, it is a different world to bring in a bunch of 5 stars who all think they are soon to be NBA superstars than bringing in players like Tubby typically brought in who were far less highly regarded.
If we want the best of the best, I think we have to realize some of them are going to be unhappy that they aren't the star of a team of of 3 star players.
Good points ... certainly a different day and time in college sport.

The love for Pitino is that he destroyed teams with his press and UK fans loved him for it.
And I bet if it was their daughters he was using for his sex trade they would think a little differently about their love for him.

I’m not exaggerating when I say he is an evil man. Just because he’s good at winning a children’s game shouldn’t excuse that.

Pitino's been convincing guys to play together, however, even if they're coming off the bench.

Right now he has the following:

C Soriano - 15ppg, 12 rpg
F Slazinski - 11ppg, 6 rpg (transfer from Iona)
F Taylor - 12ppg, 4 rpg (transfer from Oregon St.)
G Dingle - 23ppg, 4rpg (transfer from Penn)
G Jenkins - 15ppg, 5apg (transfer from Iona
-----
F - Luis - 12ppg, 5rpg at UMass.
G/F Alleyne - 8ppg in four seasons at UConn
G Davis - 7ppg at Iona
F Ejifor - 1ppg at Kansas

To me, the most impressive aspect is that he's totally retooled the lineup and even has some depth. Alleyne and Luis give them quality depth on the wing. If Ejifor takes another step forward, they could be a really good team. Davis is also only going to be a sophomore. Pitino needs another big man and I'm sure he'll find that guy soon.
St. John’s is trash!

Reactions: JrandoUK
Pitino lost to a D3 team and got beat by double figures against Michigan at MSG. LOL at the fake love this clown gets on this board.
Hilarious stuff.

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. I'm glad you remembered it from 6 months ago and that you are entering into the weekend prioritizing bringing it back for the board! I agree! We need MORE Pitino.

Long live this thread! May it never die in our hearts or our minds and may Pitino always live forever rent free in your brain!

Hip-hip, hooray! Hip-hip, hooray!

other-team-crowd.gif

Hilarious stuff.

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. I'm glad you remembered it from 6 months ago and that you are entering into the weekend prioritizing bringing it back for the board! I agree! We need MORE Pitino.

Long live this thread! May it never die in our hearts or our minds and may Pitino always live forever rent free in your brain!

Hip-hip, hooray! Hip-hip, hooray!

other-team-crowd.gif
You started a thread slurping Pitino. Stand on what you said.

You started a thread slurping Pitino. Stand on what you said.
I do stand on it. I'm pretty sure that the season is about two weeks old. Your dancing on the grave of Pitino before Thanksgiving is entertaining, and weird.

But keep reviving the Pitino threads. It works counterintuitively to your ultimate aim of silencing Pitino threads.

I do stand on it. I'm pretty sure that the season is about two weeks old. Your dancing on the grave of Pitino before Thanksgiving is entertaining, and weird.

But keep reviving the Pitino threads. It works counterintuitively to your ultimate aim of silencing Pitino threads.
I’m just laughing because St. John’s is garbage. Good luck the rest of the season tho, i’m sure y’all will turn it around and make the NIT.

I’m just laughing because St. John’s is garbage. Good luck the rest of the season tho, i’m sure y’all will turn it around and make the NIT.
I watched the St. John's vs Michigan game. St. John's had some good players - as good as Michigan I thought. Phil Martelli sure seemed to out coach Pitino pretty decisively.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT