ADVERTISEMENT

Peanut Butter: Crunchy or Creamy

Peanut Butter: Crunchy or Creamy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like to mix a small jar of crunchy with an economy sized jar of creamy to get the perfect ratio. You guys need to put more thought into butter of peanut imo.

Reactions: Mashburned
Crunchy if choosing, good with both really. Peanut butter is pretty much as can't miss as anything there is.

Reactions: TheDonJiggy
Pallet likes crunchy, colon likes creamy.
49978832.jpg

I guarantee this is going to turn into a circle jerk of imported cashew butters versus almond and cacao nut spreads.

I like crunchy with honey.

Used to be crunchy, but I have diverticulitis, so no more peanuts for me.

Medical reasons change my vote to creamy.

I've never had peanut butter that I didn't like, crunchy, creamy, with honey, with maple syrup, with cinnamon, organic, cheap, whatever, but the GOAT and original, simplistic perfection is found with JIF Creamy.

Reactions: TruBluCatFan
Had a teacher tell us how much rodent hair and feces is allowed, never looked at it the same way since.
But prefer crunchy since you can't notice the difference.

1. Creamy is better than crunchy
  2. Had a crunchy phase in middle school, but that's it.
  3. Nutela is dlelicious
  4. Organic is terrible

Had a teacher tell us how much rodent hair and feces is allowed, never looked at it the same way since.
But prefer crunchy since you can't notice the difference.

What are you talking about? That stuff is in my JIF Extra Crunchy?

To me, it's mostly about value. I feel like I'm getting more bang for my buck with the crunchy. There are so many peanuts in there. But if I find out half of them are actually mouse turds, then I'll be disappointed.

Ultimately, creamy peanut butter is for bitch ass babies with no teeth and no personal preference because they are damn babies; they don't know.

The only time i eat peanut butter it has to be mixed with jelly. You guys are a bunch of goobers, no pun intended.
american-smuckers-goober-grape-peanut-butter-jelly-combination-510g-x28-18oz-x29-jar-dated-17-11-15-759-p.jpg

The only time i eat peanut butter it has to be mixed with jelly. You guys are a bunch of goobers, no pun intended.
american-smuckers-goober-grape-peanut-butter-jelly-combination-510g-x28-18oz-x29-jar-dated-17-11-15-759-p.jpg
Reminds me of an old Brian Regan bit:

"You know I could go for a sandwich, but uh, I’m not gonna open TWO jars! I can’t be opening and closing all kinds of jars... cleaning, who KNOWS how many knives!?" If you’re that lazy, why not put croutons in there and get the whole sandwich on a spoon. You know, just scoopin’ it out... "Mmm...Oh, scrumptious! I think I’m gonna have another one. Uh, mmmmm... DELECTABLE! As was the first!" Or if you don’t wanna clean the spoon, you put it all in a squeeze bottle. "Mmmm! Lunch and no clean up! Can life get better? I submit that it can NOT!"

What are you talking about? That stuff is in my JIF Extra Crunchy?

To me, it's mostly about value. I feel like I'm getting more bang for my buck with the crunchy. There are so many peanuts in there. But if I find out half of them are actually mouse turds, then I'll be disappointed.

Ultimately, creamy peanut butter is for bitch ass babies with no teeth and no personal preference because they are damn babies; they don't know.

It's just the FDA standards for US made peanut butter.
Just part of our processed foods, you know $hit happens.

Insect filth (AOAC 968.35)
Average of 30 or more insect fragments per 100 grams

Rodent filth (AOAC 968.35)
Average of 1 or more rodent hairs per 100 grams

Grit (AOAC 968.35)
Gritty taste and water insoluble inorganic residue is more than 25 mg per 100 grams

DEFECT SOURCE: Insect fragments - preharvest and/or post harvest and/or processing insect infestation, Rodent hair - post harvest and/or processing contamination with animal hair or excreta, Grit - harvest contamination
Significance: Aesthetic

Chinese made peanut butter or Hershey peanut butter cups made in Mexico could have more lax standards.

I vote neither...I don't really like peanut butter except a PB sandwich with a bowl of chili for dunking...In the event I do eat a PB sandwich it has to have grape jelly...Usually I just get the Crustables (or whatever they are called) out of the frozen food section.

Creamy is for children & simpletons, congrats Tommy!

Although he didn't invent as many believe, as the Peanut Pioneer, George Washington Carver pulsed his original PB recipes as to preserve some form of natural texture.

I'm sure he's rolling over in his grave at this pathetic thread, as he should be.

^ If you look at who voted for what, I'd say there are more simpletons on the crunchy list. Granted, JonathanW is on the creamy list, but that's the exception that proves the rule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT