ADVERTISEMENT

Huge week for Pope and UK (Norlander)

Brandon Garrison was one reported for later in the week already.

That's a lot of beef if we get Garrison and Osobor along with Williams. We're talking 760+ lbs between 3 big men. Hopefully that means Garrison is okay with being a back up and learning to Amari. Osobor can play both 4 and 5 spots. I'd really like a face up 4 thrown in there. TJ Power? Or maybe a big hybrid guard/forward like Agbo from Boise St?

I really appreciate how he is giving time to each recruit. I’d say Mark is loving UK, but it’s gonna age him. Keep up the hard work.
He knows what he has to do to get this thing rolling in the right direction. I would say a lot of this will be on Asst. Coaches in the coming years. The amount of time he is putting in is needed. This tells me he will succeed at all costs, and that's what we've been lacking in our coaches the past 25 years.

That's a lot of beef if we get Garrison and Osobor along with Williams. We're talking 760+ lbs between 3 big men. Hopefully that means Garrison is okay with being a back up and learning to Amari. Osobor can play both 4 and 5 spots. I'd really like a face up 4 thrown in there. TJ Power? Or maybe a big hybrid guard/forward like Agbo from Boise St?
I don't think anyone is coming in expecting to be a back up. These guys are confident and competitive. And Pope ain't promising playing time. Probably looking for guys who want to work hard, play hard, and be good teammates. That's probably what he means by guys that fit in. This isn't the Playing favorites, showcasing guys for the NBA anymore. Different culture being built now very refreshing. Looking forward to it.

I’ve thought Andrew Carr from Wake would be a really good fit but we’ll have to see when the next wave of names with real interest(Pope visiting them or them visiting UK) comes out.

Reactions: BassProCat
Would love to have 2-3 more guys wrapped up by the end of the week. I know patience is needed and more guys may still enter the portal but Pope needs at least 7-8 more dudes for this roster.

He still needs to get at least one and probably 2 elite superstars to join on
Osobor is a lock and I would consider him a superstar

agree, like the Power kid, tall and rangy with nice looking shot

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I'm not ruling out that Pope can't very well turn into an elite recruiter. The days of getting Joe Mormon, the 609th best player in the nation, are over.

Reactions: YouKay
Having the coach's wife make brownies for a recruit would be better, but you all decided you were too good for that now.
Well our new coach’s wife makes cookies for the visiting team. She probably makes brownies or cookies for our players too lol.

Reactions: ib4ky
Pope is gonna struggle because of recruiting. I don’t think he can get it done. He needs to get some assistants that really move the needle for the portal or recruiting he needs a recruiter now.

Well our new coach’s wife makes cookies for the visiting team. She probably makes brownies or cookies for our players too lol.
Maybe she could sneak in some "special brownies" to help them with their decision making. Don't forget to make enough for mom and dad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT