ADVERTISEMENT

Osobor update

Maybe he's wanting to see other schools then come visit here last and just not leave?

What the hell is up with people and Louisville now?
I think Louisville is just being used to drive NIL from UK. Everyone knows we don't want to lose a player to any school, but Louisville is about as bad as it gets and will drive boosters to pony up to prevent it from happening.

Reactions: Fox2monk
It's going to take me a LONG, LONG time to get used to reading something like...his agent @GeorgeLangberg of GSL Sports Group tells....in regards to a high school recruit or college player.
This agent is also Williams' agent. I've heard that he is very aggressive on NIL demands and will play everyone against everyone to get his client the best overall deal. To be expected given that's his job.

That is funny. A player like this at UK would have been gone four years ago. What's the deal with this guy? One of the top guards. Strange.
Same deal as Bacot I’d assume. Great college player that no one in the NBA wants, so their only real choice is stay in college and try to get a huge NIL bag while they can.

Me too. This is not a good update
Could this have anything to do with UK contacting TJ Power? Maybe, but my guess is probably not. I suspect UK would think they could add both, as Power still has a lot to show before expecting to start on a big-time Div. I team.

I’m glad Pope/UK didn’t get into a bidding war, here. I love JQ’s potential, but, no way in hell is he worth $1.5-2M at this point when he wouldn’t have been a huge factor in year 1 & will likely reopen his recruitment to the highest bidder for his SO year. For $1.5-2M, I would expect an all-conference type of player, or at the very least, a guy who is ready to be a significant contributor, immediately. Easy decision for Pope, IMO.

I don't think Pope shares this perspective. He's all about RETURNING kids because they're known commodities. Why pay ANYONE that kind of money when you have no idea of what they can do at the college level? He's more about "team" and the name on the front of the jersey, and I LOVE IT!
You realize we have exactly zero returning players right? Every single one of them left. Like, we have an entire 3 dudes on the team lol.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Same deal as Bacot I’d assume. Great college player that no one in the NBA wants, so their only real choice is stay in college and try to get a huge NIL bag while they can.
Figured Bacot would have tried some way to come back even though he has been around 5 or 6 years.

Me too. This is not a good update
Recruiting has been thrown into a high state of volatility.
I think Louisville is just being used to drive NIL from UK. Everyone knows we don't want to lose a player to any school, but Louisville is about as bad as it gets and will drive boosters to pony up to prevent it from happening.
The bidding game.

Last edited:
Pope is in a pickle, trying to build an entire roster while being basically an unknown quantity in the game. It will take time to build connections and have no doubt he will have a good roster next year and a great one from then on

Pope is in a pickle, trying to build an entire roster while being basically an unknown quantity in the game. It will take time to build connections and have no doubt he will have a good roster next year and a great one from then on
Good thing is if he has Fueger, Hart , and Brooks( if he comes) those are solid coaches to have help you recruit because most of them are PROVEN recruiters.

You realize we have exactly zero returning players right? Every single one of them left. Like, we have an entire 3 dudes on the team lol.
You weren't paying attention. I was talking about the types of kids Pope is after, not how many returned. He is doing the opposite of Cal, in trying to get guys he thinks will enough about the team to want to return a second year regardless of how that player does the first year. Continuity is the answer.

Reactions: NavyCat88
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT