ADVERTISEMENT

Oweh could be the “dude”

Jan 11, 2016
Had lots of time on my hands today. So I finally sit down and watched videos of all the incoming transfer that we have. Oweh is the one guy I couldn’t stop watching. I know everyone is saying we need one more player that can go get his own “a dude”. Oweh might be that guy. He’s coming into his year junior year. He’s a big guard and a freak athlete. He’s a high-level defender, but what I noticed most is his ability to put the ball on the floor and create for himself. He was a 38% three-point shooter and really physical around the basket. I’m not saying he is going to be Dwayne Wade but he reminds me a lot of a young Dwyane Wade.

That would be awesome if he is a "dude", but personally I don't care about next year. I have zero expectations, and I knew that Cal would leave us scrambling for an entirely new team whenever he left. I'm just happy he's gone, and we can move forward in a different direction.

Of course, I will certainly be happy if we have a top 10 team, but I'm trying to keep my expectations low and let MP build something here.

I hope he is not our dude.

I watched the tape. He is a less fluid less athletic Adou Thiero.

Oweh: 49.3% fg 37.7% 3pt 64.3% ft 3.8 reb 1.0 asst .4 blk 1.8 TO 11.4 pts
Adou: 49.2% fg 31.8% 3pt 80.0% ft 5.9 reb 1.1 asst 1.1 blk .7 TO 7.2 pts

I like him a lot. What I like about all the guys I've seen so far is their poise and ability to play under control. It may be due to their experience level but they all have learned you dont have to play fast at one speed but can play at different speeds and rock the defense back and forth to move then where the need to.

confused jeff bridges GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Jkwo and lazycat75
Had lots of time on my hands today. So I finally sit down and watched videos of all the incoming transfer that we have. Oweh is the one guy I couldn’t stop watching. I know everyone is saying we need one more player that can go get his own “a dude”. Oweh might be that guy. He’s coming into his year junior year. He’s a big guard and a freak athlete. He’s a high-level defender, but what I noticed most is his ability to put the ball on the floor and create for himself. He was a 38% three-point shooter and really physical around the basket. I’m not saying he is going to be Dwayne Wade but he reminds me a lot of a young Dwyane Wade.
Thank you for occupying your time with this information.
Good post.

I hope he is not our dude.

I watched the tape. He is a less fluid less athletic Adou Thiero.

Oweh: 49.3% fg 37.7% 3pt 64.3% ft 3.8 reb 1.0 asst .4 blk 1.8 TO 11.4 pts
Adou: 49.2% fg 31.8% 3pt 80.0% ft 5.9 reb 1.1 asst 1.1 blk .7 TO 7.2 pts
Yup, I said it the other day he is a shorter Adou Thiero . Probably not as good frankly

Reactions: thedahc
That would be awesome if he is a "dude", but personally I don't care about next year. I have zero expectations, and I knew that Cal would leave us scrambling for an entirely new team whenever he left. I'm just happy he's gone, and we can move forward in a different direction.

Of course, I will certainly be happy if we have a top 10 team, but I'm trying to keep my expectations low and let MP build something here.
This. I wish people could enjoy the journey. Does it really freaking matter that we're the all-time leader in "wins"? It's conference season titles, conference tournament titles, ncaa tournament titles, and JUST PLAIN FUN TO WATCH is what I'm after. Pope will need time, he knowingly walked into a program far more damaged than people realize.

I have changed my tune on my expectations. I’ve watched a little more video of butler and otega. They can both play. We could possibly be really good next year in my opinion.

Reactions: lazycat75
This. I wish people could enjoy the journey. Does it really freaking matter that we're the all-time leader in "wins"? It's conference season titles, conference tournament titles, ncaa tournament titles, and JUST PLAIN FUN TO WATCH is what I'm after. Pope will need time, he knowingly walked into a program far more damaged than people realize.
Yes. It's the most important thing. If you're not commited to keeping UK's program atop the mountain, what are you doing? All of our alltime acomplishments were earned over 70 years. To lose them over being fun to watch is how you get results like year.

Yes. It's the most important thing. If you're not commited to keeping UK's program atop the mountain, what are you doing? All of our alltime acomplishments were earned over 70 years. To lose them over being fun to watch is how you get results like year.
You missed my point. If you're winning titles, then the wins will take care of themselves. Playing cupcakes (and not even beating them) so that we could get "wins" and pad Cal's resume, is part of how we got results for the past number of years. You win titles and you're also likely going to be fun to watch.

What do you mean by less fluid? Oweh looks much better than Adou with the ball in his hands.
There are two things I noticed.

His first step due to the dribble is a bit slowed

His gather of the ball coming into a Jumper of the dribble is very robotic. Probably why that is his lowest % shot

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT