ADVERTISEMENT

Parents teaching boys vs girls

Perry-Ellis-mens-3-Pack-Luxe-Bamboo-Socks-Socks-New-Dark-Ast_720x.jpg
Personally, I like these bamboo socks. They’re probably made by Burmese (Myanmarian? Myanmaran? Myanmarite?) child slave soldiers, but they’re very comfortable.

Personally, I like these bamboo socks. They’re probably made by Burmese (Myanmarian? Myanmaran? Myanmarite?) child slave soldiers, but they’re very comfortable.
Apparently it's Burmese, but Mayanma is also acceptable.

Child slave labor be damned, bamboo socks are indeed comfortable. Speaking of child slave labor, back in the early 90s, my employer started selling our waste (floor sweepings) plastic resin pellets to a recycler in India. Towards the end of the shift, we'd use the 45 psi air to blow out pellets and sweep them up, along with everything else on the floor and put it into a fiber drum. We used to send them to the plant's "burning ground" to be incinerated before they started to sell them to the recycler. One of the supervisors was bragging about how much we saved by selling it for 25 cent(s) a pound vs having to burn it, and then went on to excitedly explain that the recycler was paying kids as young as 7 to sort through the drums and picking the pellets out by hand. The supervisor (Bob was his name) was supposedly a good Christian man, so I asked him if he was good with that company using child slave labor. He rationalized that by saying that "those kids and their families need that money". I asked him if Jesus would approve of child slave labor in what were most certainly hot, humid and nasty conditions with no safety training or PPE. He didn't have an answer for that, but he also never brought up how great it was again.

Parents, especially dad's, teach your sons to be quiet and get used to being wrong. But don't let it get to you. Girls are special, just let them vent. Will make it easier on ya in the long run.

Teaching girls is whole nutha thing. I don't have that one even close to figured out.

I've been looking at these Darn Tough crew socks. Most of their dress socks still have the goofy patterns a'la 2014 :mad:

6032_Gray_8ba9ef44-0b7f-422a-b8b7-e0f2f1e38c96_1080x.png

Not at all, please repost more. Its quality content that brings me to the cats pause.

Dr. Sax’s understanding and reliance upon research is really interesting and could help parents understand the differences and similarities between the sexes.

Keep this thread at the top please. For intellectually inquisitive people, this man is really worth listening to. Thanks!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT